Status: Up and running

Skin and Bones

Thirty

An hour in and everybody seemed to be having a good time but everything was still under control. I currently had a tipsy John trying to get me to take a sip of his beer.

“Come on you promised,” he begged and I sighed looking over to Garrett who raised an eyebrow and smirked.

“One sip and then you stop pestering me about it.” I finally caved and John’s face grew out into a sloppy grin.

“I’m just trying to get the old Eva back,” he replied like a little boy handing the bottle over to me. The glass was still cold; my hand getting damp from the compensation telling me it was a fresh bottle. I grimaced as I drank it, it had been a long time and my taste buds found it bitter.

“Need something a bit sweeter?” Garrett asked slipping a hand round my back I nodded as Garrett offered me his drink to try, I gave John his bottle back and instead sipped through the straw from Garrett’s drink coughing as it hit the back of my throat.

“I think I need to start with girly drinks,” I finally said once I could breathe again.

“Your friend Penny has that vodka. She’s over there talking to Kenney.2 I looked over in the direction John was pointing in and smiled slightly glad everyone was getting along.
My taste buds were more equipped to the raspberry vodka topped up with some juice, so much in fact I drank through two before funding myself feeling a little fuzzy.

“Have you seen my Gare-bear?” I asked Jared walking into the back of him slightly.

“Whoa are you okay?” He asked putting his hands on both of my shoulders to steady me slightly.

“John made me drink I’ve had two now I feel odd,” I admitted I don’t remember being that much of a lightweight then again I neither remember that last time I had a drink.

“Okay lets go and find Garrett, when did you see him last?”

“I dunno twenty or thirty minutes ago? He went to pee and might have fallen in because I haven’t seen him since.” Jared laughed at my comment and put an arm loosely round my back and led me through the apartment. We found Garrett in the kitchen talking to Penny who was much worse that I
was, she was holding on to the edge of the counter to balance herself but she was swaying slightly.

“Gary why do I listen to John?” I whined as I detached myself from Jared and flew my arms around Garrett’s middle, I felt better already.

“I was just telling Garrett how cute you two are together.” Penny smiled and took a big gulp from her cup, my breath immediately halted and I stiffened, I heard Jared laugh from the other side of me.

“What do you mean?” Getting defensive, wondering what Garrett would make of all this.

“Well you’re practically married and you’re cute and oh God your children I’d go to jail they’d be so hot!” I suddenly grew very hot myself but not in the good way and wished for the ground to swallow me up.

“Who’s hot?” John asked joining the conversation taking the space next to Penny.

“Eva and Garrett,” Pat replied with a shrug as if iy were a normal conversation. I on the other hand wanted to be anywhere else.

“Oh yeah well everyone knows that,” John commented leaning his body on the counter slightly pressing on Penny’s hand which she didn’t move.

“Eva are you okay?” I finally built up the courage to look at Garrett and to my surprise he was smiling at me.

“I feel funny,” I commented simply, purposely not mentioning how embarrassed I was.

“You’re not used to the alcohol come on let’s sit you down.” I could tell Garrett was a little tipsy himself but he always out my wellbeing first, I loved him for that. He tightened his arm around my back and led me to his bedroom, finally sitting me down on the bed and placing himself next to me

“How do you feel now?” He asked moving a few stray hairs away from my face.

“Better,” I replied in no more than a whisper. His eyes were slightly glassy instead of shiny and his breath smelt of Jack Daniels but to me he was still perfect, he was my Garrett.

“So what exactly have you been telling Penny about me?” He asked with a big smirk on his face.

“She just has a crazy imagination,” I replied getting flustered again, why did he have to bring that up?

“I agree with what she said though, about you being cute not about me being cute.” As he said that his cheeks flushed a bright pink, he looked down to the floor a little and bit his bottom lip slightly,. He looked so kissable, so I did straight in to his lips.

“What how drunk are you?” He asked his eyes flashing with panic as he pulled away three seconds into the kiss.

“Not drunk enough,” I replied not knowing what I meant by it but he seemed to understand. At least I think he understood as he did exactly what I wanted him to do, kissed me full on the lips.
I never understood why some people gushed about kissing someone, but I quickly realised I had been kissing the wrong people. The butterflies were rife in my stomach and my head felt as if it were in the clouds. His hands went from my face to my hair while mine locked around his neck. It was a long kiss but tongues weren’t involved, that didn’t need to be as it was passionate enough.

“I’ve known you for eight years and you still manage to surprise me,” I managed to breathe out once we pulled away, I never expected him to be a great kisser then again I never expected him to kiss me.

“You’re being very calm about this.” He rested his forehead against mine and gave my lips a small peck.

“You’re being very confident about this.” Another small kiss.

“Let’s just say I’ve had a little bit of a boost.” He smiled leaving me confused but I bet Penny had something to do with it. We walked out of the room hand in hand but spent most of our time in the
kitchen making casual conversation and stealing kisses from one another secretly.
♠ ♠ ♠
What you've been waiting for!