‹ Prequel: Right Here Waiting
Sequel: Wanted
Status: complete.

All or Nothing

We kissed that night before I left

They all sat around the soundboard as Alex remained in the booth. They’d written nearly a whole album, and it had only been a month. Brian and the guys were back on the road to finish the Asian leg of the tour. They would be home by Halloween, when Jimmy was hosting a party. Eliza and her boys were flying out to Huntington, with the exception of Hunter. He refused to go, saying he preferred the East Coast.

Alex had just finished his drum solo and looked at all of them. Eliza was smiling along with Dominic, and Hunter was nodding his head. Erick, their co-producer was giving him the thumbs up sign. He stood up, threw his hair out of his face, and left the booth.

“What did that sound like?” he asked and pulled the rolling chair closer to Eliza.

“Here, I’ll play it back,” she said and pressed some buttons before the music started playing.
A combination of all four of them played over the speakers, but the drums were the loudest, to make sure that the beats could be heard. Everyone nodded along with it, pleased with the way it sounds.

“So what are we calling ourselves?” Dominic asked.

“I’ve been thinking about it,” Alex joined in.

“Let’s hear what you’ve got, Alex,” Eliza said, turning the music down a bit.

“Shades of Grey,” Alex said, moving his hands in the air as if it was sitting in front of them.

“I like it, a lot,” Dominic said, thinking.

“Why’d you pick it?” Eliza asked.

“Well, technically, you’re the one who brought us here, so I felt like it should have something to do with you and no offense, but I don’t want pink anywhere in my band’s name. So I took your last name and came up with it.”

“I really like it,” Eliza said, smiling.

“Even though it could sound lame, I have to agree that I do like it,” Hunter joined in.

“Eliza, the only thing left is your voice,” Dom said as they finished listening to the song.

“I know.”

“You ready to sing?”

“I’m going to need some backup. Who wants to sing with me?”

“I’ll do it!” Alex said, excitedly.

They spent the next hour watching Eliza and Alex in the booth. Their voices worked perfectly together, and they were all shocked. When they were done, Dominic offered to drive Eliza back to her apartment and she accepted.

Alex and Hunter made their way to Jocelyn’s office where they sat down in the empty chairs in front of her desk.

“How are things going?” She asked.

“She thinks things are going great,” Hunter said, placing his feet on her desk.

“And by ‘great’ what do you mean?” Jocelyn asked.

“She thinks we’re actually working out. She has no idea what’s coming.”

“Good. You’re with us, then, eh?” Jocelyn said, looking towards Alex.

He gulped visibly before nodding. “Yeah, I’m with you.”

“I take it we couldn’t get to Dominic?”

“No, he and Eliza bonded instantly. She thinks of him as an older brother now. I doubt we’d be able to get to him.”

“Fine. Whatever; we got one. Hunter, get him up to speed. Don’t fuck up this time,” Jocelyn said as her phone rang. “We need to do it this time, asshole.”

Image


Brian took a long swallow of his beer. They had just finished their last concert for the Asian leg of the tour in Japan. He made his way to the merchandise booth where he knew the rest of the guys would be. He pulled back the flap and made his way inside. No one bothered him a glance, save for a few fans and that little girl, Kaicey. He still couldn’t believe Val had wanted her to help, but he couldn’t argue. He knew Val and Katie needed the help, with Eliza on her own in New York.

He sighed as he thought of Eliza. He hoped everything was going well for her. He hadn’t been able to speak to her in two days, but knew she was coming to California for Halloween. She even mentioned she was bringing Alex and Dominic with her. He couldn’t wait to see her. It felt like an eternity since he’d been in New York with her.

“You look like you could use another,” Kaicey said as she held a fresh bottle of beer in front of his face.

“Thanks,” he said a bit awkwardly but he took it from her.

“You look tired, too,” she said and reached a hand up to brush hair out of his face.

He moved back away from her touch and her hand fell to her side. He took a swallow of his new beer before answering. “Yeah, I’m ready to get home and see Eliza. She makes everything better.”

“Mmm, I’ll just bet she does,” Kaicey said, but Brian saw a gleam in her eye.

He decided in that moment he hated her. He saw her as nothing but an Amber-wannabe and he couldn’t stand to be around her. He moved away from her to stand beside the guys and talk to fans. When he glanced back at the blonde, she was staring at him while helping a fan. That nasty little smirk of hers was back in place and he turned around.

A few minutes later, they all moved away from the booth and back to the bus. As he moved past her, Kaicey stepped out to stop him.

“What?”

“Someday, Brian, you will want me,” Kaicey said.

“That day will be never. I love my fiancée and there is nothing you could do or say to change that. Get that into your thick little skull. These little games you’re trying to play are stupid and will result in nothing. Leave me the fuck alone because I don’t fucking want you, nor will I ever fucking touch you. You’re a nasty little slut, and I wouldn’t touch you with a ten foot pole.”

Kaicey just watched him as he walked away from her. Sure, he said no now, but she knew he’d eventually fold. They all do.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know in my blog i said i'd post yesterday, and i'm sorry. but i spent my whole birthday doing nothing. i'm going to go clean some and run some errands and then i'll start writing some more. i'm on a roll with this story!

comments, thoughts?

drop a comment;;