Al and Mel

Chapter Three: Mel

Gosh darn Trevor. Doesn’t he understand the effort I had to put into my beautiful blonde hair?

So, here’s how it happened:

I was walking down the hallway when BAM! I got hit with a water balloon. Right into my perfect hair.

I spun around, ready to eat the culprit alive when I see that it’s Trevor, grinning evilly with a sicko’s smirk.

“What the hell did you do to my hair?” I growled at him.

“It looked stupid before, so I’m doing you a favor.”

I felt my mouth open like a fish’s. Who the hell did he think he was? It took me hours to make my hair that perfect, and here he goes throwing water balloons at me like as if my mom had tormented me.

“You’re welcome, by the way,” he said casually.

Trevor was attractive. He would be my latest crush if he wasn’t such a dick. Dark hair, muscular, and the prettiest brown eyes in the entire school.

I shook my head. What was I talking about? Trevor had the eyes of a demon sent straight from Hell.

“Do you know how long that took me? Hours of hard working labor to make it absolutely perfect!” I yelled at him.

He smirked. “Well, it looked stupid.”

I glared. The bell rang, signaling class.

“Excuse me, ugly, but I have to go.”

He bumped shoulders with me as he passed to go to his class. Suddenly, the entire hallway was filled with people.


So here I was in the ladies’ room with Al as we tried to fix my hair back to its original perfection.

“I can’t believe he thought he was tough enough to ruin your hair, Mel,” Al said, shaking her dark brown hair.

Al was effortlessly beautiful. I swear that she wakes up that gorgeous. Long caramel hair that cascades down her shoulders and is always perfect. Dark brown eyes that seemed to hold the joy of the world in them. She had the perfect figure, too.

But mostly, I wanted her hair.

I felt like I could never get my rat’s nest of blonde perfect, while Al’s was always so…wow. Yes, yes. I realize it’s not a good BFF to be jealous of her friend, but c’mon! My life’s goal is to have the perfect hair, which Al has! It’s just so not fair…

Finally, we had completely gotten all the curls and bounce and awesomeness back in my hair.

I was so going to have Cam make all of his football buddies get Trevor for this…

“You should make Cam have all his football buddies get Trevor back for this,” Al suggested.

“You took the words right out of my mouth, Al,” I said, grinning evilly.

I checked my reflection to make sure I didn’t look as ugly as Travis with it. Nope, I still looked hot.

~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~


“Cam?” I said as Al and I sat beside him with his football buddies.

“You look nice today,” one of Cam’s friends said. “I like your hair.” He winked.

He rolled his eyes. “Cut it out, man. And stay out of Mel’s pants.”

I giggled at his protectiveness. “Cammy,” I whined, looking up at him with my puppy dog face, “someone ruined my hair.”

“Who?” He was almost instantly in karate master mode. (Yes, Cameron is a black belt. Third degree.)

“Trevor.”

“That dick.”

I giggled. Cam said dick. How hilarious is that?

“So, are you gonna help me get him back?” I asked with my puppy dog face that never failed me.

“’Course. No one gets away with ruining your hair, Mel.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading.

From your favorite Dreamer. ;)