Status: still making Chapter 2 ^^

Yume to Akumu: Dreams and Nightmares

Episode 2.2

“About the discussion of dreams and nightmares, we have to postpone it for another day since today we will have another lesson.” Mr. Maru announced to the class. So what Castor was saying a while ago was true?

The students around begin to whisper in low voices enough to be heard by everyone, which is not a whisper at all. Someone suddenly raised his hand up in the air that caught the attention of all the people in the room and made them stop what they were doing.

“Yes, Mr. Pan?”
“Um, then what would be our lesson for today, sir?” The guy with dark hair and black rectangular glasses asked as he stood up, and sat down as the teacher identified his question.
“Today,” Mr. Maru started, “you will be receiving eggs.” Did I hear it clearly? Did he just say… ‘eggs’? The class burst into murmurs and you can hear how dumbfounded they are right now.
“E-eggs?” one of the students spoke up.
“Yes, eggs,” he confirmed, “you will have to take good care of them until they are hatched and when they do, they will become your catchers.”
“Catchers? The pet thingies that our upperclassmen carry around?”
“Yes. They will be the one storing the Lost or rather, the Lost that have turned back into dreams you have accumulated until you have returned home to the academy and submitted the dreams.” So that was why they have pet thingies following people around when I first saw them… hmm, I wonder what kind of catcher will hatch out of my egg.
“They will be like your helper or guardian and also your protector since they have some abilities with them that can help you in dream catching. They are the most important thing that you always have to carry around. When you free a soul from becoming a Lost and you don’t have a catcher with you, all you have done saving that dream will totally become useless and they’ll wander the streets until some Nightmare sees it and consumes it, do you understand?” Mr. Maru further explained.

The whole class replied with an obedient yes and nodded but of course, some people will always have trouble listening to someone giving a lecture. Suddenly the boy on my left, which is Len, shot his hand right up into the air.

“Yes, Mr. Wilhelmson?”
“Then, why can’t we be the one to store it or just place them in a jar or container or something?” he said in plain curiosity.
“Dreams, you know, are very fragile. Only a touch of the hand can make it burst into shattered glass and the academy has created catchers for that purpose. The catchers make it possible for us to store the dreams and give it back to their rightful owners,” he halted from walking around and faced Len, “have I now answered your question?”
“Yes, sir.” So in short, we can’t touch dreams and only catchers can.
“Any more questions?” Mr. Maru stood in the middle staring at everybody and looking for more hands in the air.
“So let’s move forward with our discussion for today, everybody, please pair up with each other and find a partner,” the class, once again, roared into different conversations, “Your partner will be your permanent partner – may it be doing missions, or raising up a catcher egg.” What!? I didn’t hear anything about this! Well, the only people I know here are Castor, Pollux and… Len.

I turned to see if Castor and Pollux have found a partner yet, I’m sure they would be partners since they’re brothers and at most, twins. Still, I’m hoping if anyone would be kind enough to partner with me… maybe, I should try asking Len? Okay, here it goes. I turned my head to my left and saw something very shocking and … unexpected.

“Len, will you be my partner?”
“How about me?”
“And me?”
“And me!”
“No, I’ll be his partner!”
“Who said!?”
“Can I be partners with you?”

There were swarms of girls *ahem* flies *ahem* around the boy who was sitting next to me. Um, I didn’t know Len was this popular. I didn’t even notice that the girls were drooling over him and was… like this. It was kind of awkward and one of the girls swarming over him eyed me. I was like ‘what’s your problem?’ but of course, I didn’t say it out loud since that would mean BIG trouble. I just turned my head around the opposite side and just sat straight looking what’s in front of me. So…… what do I do now?

“Um, sorry but I already found a partner.” Were all I heard from him and all the girls toned down. Hah, good for them!

Suddenly, all the girls frantically asked him who his partner is. And from this moment, I just realized that most of the class were staring at us, well, actually at Len and his fan girls. The guys seemed jealous-slash-amazed with him and their faces looked like they’ve received a video game they’ve been waiting to get for years. Woah. I really don’t get guys. Surprisingly, someone patted me on the shoulder so I turned around to see who it was.

“Her.” Len stated as he put his arms around my shoulders like we’re best buddies… and I was left dumbstruck. What?
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Hello! My second post for this day :D I finished it just a while ago :) Did you see the Mr. Pan up there? Yes, you're guess was right. His full name is actually Peter Pan xD It was because i was watching Neverland (if you know that movie) when i was writing that part and i thought "why not name one of my character after him" =)) well, i didn't regret it! :D