Status: On the way :)

Feel

eight

No matter what she did, Amy couldn't stop thinking about that night. Had James wanted to kiss her? It had seemed like it at the time. She wondered, not for the first time, what kissing him would be like.

She hadn't seen him since. She had stayed away from the rink, and had purposefully stayed in bed until she knew he had gone in the morning. She felt pathetic, but she wasn't sure she could handle seeing him. If he wanted to see her, he knew where to find her.

Max was holding a party at a night club that Wednesday evening to celebrate their win against the Flyers. Amy knew it was just an excuse to have a party, but since they had two days off, it couldn't hurt.

Paul and his wife wouldn't be attending, and Amy didn't feel much like partying. But with much convincing from Max about how she "moped around too much", she borrowed a dress from Elizabeth, and headed out. Flower picked her up; she was grateful that he had offered, saying that James had an appointment and wouldn't be coming that evening - meaning she wouldn't have to see him, or hitch a ride with him. She could have taken her own car; she didn't drink often, but with the happenings lately, she didn't want to rule the possibility out. She knew Marc-Andre had been assigned the title of DD, and she didn't mind riding with the quiet man.

When they arrived, Amy immediately felt uncomfortable. She pulled at the hem of her dress as they walked in, Marc holding the door for her. When they reached the familiar group, she was relieved to see that some of the girlfriends had come, most of which she got along with well.

As the evening progressed, she remained seated, chatting with Sam, Ben Lovejoy's girlfriend. She had had a few drinks, which was a foreign thing for her, and was surprised to find that she felt more relaxed.

Halfway through their conversation, Sam called the waiter over for more drinks. As she ordered, Amy's eyes wandered, and she smiled as she found her friends dancing. She knew some of them were already drunk, and shook her head. She was about to turn back to Sam, when her eyes scanned the bar and watched as a familiar head of brown hair sat down next to Jordan.

***

Amy drank. Sam had ordered many more drinks for each of them, and she downed them with a wince. Max noticed, and he swooped over with a holler.

"Some more drinks for my ladies!" He called out loudly, slinging an arm around her shoulders. He pulled her to her feet awkwardly. "Let's dance," he slurred, pulling her towards the dance floor. Her blurry eyes immediately found James', before she turned and allowed herself to be led by Max.

Amy couldn't think straight. She knew she was stumbling as she danced; she danced with many of her friends, nearly falling into most of them as she went. She stepped on someone's foot accidentally, and turned.

"I'm sorry, I-" she stopped short as she came face to face with James.

For a moment, she stared at him with glazed eyes, before hearing Max shout in her ear: "If you're gonna stay out here, you gotta dance!"

Amy's gaze tore from James'. She was surprised as his hands found her waist, pulling her into him.

"You look nice," he whispered, making her look up again, and she could smell the alcohol as he spoke, but she didn't care. He was familiar, and his hair was messy as always, and his arms were strong around her.

She grabbed James by the front of his shirt and pulled his lips down to hers. She couldn't think straight as James kissed her back, pulling her even closer. She barely registered what was happening. Their bodies were flush against one another, her hands in his hair, and when they pulled apart, barely, they were breathing heavily.

"Cab?" he mumbled, his breathing ragged. Amy nodded, and staggered behind James as he pulled her through the crowd.

***

James pushed her up against the wall. His teeth grazed her neck, and she gasped. Her hands were tangled in his hair.

James pulled away from her neck to kiss her lips hungrily. Amy kissed back willingly, her hands fumbling to find the buttons on James' shirt. She undid them all, and helped him out of it.

His hands found the bottom of her dress and he slowly pulled it over her head, tossing it to the side. They began to kiss again, and fell back onto his bed.

Amy didn't know what was happening. All she knew was that he smelled good, and his hands on her skin made her feel like she was on fire. He was on top of her, kissing her, and she was really getting into it when she felt him stop.

"This isn't right."

Amy shushed him, starting to pull him down to her. He was stronger than her, and he gently removed her hand from his neck. She began to whine as James rolled off of her. He knew Amy was angry as she rolled onto her side, facing the other way, but he also knew she was far gone. He wasn't exactly sober, either, but she was completely wasted, and something in him didn't feel right.

He glanced over at her as he heard her breathing begin to slow. He sighed, running his fingers back and forth through his hair a few times before passing out himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't believe I wrote that. I'm like the biggest prude ever.

I love comments!

Check out my new story, Something I Need, a combined Gallagher/Galchenyuk fic with Julia!