It All Started With A Smile

Chapter 14

>>>GARRETT’S SIDE OF THE STORY>>>
What did I do now? Did she see the text messages Falyn sent me and the messages I sent her? Oh my god. She also must have seen my conversation with John. I’m so dead. She’s going to kill me. We’re never ever getting back together now. I don’t know what I’m going to do. She threw the ring on my face and… ugh. I shouldn’t feel sorry for myself. Nor should anyone feel sorry for me. I cheated on her. What’s worse than that? I cheated on her with Falyn Snyder. She’s a witch and I know it. I don’t even know why I fell for that girl – er witch. She didn’t deserve me. Nor did I deserve her. Just thinking about it, I don’t deserve Julia. In fact, I don’t deserve to have anyone.

I didn’t want to give up on Julia easily. I know she left San Diego already after finding out about it. I couldn’t let John have her. No way. But then, the same question keeps on repeating in my head. Why did I even cheat on her? I HATE MYSELF SO MUCH. This sucks. I shouldn’t have done it in the first place. This is it. I’m going to apologize to her. I need to show her how guilty I am about what I did. I wouldn’t let our relationship go to waste. Even if she already broke it off with me. I love her and I am going to marry her.

//\\//\\//\\//\\

*BACK IN ARIZONA*
“JULIA”, I shouted as I threw stones at her window.

She would just take a peek then close the curtains again. How badly have I hurt her? Am I really that dumb to cheat on her? I guess so. I believe I was caught in the trap of Falyn Snyder. Whatever. I’ll get back now and try calling Julia. I need to talk to her. I really really need to.

“JULIA, COME ON! OPEN THE WINDOW. CAN WE TALK FOR A MINUTE? PLEASE?”, I screamed once again.

“SHUT UP, GARRETT! YOU’RE NEVER GETTING ME BACK”, Julia said.

Those words totally stung my heart. It was as if someone stabbed me right in the heart. That isn’t possible but… ugh. It was poison. I was going to die. I couldn’t lose her.

“OH COME ON! PLEASE LET ME EXPLAIN. JULIA, PLEASE. I AM BEGGING YOU.”, I said.

“OKAY FINE. I’M GIVING YOU 10 MINUTES TO EXPLAIN TO ME EVERYTHING.”, she replied.

“WELL, WOULD YOU COME DOWN FIRST AND LET ME EXPLAIN?”, I asked.

“YOU’RE WASTING YOUR TIME. 18 MINUTES LEFT”, she said.

“JULIA, I CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE YOU. I DON’T KNOW WHY I EVEN CHEATED ON YOU. I DON’T KNOW HOW I FELL IN LOVE WITH FALYN. PLEASE, JULIA, FORGIVE ME. IT’S NOT WHAT YOU THINK. I WAS CAUGHT IN HER TRAP. JULIA, I STILL LOVE YOU. YOU’RE THE FIRST GIRL I HAVE EVER LOVED THIS WAY. PLEASE JULIA. GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE. I’LL MAKE IT RIGHT. I’LL TRY. PLEASE.”, I begged.

“Whatever. It’s too late”, she said as she closed the windows.

“Please, please”, I said, silently.

I lost the girl whom I love the most. I just want her back. She was all I ever wanted. I never even had feelings for Falyn. She was a total screw-up for a perfect relationship. I hate myself. I hate the world. I hate everything. But I love her. I would die for her and see if she would come to my funeral or if she would even bother to see if I could still try to wake up and be with her again.

I was too late according to her. Man, how could I do something so wrong to the right girl? How?

I wrote her a letter to let her know how I really feel. But I didn’t even bother to send it cause I know she won’t even bother to read it. I suck. I need to stop being this way. What am I going to do? Ugh. I can’t even think straight.

>>>JULIA’S SIDE OF THE STORY>>>
I woke up the next day feeling good as if nothing happened in San Diego. Well, I don’t think I could ever forgive Garrett. He was the first man I have ever loved this way. How can he not see that? I guess we were never really meant for each other.

//\\//\\//\\
I called one of my friends from San Francisco before whom I was still close to until now. His name is Mon. Yup. He’s my best friend. I mean, other than Patricia, he’s my guy best friend. It took 3 rings before he finally picked up.

“Hello?”, Mon said as he picked up the phone.

“Hey Mon!”, I said.

“Wait a minute. Who is this?”, he asked.

“It’s Julia! Remember me?”, I said.

“Oh! Of course I do! How could I forget about my best friend?”, he replied.

“Haha, very funny. Hey, could you visit me here in Arizona?”, I said.

“Uh… No. Kidding! Of course! I’ll be there tomorrow, alright? Just text me your address so you don’t have to fetch me”, he said.

“Yay! I’ll see you soon! Okay, sure!”, I said as I hung up.

I sent Mon my address and I really am expecting him to arrive here tomorrow. I can’t wait until he meets my band mates and the other guys… except for Garrett, though. Anyway, I knocked on Patricia’s door to see if she was up. Well, no one responded so I guess she’s still asleep. I know it’s rude to open people’s doors but I did that so… I’m sorry.

So… Patricia was still asleep, alright. I tried waking her up but nothing worked so I screamed right at her ear.

“Go away, Julia. You’re cheater boyfriend kept on knocking and I wasn’t able to sleep well last night”, she said.

“Oh, come on! Wait. I know what to get you up and moving”, I replied.

“What?”, she replied, groggily.

“We’re going to have a visitor tomorrow! Help me prepare the extra room”, I said as I started hitting her with the pillow.

“Ughh. I don’t want to get up yet”, she replied.

“BUT YOU HAVE TO”, I said.

“And why is that?”, she said.

“Because you’re finally going to meet Mon!”, I screamed.

“I’m still not getting up unless Josh and Russell are awake cause, you know, I am making breakfast for all of you”, she said.

“Just get up, please?”, I begged.

“PLEASE LET THIS CONVERSATION END. OH MY GOD”, she said as she started getting up.

“Why, thank you for getting up”, I said.

She pushed me real hard instead of saying “excuse me” as she headed to the guest room which we will prepare for Mon. Yeah, this apartment is big. We got a great deal of money, so yeah.

After preparing the room, Patricia headed to the kitchen without saying a word then started making breakfast. Hmm, something must be up. I just don’t know what.

“Julia, John called last night. He was looking for you”, she finally blurted out.

“Oh, what did he say?”, I asked hoping for a good answer.

“Why don’t you call him to find out?”, she said as she started frying eggs.

I nodded then left the kitchen to get the phone. As I was waiting for him to answer the phone, I thought about a lot of stuff. What if this was about how he felt about me again? What am I going to do? It’s going to seem as if I have moved on easily. Well, that’s what I want everyone to see because I don’t want to make it obvious that I was still so hurt. There’s nothing wrong about that. It’ll just be wrong once I – “Hello?”, John finally picked up.

“Hey John. It’s Julia. Patricia told me you called last night”, I said.

“Oh yeah… forget about that. I was drunk”, he said.

“Oh, really? Then I believe that call meant nothing”, I replied.

“Nothing at all. Hey, I’ll call you later. I gotta go”, he said as he hung up.

I went back to the kitchen to tell Patricia about what John told me when I saw her break down. What was up? So it wasn’t John’s call… man, I’m confused. I need to know what’s happening. I just need to. She noticed me as I was sneaking up to her but she looked at me telling me to just leave her alone. And so I did. I decided to wake Russell and Josh up so they could help me solve whatever is happening to Patricia. They probably know what is happening. Of course they do… on second thought, I don’t want to wake them up. Instead, I called Kennedy to ask him what was going on. He didn’t pick up the phone. Now I think this is something about the two of them. Man, what happened to them? What’s up with the world and all that’s happening?

Thank God.

Russell and Josh are finally up. They didn’t go directly to the kitchen. Now I know that something is really going on. Something bad. I was in the middle of thinking about that when Josh suddenly spoke.

“Do you know what happened already?”

“No, I don’t”, I replied.

He nodded in reply.

How can they not answer me? What was wrong? I had to know.

“Tell me. Please”, I demanded.

“Kennedy... he’s—“, Josh began, “he’s dead.”

“What?”, I was shocked.

I treated Kennedy as a brother. And now he’s dead and gone.

Right then and there, I realized why John called. He told Patricia what happened to Kennedy.

How did that happen?
♠ ♠ ♠
Look forward to Patricia's side of the story in the next chapter!! DON'T GET MAD AT ME.
Yeah I thought this was long enough cause it reached 4 pages on word but it isn't so yeah bye!