Status: Still Forming in my Mind :D

Hesitation

Thinking

She sat on top of the building, with no emotion on her face.
Had it really been worth it?
She had been searching for an undisturbed corner in her mind, and that is what the solid concrete side-walk had promised. It hadn't looked so brittle from twenty stories up, but when her body had smashed into it, her head (before spattering open) had managed to chip away an edge of the solid Grey material. The concrete, however, had managed to chip away more then an edge of her. Blood ran freely in the crevasses and cracks, straight into the deteriorating gutters that ran along the street to create little blood falls. Slivers of off-white bones littered the ground, some still stuck to chunks of flesh. Her head no longer had any right to claim it's status as a Cranium- the skull had split into pieces upon impact, smearing the dull Grey brain matter across a five foot radius around her mangled face.
She floated down beside the crime scene, right next to one of the many police cars encircling her body. The men in blue tried to hold back their lunch as they approached her corpse, some failing to remember to breath through their nose had already paled considerably, though they were hardened Police men in a crime ridden city.
No one noticed her as she flew around her body, weaving in and out of the living humans that gathered up her remains. She felt more drained then ever, but it was a different kind of drained. The feelings she had been trying to escape from all this time were gone, but so were all her other feelings.
"I thought 20 stories up was low enough to at least leave my face intact."
Suddenly she felt a rush of emotion, and she drew back hastily. A police man had unwittingly passed through her. She shuddered and shook off the mans emotions. Three humans had gathered around and carefully picked up her battered self. As they placed her in a body bag, she strained to at least touch her smashed soul vessel, and remorsefully sank down as her soul passed straight through nothingness.
"Shame" She shook herself again. When they began to place markers around the scene and started to collect evidence, she floated high above them and looked to the sky.
"No." She stated quite decisively. "No, it really wasn't worth it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I hope you enjoy :D This is my first attempt at a serious book (Not a light fluffy "let's go save the day" one)
Please feel free to comment or ask questions, I love feedback!!!