Breach

Antony.

Housewife. Yeah, that title fits Bishop well.

Bishop, on the other hand, does not find it to be as funny as I because he mopes about it throughout dinner. I grin as I watch him twirl his fork around his plate. Like a child, he shoves a spoon full in his mouth causing his cheeks to puff out like a chipmunk.

After realizing I’m watching him he huffs, “What are you staring at?”

“Not sure…I’ve never seen anything so hideous.” The look he’s giving me now is too cute. Wait…hold on…cute. Stop that Antony. Stop think men are cute-

It’s not men, it’s just Bishop because he is. Am I not allowed to find cute things cute? Damn it all. That brat…I’m going to make him regret making me think this way one day.

“I could say the same thing about you,” Bishop retorts, grinning at what he believes to his accomplishment of an insult. When I shrug off his teasing he seems displeased. He has many more years before he can find a way to get under my skin like I can his.

Dinner goes on in silence. The air becomes tense quickly and easily. I know why. I’m sure Bishop knows the reason too but…what am I supposed to say? He can’t honestly expect us to start dating or something?

I mean there’s a decade between us. We’re both men. He’s still in high school, 18 or not he’s still a child. He may believe he understands his feelings but I doubt he’ll like me this way for long. He’ll graduate, find himself a nice girl and forget all about these “strange feelings,” of his.

Besides…I don’t even remember how to date. Jean and I, like I said before, were high school sweet hearts. She’s the only person I have any real experience with and, obviously, our dating life didn’t go so well. Would Bishop even want to go on a date?

Where would we go? An arcade? Girls are easy, take them to dinner and a shitty romance movie and they’re happy. What would Bishop want to do? Go see a wrestling match and afterwards teepee some houses?

As if Bishop could read my mind, he says, “There are some really good movies coming out.”

A movie date is so cliché though. That’s where everyone goes when they’re too lazy to find something else. But I suppose with my inexperience and Bishop’s insecurity a movie date would work.

Hold it. Hold it! Wasn’t I just thinking to myself that I shouldn’t be doing this? Now here I am thinking of going on a date. I’m running around in circles!

“Are there any out that you want to see?” Bishop asks and damn it I can’t keep myself from answering.

“Wolverine.” Why did I answer? Now he’s going to-

“Do you wanna go see it this weekend?”

Ask. And how in the hell am I supposed to say no to those big blue eyes? Holy shit it’s impossible. It’s like a puppy staring at its master, begging for a treat.

Completely defeated, I nod my head. “Yeah, that sounds good.”

What am I doing? I shouldn’t be doing this but yet here we are, on our way to see a movie on a Saturday afternoon. Beside me Bishop is fidgeting in his seat. With his hands shoved between his legs, said legs are squirming beneath the dash and his head is on a swivel.

I hold in my chuckles only because I’m as much as a nervous wreck as he is. I’m too focused on driving though to really show it.

“Are you hungry?” I ask although I know the answer. Neither of us had breakfast this morning.

“Uh…yeah, are you?” Bishop asks, seeming to be thinking hard about what to say before he says it. For some reason I find his nervousness incredibly adorable.

I shrug and try to act as if this isn’t turning out to be a date, something that I wanted it not to be but damn it Bishop! You are such a brat, such an…incredibly adorable and hard to resist brat, damn you! It’s the eyes. I know it is.

“We can stop somewhere before the movie. Where do you want to go?”

Bishop groans, “I don’t have enough-“

“Who said you were paying?” I look to my right and grin at the sight. Bishop’s cheeks are turning pink with a blush. He averts his eyes once he realizes that I’ve caught him and grumbles something incoherent.

“You don’t have to pay.”

“We can turn around and not see the movie.”

“Screw you Annie for making things so difficult.”

“It’s my job to make things difficult for you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So...I started a new story called Nothing Will Change you should all check it out...yeeeaaaaah...

Comment&Subscribe?