Status: Writing. Ideas welcomed.

Traveling Backwards

Chapter 8

Dimitri stared at me, his lips pressed into a thin line and his features growing more paler than usual.
“Oh dear God,” I thought to myself. My heart began to beat wildly, threatening to jump from my chest and disappear down the street.
I was killing Wolf.
Was I doomed to be forever fucking alone?
I didn’t know if I wanted to tackle Wolf and kiss him or just get as far away as possible.
Wolf seemed just as shocked as me. “Look, Jaydee.” He began, extending his hand towards me.
I swatted it away, glaring at him. “Don’t touch me! I could…poison you or something,” I growled.
“Hell no. Just—“ he began, grabbing my wrist, “Listen to me. We’ll figure this out together cause I’d rather not lose you—not just yet.”
His words make me feel sick, but I squeezed his hand in return.
And if this day couldn’t get any worse, my friends decided it would be a perfect time to reappear.
Arianne trotted up beside us, looking rather concerned. “Jaydee?! Is this dude harassing you?!” she gasped.
Sage stood a safe distance away, eyeing the group warily—especially Ryder. I think she was still afraid of him.
Xavier glared at Wolf, grabbing his shoulder roughly. He nearly had Wolf in height and bulk, but Wolf’s gaze made him easily loom over Xavier. “Back off,” Xavier growled, wrenching my hand away from Wolf.
“Fuck you,” Wolf roared.
I stepped between the two males, my voice livid. “Calm down! Both of you!”
Xavier looked confused. “But Jaydee. This creep is—“
“Is her fiancé,” Wolf finished with a smirked, crossing his arms.
“What?!” Xavier and Arianne said in unison. Sage just stared at me with wide eyes.
“I’ll…explain later,” I sighed, waving my hand in dismissal.
Too many things were on my mind at the moment. Last thing I wanted to do was explain my marriage that would probably end up killing my boyfriend.
Seriously. Is it that hard to just have a regular, normal life?
Whatever.
I turned back towards my three friends, forcing an obviously fake smile at them. “These are my…other friends and…fiancé.”
“Hello again!” Ryder sang as he trotted over to Arianne and the others. Sage hid behind Xavier as his arm went protectively around her shoulder.
Well. That was new.
Apparently my friends had some explaining to do as well.
Wolf stepped up behind me, his gaze still rather irritable. “We still need to talk more about your father and all this shit.”
“Not now,” I whispered, looking up at him, “Not when my friends are here. Later tonight, okay?” I asked, my gaze pleading.
He held it a moment or two before sighing and giving a slight nod. “Fine,”
Despite all the shit that had just gone down and all I had learned, I just needed to keep my mind off of it. I wanted to spend some time with my normal friends with their normal problems and normal relationships—even if it meant also having a group of vampires hovering over me.
“So,” Arianne began as she crossed her arms and looked at me, “We were thinking we’d go out for some lunch? Perhaps we can get to know your new friends and your…” she paused, looking Wolf up and down, “boyfriend.” She smiled.
Ryder jumped up and down at the idea. “Sounds great! I’m starving!”
I shot Ryder a look as if to say “Don’t think about drinking from my friends.” He simply offered me a cheeky smile and trotted after Arianne as she led the group towards a nearby restaurant.
I had forgotten my times of going to the tiny family-style restaurant. Arianne, Xavier and Sage used to come here all the time, usually to celebrate the end of a school week, exams or when I had left for boarding school.
I let out a faint sigh, nostalgic feelings consuming me. Wolf’s hand clasped on my shoulder. Usually I would’ve been comforted by his touch, but right now I just wanted several feet between us. Our waiters pushed two long tables together before we all sat down.
I glanced about the group, looking all my new and old friends converse with one another. Sage and Xavier were talking to Dimitri about something that made them all laugh. Ryder and Arianne were playfully debating over which burger was better to eat whilst the rest of us sat in silence, staring at one another.
Wolf’s hand brushed against my knee and I looked over at him. His eyes were stern as he jerked his head towards the doorway.
I followed his directions and saw Jayleen and Kaige looming in the doorway, a smirk on their face. They motioned for the two of us to come outside. I bit my lip and looked at Wolf. He simply nodded. I turned towards my friends and offered them another fake smile, “Hey guys, we’ll be right back.”
My human friends nodded whilst the vampires gave me strange looks of curiosity. Wolf and I both stood and stepped outside to be greeted by Kaige and Jayleen. “What,” I growled, crossing my arms.
“We know about your dad,” Kaige smirked, eyeing me rather hungrily.
“And we’re informing Dr. Reed,” Jayleen chimed in.
“Like hell I care,” I hissed, holding myself back from letting Jayleen really have it.
“You will when we’ve trapped you here on earth,” Kaige chuckled darkly, staring at Wolf rather intently. It made me shiver. “With the Earth Vampires to deal with you as they please."
“Wait, Earth Vampires?” I echoed, rather confused, “I thought all vampires were in hell.”
Jayleen laughed, shaking her head, “Fuck no, Jay-jay. There are plenty of Earth Vampires and once they find out that you survived, they’re gonna kill you—just like they killed your parents.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone~ This is your Co-Author speaking, ForeverFugitive! So very nice to talk to you all ^-^ I'd like to apologize for not having updated any time recently! Please forgive us! (Mainly me though because it was my turn to write ._.' I'm so sorry!) Anywho, feel free to write a few comments and subscribe! We love our silent readers too though :3 Everyone is special~ <3