Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

I Work a Lot, but Not Tonight

"Sonya, time to wake up." Zane gently nudged me awake.
"Kay." I yawned and stretched. I hopped out of the car and headed into the house.
"Hello dears, how was work?" My mother asked as she kissed both of our temples.
"Good." Zane and I answered.
"Great. Are you hungry for dinner?"
"Yes!" Zane cheered and jumped up and down.
"Naw, I'm good. I'm gunna shower and go to bed."
"Why are you so tired, Sonya?" Zane asked confused to why I would say no to food.
"Unlike you, Zane, I actually have to get up early in the morning, go to classes for six hours, and then work. I'm exhausted, thank God it's Friday tomorrow."
"I work just as much as you." He pouted.
"You do," I patted his head, "But you can sleep in until 9, while I've been up for at least two and a half hours. I'll see ya'll tomorrow. Night."
"Good night." Everyone said as I kissed them and head to my room. I quickly stripped out of my clothes, wrapped a towel around my body, and walked to the bathroom. I turned the water on warm and stepped into. *Aah heaven on earth.* I grinned and enjoyed the warmth that caressed my skin. After just standing there for a little while I lathered soap in my hand and washed my body, then shampooed and conditioned my hair. While in the shower I brushed my teeth and then got out. I grabbed a small hand towel and dried my hair as much as possible before drying the rest of my body. Once all dry I slipped on my pajamas and walked back to my room. I hung up my towel and flopped on my bed; quickly falling fast asleep.

I woke to my phone vibrating near my head. "Hello?" I mumbled into the receiver.
"Good morning, Best friend!" Luke's sing song voice greeted me.
"Luke, you know it's really early in the morning and I was sleeping right?"
"Yes, I know. You'd be waking up soon, so why not wake to my lovely voice?" I grunted, waiting for him to tell me why he called. "Dearest Sonya, do you mind picking me up today? Dad's car died so he took mine."
"Sure, I'll pick you up at 7:40, okay?"
"Sounds good, see you soon deary. BYE!"
"Bye..." I ended the call and with one eye looked at the time; 615. *Ugh, I don't wana get up.* I rolled out of bed, like I do every morning, and dragged my feet to my dresser. I sloppily pulled off my pajamas and half blindly dressed myself. I looked down and shrugged *Good enough.* I went to the bathroom, brushed my hair, and walked into the kitchen.
"Morning, sweetie. You're earlier than normal." My mom greeted and placed a bowl of cereal and toast in front of me.
"Luke needs a ride, so I gotta pick him up."
"You don't have tooo." My mom teased.
"Come on mom, what kind of best friend would I be if I made him walk to school. He'd never do that to me."
My mom laughed and agreed. "True, dear. Luke would never leave you behind. Unless of course you killed someone."
"Not even then. All I'd have to do is call him up and he'd be all like 'Give me five' and he'd pick me up with a map and shovels."
"You'd do the same for him, except your plan would probably be more elaborate."
"Damn straight." We both laughed. I looked up at the time and groaned. "I gotta go mom, I'll see you later tonight?"
"Of course. Have a good day." I kissed her cheek and headed out.
"Good morning, Sonya." Luke greeted as cheery as ever.
"Mornin', Luke."
"So I decided, since you don't have work and neither does Zane I'm going to have a party tonight! We shall eat junk, play video games, board games, and watch movies all night long."
"Your dad okay with this?"
"Kinda..."
"Didn't tell him your grand plan yet?"
"Nope, texting dad now." He clicked away on his phone and waited patiently for a reply. "You in if it's a go?"
"Of course, I never get to hang out with you guys."
"Yay. I miss you two, since you started working all you do is work or do homework."
"You know how it is, Luke."
"I know, please don't get upset." Luke pleaded.
"I'm not, don't worry."
"Good. How is your dad? I didn't get to talk to him much."
"He has his good and bad days. His leg bothers him from time to time, but for the most part he's pretty good. He's been volunteering at the library a couple times a week and he seems pretty happy about it. And don't me started on his garden." I laughed at how much attention he gives it. The garden now takes up one side of our yard and all summer we eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
"That's great, Sonya. How's your mom?"
"Pretty good, but been busy lately." I pulled into the parking lot and I grabbed my bag from the back and met him near his door. "She's going to Beijing tomorrow. It's a bummer that she leaves so often, but since this job we've been better off, ya know."
"Yeah, but she doesn't work too much right?"
"When she's at the local office she's at home more, but when it comes time to go somewhere she works longer to get everything ready." He nodded and then turned to our friends.
"Hey guys."
"HI!" Trina greeted back and Micky gave a silent hello. "Why'd you come with Sonya today, Luke?"
"Dad needed the car, so Sonya was kinda enough to pick me up."
"Aww you're so nice." I smiled and shrugged.
"Oh right! Trina, Micky you in for a party tonight at my house?"
"Party meaning?" Trina asked with a big smile.
"Junk food, games, movies, and all of us hanging out."
"You in Sonya?"
"Yep."
Trina looked to Micky who smiled. "Of Course!"
"YAY!" Luke cheered as he sent out a mass text to Sven, Marco, Lyla, Kat, and Zane. "The party shall commence after school around 4:40. We'll meet at my house, go get something to eat and then party all night long!" We all cheered just as the warning bell rang. We all said good-bye to each other and split.
"Wait, Luke!" He turned to me and I called, "I might be a bit late, I got detention." He gave me a thumbs up and turned to head to his locker. I mimicked him and headed to my locker. Once I got my books I went to my first class pumped about tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought it was about time Sonya had fun without having to worry about work and I gave you some inside into her family. Hope you liked and understand her a little better. Comment and enjoy!