Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Walking in the Air

~5 Years Later~
I glanced down at my simple yet beautiful engagement ring. It was a silver Claddagh with a white diamond set in the heart. However, it kept reminding me that in a half an hour I had to walk down the aisle while 75 guests watched me. I love all the people here to pieces, but I was quite uncomfortable having everyone's attention on me. I got up and slowly paced the small room in the chapel reserved just for me and my two bride's maids. "Sonya, will you calm down. You aren't getting cold feet are you?" Lyla asked as she fluttered by my side to fix a fly away stand of hair. Over the years I have let my hair grow out so now it lay two inches below my shoulders.
"No, I'm just nervous about all those people watching me walk down the aisle." I replied back, twisting my ring. I caught my reflection in my peripheral and looked at myself. I must say, in the five years since high school I've changed a little. I have longer hair, I've taken out my snake bites, I got my ears pierced, on occasion I wear skirts or a dress, and I've ditched my glasses for contacts. At the same time however, not much has changed. I still enjoy cooking and have graduated with a master's in culinary, I still love to play instruments (especially the cello and bass), still better at making guy friends than girl friends, and I like to be active.
I looking myself over and I think back to prom night. The dress that night felt weird to wear, but I loved wearing it. My wedding dress was the same way, except I think I love it more. Kat once again did a marvelous job making me a dress. I loved the way it clung to me, but didn't make me feel like I was being constricted or restrained. The flow of the skirt was lovely and the translucent jacket made it sophisticated yet could unclasp for the reception. Thank goodness since I planned on dancing all night (yes I still love to dance).
Kat came up behind me and asked. "Do you like the dress?" I only got it a few days ago. I tried it on when she did the final adjustments, but this was really my first time wearing it.
"Like it? I love it." I turned and hugged her. "It's beautiful and me." She blush and pride shone in her eyes.
"Thanks. I wanted to do something special for my best friend on her wedding." She giggled.
"You're the best, Kat." I turned to Lyla and held out my arms for her. "You too Lyla." There was a knock on the door and we all turned. "Who is it?"
"Your brother. May I come in?" Zane answered through the door.
"One sec!" Lyla called and carefully rushed to the vanity table. She turned towards me a second later with my veil. "Alright the last touch." She placed the little circlet carefully on my head and fixed the white material so it flowed around me. The circlet was silver braided metal with four light green Amerzonite stones set into the braids. "There, beautiful. Okay Zane, you may come in."
"Took you- holy cow, Son. You look- wow." My brother's stunned faced made me turn bright red.
"Thanks, Zane." I muttered.
"They're about to start, I was told to get the Bride's maids." He walked over.
"On it!" Lyla smiled. She kissed my cheek, smiled and then left.
"You're beautiful, remember to breathe." Kat smiled and hugged me before following Lyla.
"She's right you know. Just relax, sis." Zane cooed as he hugged me in a big brother hug. "What's on your mind?"
"Nothing like running away. I'm just incredibly nervous with all those people staring at me. I'm not a fan of being the center of attention."
"Coming from the girl who was once the hottest model at Toxin. I'm surprised." He gave me a shocked expression before his face crumbled into a fit of laughter.
"Oh shush. That was totally different." I smiled and playfully whacked him.
"It is isn't it? My baby sister is all grown up and getting married." Tears were forming in his eyes.
"Yep, and soon you will be too. Can I be your Best Man?"
"Only if you can beat Micky and Luke for it and you don't get asked to be the Maid of Honor." He winked.
"Dude, I'm blood, I totally get first pick for Best Man. As for Maid of Honor, we'll see." I laughed.
"Sonya, Zane, they're beginning to walk down." Mrs. Edmonds knocked at the door.
"Coming." Zane and I said in unison. She smiled and walked away.
"Ready, Son?" Zane asked with an out stretched arm.
"But of course, Zane." I took it and we headed to our spots. Zane was going to walk me down since my dad's leg has been bothering him and he's having a hard time walking. I was actually happier this way since Zane was the closest person I have in my life and it felt befitting that he gave me away.
I took a deep breath as the music began. "Ready?" Zane whispered. I nodded and we began the slow walk down the aisle. Although I looked calm walking down, I was clinging to Zane for dear life. Oh how it made me so uncomfortable to have all these people watching me. I was on the verge of a panic attack when my eyes met my fiance's, and then my nerves calmed. I smiled at him and he at me and before I knew it I was by his side and the ceremony began.
~Vow Time~
The Priest, "Who gives this woman to this man?"
Zane stepped forward and replied, "I do." The Priest nodded and ushered Zane to give my right hand to my fiance.
With a loving smile my fiance repeated the words of the priest that would bind him to me. "I Luke Kyle D'Eath, take you Sonya Redwing Bronte, to be my wedded wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness."
The priest looked to me and with a laughing, excited smile I repeated, "I Sonya Redwing Bronte, take you Luke Kyle D'Eath, to be my wedded husband. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness."
The Priest nodded again and Luke took my left hand. He slid off my ring and flipped it so the heart face away from me (when the Claddagh's heart is away on the left hand it is a wedding ring). "With this ring I do wed thee."
Priest: "In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen."
Next I took Luke's left hand and placed his ring, a silver braided ring, on his left finger and repeated, "With this ring I do wed thee."
A few more words were said, a blessing, and then the Priest said, "You may now kiss the bride."
With a grin Luke quietly commented, "Yes, sir." He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss and my arms went instantly around his neck. The church erupted into clapping and cheering and we looked out into the crowd.
"I happily present Luke and Sonya D'Eath." The Priest smiled and gestured to us. I suddenly got embarrassed and while still smiling hid part of my face in Luke's shoulder.
The music started playing and Luke offered his hand, "M'lady." Happiness colored his blue eyes.
"Thank you, kind sir." I gladly took it and we lead the procession out into the back. Lyla jumped at me the moment she walked through the threshold.
"Sonya! Congratulations!" She hugged me tight.
"Thanks, Ly."
"What about me?" Luke playfully pouted.
"Didn't you know, it's all about her." Zane laughed gave Luke a man hug. "Congrats, man. Welcome to the family."
"Thanks, Zane." -Luke
"You did it, Luke. You actually tied the knot with someone who's not only your wife, but your best friend." Micky smiled and also gave Luke a hug.
"That I did." Pride shown in his face.
I didn't hear what they were talking about since I was busy getting congratulated by my squealing friends. So when I turned I was suddenly enveloped in strong arms. "And you too, Miss-Mrs. Sonya." Micky smiled and kissed the top of my head.
"What about me?" Still in his embrace.
"You married a great person."
"Oh, that I did." Luke kissed my cheek and then was embraced by Lyla.
"Congrats, sis." Zane gave me a heart felt hug that brought me on the verge of tears.
"Let's take picture everyone." My mom said out loud before coming over and giving me a hug and a kiss. "I'm so proud of you."
"Thanks mom." We went back to the front of the church to do a bazillion pictures.
~Reception~
The bridal party walked in, each person with their date, and we sat down to have dinner. Micky started off the speeches since he was Luke's best man and then everyone else followed. I cried through most of then, especially Zane's, but then laughed through the others. After dinner my dad and I danced the Father-Daughter dance, next came me and Zane's dance since he was adamant on having one more carefree dance before I was officially a married woman (even though I technically was), and finally came my dance with Luke. Lyla went crazy with taking pictures to capture everything about today. I just shook my head and smiled, glad that my friend and sister was having fun.
I sat down with a drink and started talking with some of my friends. "So when's the cake being cut?" Lyla asked.
"Soon, I think." I really didn't know. "Thank you Cale, the cake is gorgeous." I met Cale at Markov's and he was top in the pastry department. He was a short (5'7'') young man with shaggy copper hair and gold eyes.
"You're most welcome, Son. I had a lot of fun making it, I'd love to make more." He grinned like a child who just received a bag of candy.
"You want to go into the catering business?" -Me
"Yeah, you know me I adore making sweets."- Cale
"That you do, I'm surprised I'm not fat yet." Jayce grinned and kissed Cale on the top of the head.
"You work way too much to ever be fat and plus... You love my baking." Cale grinned.
"Can't deny that." Jayce pulled Cale gently into him. I was happy Jayce finally found someone he could love. I knew he liked Zane, but Zane could never return his feelings like Cale could. Plus, Zane didn't exactly sway that way.
"Hey, love." Luke greeted and kissed my cheek. He took my hand and softly stroked it.
Cale suddenly grinned evilly. "What?" I asked a little creeped out.
"You're finally getting your cherry popped!" Cale laughed.
"Cale!" I turned beat red.
"Why's Son red this time?" Zane joined the table.
"Even better!" Cale laughed harder.
"Huh?" Before we could stop him Cale leaned forward.
"Just think Zane... your sister's no longer going to be a virgin... And your best friends going to be the one to do it with her."
"CALE!" Zane whipped his hands to his head, messing up his hair. "I don't want to think about that! I'm gunna kill you!" Zane got up, but Cale was already running away.
"You may want to go save your boyfriend, Jayce. I have a feeling Zane may actually kill him for putting that image in his head." Luke suggested, only minorly uncomfortable about how our sex life was brought up... to my brother.
"Good idea. I'll be back." Jayce got up and followed where Zane and Cale disappeared to.
"You know as embarrassing as that was, I'm not surprised Cale brought that up." I leaned into Luke who automatically embraced me.
"Me either." Lyla commented. "Hope he doesn't die. Let's dance." She got up and danced to the floor. Luke and I looked at each other and then met up with Lyla.
At one point I sat back down to take a breather and watched the party. Micky was dancing with his girlfriend he met in the army; she was a doctor. Lyla was dancing with Sven, yes they're still together. Kat was dancing with her new boyfriend Johnny, Marco was dancing with his girlfriend Lizzie, Tristan and Trina were together (they're engaged!), and Zane was flirting it up with one of my friends from college. No worries he didn't kill Cale.
"Are you sad we're moving to Colorado?" Luke asked as took me in his arms. Luke got a job as a counselor in Colorado, so after our Honeymoon we were moving there.
"I'll miss everyone, but I'm ready to start my life with you in Colorado." I smiled. He smiled with love in his eyes and he leaned down and kissed me.
"Me too, Mrs. D'Eath." He whispered before kissing me again. I could get use to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://chicweddinggowns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/210.jpg- Wedding dress (instead of gold threading it's mint green)

I know I only said 3 more chapters and then it would be over, but SURPRISE! here's the real final chapter. The prom and after party were suppose to be one chapter but I ended up splitting them so you lovely readers get one more =)

Cheers my friends and I hope you like who she ended up with.