Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Finally Home

A week passed by, some days slow and some days fast. But before I knew it, the day had come for my mom to be flown in to the hospital that was about an hour from our house. She would be specially flown since she was still a medical patient, while my dad and Uncle Aodhan (AY awn), he said to call him Aidan, were flying via regular airplane. She was to arrive around 6pm our time, however we had to pick up dad and uncle at 7pm at the local airport. Uncle Aidan was going to stay with us for about a week to get dad settled in and then when mom came home for good he'd return and help with the adjustment period. I was wicked excited to actually meet him since he seemed pretty cool over the phone and helped us stay updated while dad was over there.
I hate when you can't wait for something and you have school because that just makes it that much more boring and slow. By lunch I was going crazy.
"Sonya, you okay?" Marco asked.
"Yes, but school's going by so slow." My head dropped to the table.
"Don't worry, it's almost over." Marco said reassuringly causing me to groan.
"But not soon enough."
"Don't you still have to wait like three hours before your dad and uncle even show up?" Luke asked as he sat down.
"Thanks for reminding me..."
"You're welcome." He smiled. I looked up and glared at him. "Do you get to see your mom today?"
"No." I sighed and straightened up. "After we pick dad and uncle, we're going back to the house to settle them in. It would be too much to pick them up, drive an hour, see her for about a half an hour, drive back, and settle them in. Dad's going up tomorrow to see her, but Zane and I have to wait til Sunday to see her." I was a little disappointed that I had to wait so long to see my mother again, but I've had to wait over a month so what was a few more days?
I just finished my lunch when the bell rang and I headed off to yet another class. I was about to just walk out of school when the final bell rang and I sprinted to my locker. "No running in the hallway Miss Bronte." My first period teacher called.
"Sorry." I called back and opened my locker. *Let's see Anatomy, Math, English, and Art homework.* I stuffed my bag with my homework and turned to see my friends. "What's up?"
"Nothing, can we come over and hang until you have to leave?" Luke asked receiving a a dope slap from Micky.
"Luke, that's rude. I'm sure Sonya doesn't need you over at a time like this." -Micky
"What's that suppose to mean?" Luke pouted.
I laughed and relied, "It's fine if you guys want to come over as long as you don't trash the house. Zane and I cleaned it for when they come home."
"Yay!" Luke jumped on me and then pulled me and Micky towards the parking lot. "We'll be at your house in about 15."
"We?"
"Everyone of course. See ya soon, Son!" Luke winked and headed to his car.
"That boy. I don't think he always thinks of consequences." Micky shook his head.
I chuckled, "It's alright, ya'll will help pass the time quickly and it's not often we get to hang out. I'll see you soon." Micky nodded, hugged me, and headed to his car trailed by Marco. I got in my truck and headed home to inform Zane that we were having guests.
I just walked out of the bathroom from changing when the doorbell rang. "I got it!" I called and opened the door. "Hey guys."
"Hey Son!" Lyla greeted and flung her arms around me for a hung. "How are you?"
"Pretty good. You?"
"Awesome!" She smiled.
"I like your new hairstyle." Today she sported braids on the top layer and dark purple hair color that faded to light blue.
"Thanks. Dad almost flipped, but he's kinda use to my crazy hairstyles now." She skipped in and I greeted everyone else. Today was a full house, we had Luke, Micky, Lyla, Kat, Marco, Sven, and Chels. We hung around and watched Dr. Who until everyone had to leave and Zane and I had to pick up our family.
We drove to the airport excited and giddy. It feels likes it's been forever since we saw dad or had anyone else live in the house with us. Yeah we had friends stay over, but eventually even they had to leave. The plane was delayed by a half an hour and we waited anxiously. But finally around 7:35pm I saw my dad. "Dad!" I shouted and ran to him.
"Sonya!" He smiled, dropped his things, and gave me a hug. "It's so good to see you."
"You too dad." I smiled with some tears in my eyes. I looked up and saw a man a little taller than my dad with dark mahogany hair and grass green eyes.
"You must be Uncle Aidan. It's good to meet you." I smiled.
"You too, Sonya." He had a strong Irish accent that made me smile even more. I hugged him and picked up one of my dad's suitcases.
After Zane greeted both men, they checked out and we headed to the truck. "How was the flight?"
"Not bad, but it was long." Uncle Aidan replied.
"Definitely longer than I remember it." Dad replied.
"Technically it was longer than your flight to Ireland because you were going against the spin of the Earth." Zane replied. "In order for you to travel at all the plane would have to fly faster than the Earth's spin and the world for the most part is spinning pretty fast. Plus there are winds and-" He started to explain in great detail what was happening as they traveled from east to west. My Uncle seemed fascinated, while my dad half listened; he was use to Zane's detailed explanations.
"Sorry, but we are going to have to cram into the truck." I said apologetically. We all squished in with Zane next to me, my dad next to him, and Uncle Aidan getting the door. It was a relatively quiet ride and we all breathed a sigh of relief when we got home.
"That was an interesting ride." Uncle Aidan laughed.
"You can say that again." Zane stretched and went to grab the bags. I grabbed one and went to unlock the door. "Home sweet home."
"You have a very nice house, Brendan." -Uncle Aidan
"Thank you. You kids have kept it nice and clean." He smiled gratefully to us.
"But of course." Zane smiled back.
"Uncle, you'll be staying in my room for the duration that you are here." -Me
"No, I couldn't kick you out of your room." He relied surprised. "I can sleep out here on the sofa."
"I refuse to let you sleep on that thing. It's too small and narrow. You will take my room, while I crash in Zane's." My voice held final say in it and my uncle conceded. "Follow me." I showed him my room and placed his bags on the floor near the door. "The bathroom is that way, Zane's room in across the hall, and mom and dad's room in that way." He nodded and we returned to the living room.
"Do you need dinner?" Zane asked.
"Maybe not a full meal, but I am a bit hungry." Uncle Aidan replied.
"Same here." My dad yawned. We walked into the kitchen and made something light. My dad and Uncle stayed up a little while before heading off to bed; thoroughly exhausted. Zane and I stayed up until about 11pm and then we went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two in one day, I feel accomplished. I hope you enjoy this double header and Happy Independence Day everyone!