Status: Complete

Even if it Kills Me

Part SIX: The Docks

Five days had passed since then. Five. I called home every day, trying to get news on Aoi’s well-being, but all they would tell me is that he told his dealer that he wouldn’t be buying drugs from him, anymore.

I was restless.

Miyavi was in the studio, and Melody was taking a nap with Lovelie and Jewelie.

I grabbed my jacket, and took a piece of paper from the notepad by the door. I wrote a note, telling the Ishiharas that I was going for a walk and that I would be back before dark.

I walked down the street and eventually found myself at the beach, my favorite place to be. It was windy, and rainy, so the beach was empty. A few people stood at one of the docks, but other than that, I was completely alone.

I walked the length of the beach, letting the ocean gently spray my shoes.

“Hey-Haruka!” I heard.

I whipped around to see that Ikuto guy.

“H-hi, Ikuto,” I greeted, shocked.

“Weird seeing you here, isn’t it?” he grinned. “But, I’m glad! I found something cool behind the docks. You’ll be the first person I show it to!”

“It is,” I agreed. “And, alright, I guess.”

He walked me down the beach, chit-chatting all the way.

I smiled and tried to be polite.

We were rounding the corner of the docks, when a fishing net was thrown on me from behind the rocks.“Ikuto!” I pleaded, hoping he’d come to my aid. I thrashed, but was only making matters worse.

I was shocked when I saw Kameko and Ikuto come out from behind the rocks holding hands with two other guys trailing behind them.

“Is that her?” Kameko asked Ikuto.

“Yep. Haruka Takashima. Cousin of Kouyou Takashima and the love of Yuu Shiroyama’s life. It’s just too bad that he didn’t realize it until it was too late.”

My eyes widened as he relayed this information to Kameko.
She looked disappointed. “I was hoping for something more exciting.” She pouted. “Is that all you know?”

Ikuto grinned. “Actually, there’s more. She’s Aiji’s sister.”

My heart stopped. I never told him that! There’s no way he could’ve known…unless…

“So that’s the bitch he died for?” Kameko laughed. “What a stupid older brother. He died for you, you know. It’s too bad. I was hoping I would get to have some fun with him before he died. But no, he had his morals. He had you.”

Her words confused me. Apparently my confusion was evident on my face, because she continued.

“Oh? You don’t remember me? I was dating your brother when he died. But, I was also dating Ikuto. You can say I had my way with the boys.” She purred.

I felt sick.

“Let’s take this conversation elsewhere,” Ikuto stated, snapping his fingers.

The other two guys, who I guessed to be their henchmen, tied me into the net, duct taped my mouth, and carried me to a nearby car. I tried to kick and scream, but it was futile.

Kameko smirked at me, and injected something into my arm.

“Nighty night,” she laughed.