Sequel: Smoke and Fire
Status: Complete! ^.^ READ THE SEQUEL :D

Back to the Start

9 - Garrett POV

Should I text her? She never changed her number. The same since we were in junior high. Whatever. We're friends again right? Taking out my phone, I quickly type, "Uhh, hi. It's Garrett. I don't know if you changed your number, but I'd you haven't, this is mine. I figure if we're friends again... And if you're not Rachael, this is really awkward. So...whoever this may be, hope you have a good night." Such a dork. But she knows me so well, it won't really be too surprising.

Looking at my phone to see if she texted back, I realize it's practically midnight. I forgot to call Falyn.  

Should I send her a quick text? But she's probably sleeping. Maybe I'll wait another few hours to sleep. She has a class tomorrow at 7, so she'll be awake by 6. It'll take another few hours to drag John and the other guys out of this place. And since the rest of them are most likely drunk, it'll be me driving. Guess I'm stuck.

By the time I drag myself back home, it's past 3:30. "Hi darling. Sorry I didn't call earlier. John dragged us to a club. Just dumped their sorry (and very drunk) asses back home. I know you're probably getting ready to go to class now, so I'll keep this short. How's NYC? Missing you here on the west coast. Have a good class! Love you."

Pressing a button to play my Ryan Adams Love Is Hell LP, I fall asleep to "My Love For You Is Real."

Rachael hadn't texted back.