Love for Love

It's Complicated.

"The can we talk about this tomorrow, please?" I asked him, sinking my head to the table and resting it there, as his face burned into my memory of all the things he had done to me over the last week. "Since nothing I say now can be taking seriously?"

"You know drinking away your problems won't actually make anything better," Tom said, reaching out to my hand and taking it from the glass. He pushes it to the side and grips my hands firmly. I refused to look up at him. "We need to talk this out."

"And I need to clear my mind before I do so," I said, trying to take away my hands from him but failing to do so. He held on tight. "The alcohol will help me get through this stage of grief."

"No it won't," he said as I flung my face up to his a little too quickly.

I groaned and sunk my head back onto the table. I heard him sigh as he made his way around the table and slipped into the booth beside me. He detached his hands from mine and wrapped his arms about me in a comforting embrace.

I felt him press his lips against my ear, saying, "You've drunk to much, Nikki. Which is a shame because you were perfect without it."

I made a disgusted noise as I pushed myself away from him and into the corner of the booth. I would have escaped but Tom had blocked me into the table and I didn't want to make a scene by clambering over it.

"What do you know of me?" I asked him. "All you've done is hurt me and betray me."

"And that is why I am asking for my heart back," Tom said, making no attempt to reach out for my hands again. "Because I don't want to run the risk of you hurting me."

"Then have it," I said, pushing at him. "I have no use for it any longer."

Not caring about the scene that I would cause, the alcohol taking full effect, I clambered over the table drunkenly and fell off the edge of the table onto my front. I heard Tom give a small laugh as I stood up, straightened myself out, and left the pub with everyone staring at me as I walked out.

It was cold outside, but the alcohol had kept me warm. I stormed down the street, through the front door of my apartment building, and up the stairs into my bedroom. I slammed the door, knowing that I would probably get some reaction from Matilda but that was the least of my worries right now.

I peeled off my clothes, throwing them to the ground as I went into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and just waited there for it to warm up. I was completely naked, standing alone in my bathroom.

When I was satisfied with its temperature, I pulled myself into the shower and didn't bother to pull the curtain over. I let the seething hot water run over my skin, not caring for the temperature as my mind was elsewhere.

I couldn't focus on anything, the alcohol clouding my mind. I didn't care because all I wanted to do was forget this day had ever happened. I had done so well since Tom's party to have this happen to me now was ever so annoying.

The only reason why I pulled myself out of the shower was because I had felt my skin starting to get a little sore and a little too pink for my liking. I turned off the shower, dried myself off, and hopped into my bed without wearing anything. I knew that it was only mid-afternoon but it wasn't like I cared. I just wanted to sleep and rid the world away.

________________________________________________________________________

I woke up the next morning with the biggest headache you could imagine. I groaned and moaned as I pulled myself out of bed. I sat on the edge with my head hanging off my shoulders. My head felt as if it was about to burst.

I thought about what Matilda had said to me about going about my apartment without clothes on so I shuffled over to my wardrobe and pulled out some clothes that would be suitable to wear to work.

I decided that I wouldn't wear heels because that would only put me further off balance so I decided that a good pair of stable flats would do. I didn't bother to do my make-up to well as nothing could hide the bags underneath my eyes.

Walking down the stairs, I had to grip onto the railing so I didn't fall down. I stumbled through the door into the lounge room and went into the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee. It helped my headache a little but not much.

Soon enough, after I had mustered all my energy, I made my way to work where I found Audrey sitting at her desk with piles of paper around her and sticking address onto envelopes for the BAFTA after party.

I gave her a weak smile as I made my way into my office, sat down at my desk, and hit my head against the table. I let out a long groan. Audrey appeared that door to my office and looked in a moment before making her way over to me. She held some sort of tea in her hands and placed it on the desk in front of me.

I lifted my head off the table and stared at it. It looked strange, and smelt strange also, so I decided to ask her, "Whats that?"

"A tea that will help you with your hangover," she replied. She looked over her shoulder at something, before she turned back to me. "There is someone here to meet you."

"Send them away," I said, taking the tea and going to take a sip. I made a noise of disgust as the tea tasted as strange as it smelled.

"I think you might want to take this meeting," she said to me as she moved to the side to reveal both Tom and Benedict standing at the entrance of the room.

"And this is why I don't like getting into any form of a relationship," I said as Ben and Tom made their way into the room. "It always gets complicated."