Al and Mel

Chapter Ten: Al

That stupid bitch is really running on thin ice, if she didn't quit while she was head then I'm gonna make sure she goes head first. I was absolutely, positively seething once I found out what she did to Mel's hair. I was in fourth period when she finally told me what was wrong.

Mel started crying," Al, that stupid whore put syrup in my hair! I worked so hard on it this morning." She tried to pull a brush through her sticky hair.

I hugged her and then gently pulled her up to Mrs. Clark," Mrs, can we please go to the bathroom?"

She rose one of her perfect eyebrows before she saw Mel's pitiful hair," Of course you can."

I smiled and Mel sniffled as we walked out of the door. We ran to the bathroom and I stuck Mel's hair under the faucet. "We'll wash your hair and then dry it. I brought my curling iron, we can recurl it if you want."

She nodded as she took at big handful of hand soap to wash her hair out. I was furious, my best friend was sitting her crying, and there wasn't anything I could really do about it.

Voices started to assault the room," Did you see her run? It was pretty great. That's what she gets for messing up my favorite shirt."

I hissed," That bitch." Riley turned the corner, a new dress on her figure. She was to busy talking to her minions to realize we were here. Mel had just finished washing her hair and had it under the blow dryer.

Riley spotted us," Oh look it's the big baby now."

I stepped in front of her," Look here, you stupid whore. You are gonna regret doing this. You are going to regret taking Cam from us. So I suggest you turn around and pretend you saw nothing." I had my hands clenched in fist at my waist.

She looked scared but she just laughed it off," Whatever. Cam won't let you do anything to me."

I glared at her," How much do you wanna bet he won't stop me?" I started towards her,my fist ready to punch her in her fake perfection. Mel grabbed me before I could get a punch in but I was thrashing around," Let me get her!"

Mel just pulled me out of there and back to fourth period. I was still red in the face when we walked through the door. Mrs Clark asked," What's wrong, Al?"

I politely said," Nothing miss. I'm just a bit tired." I sat back down in my original seat, ready to just take her out. Not Mel, but Riley. She was lucky that Mel was there to stop me.

Mel touched my arm," Hey, don't let her get to you."

I whispered," I can't help it. She has him, she has him." I started to cry, the tears sliding down my face and dropping on my paper.

She got up and wrapped her arms around me," It's okay. He'll come around."

The bell rang and we had to go our separate ways, Mel keep looking back at me with compassionate eyes. She's probably figured out how much I really like Cam and how much I really am hurting. It seems like no matter what I do, the feelings come back.

For the next few days I stayed home, watching sappy love movies. Mel visited after school like always, comforting me the best she could. Finally I decided that I had to tell Cameron, no matter how much it scared me.

The next morning, I woke up and actually dressed up. A yellow and black foral dress that touched just above my knees adorned my figure. I curled loose curls in my hair and applied a smokey eyed look for my eyes. When I left, my look was absolutely perfect.

Mel was waiting for me when I walked up to the school steps. She embraced me tightly," Oh, Al. Are you feeling better?"

I nodded," Yeah, but I need to talk to Cam."

She shook her head," No, you don't. He's changed for the worse. He's more self centered then ever."

I gave her my sad eyes. "I have too."

She pointed behind her, where Cam and Riley were making out, basically having sex right for all the student body to see.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Should Al go talk to Cam? Or should she just let him go?