Status: A Growing Child :)

Along Came Awkward

"Do you know how big a whale is?"

"Tommy," Laura whispered into Tom's ear the next morning.

"No," he replied immediately, turning face down into his pillow.

Laura chuckled and licked his cheek. "Get up!"

"Gross," Tom mumbled.

"You like it," Laura grinned before straddling Tom's back. "Get up! We have the aquarium to go too!"

"Normalph I'fbee-"

"-what?" Laura chuckled. "You're talking into the pillow."

"I said," Tom chuckled before turning his head to the side so she could hear him. "Usually I'd be stoked for a fit lady to straddle me, but this early in the mornin'? And I 'ave a bit of a hangover."

"Lame! You promised!"

"Motivate me," Tom chuckled before putting his face back down into the pillow.

"If I did what you wanted, you'd have morning wood."

"What?" Tom jerked up, flushing.

"Nothing," she grinned before flopping down next to him and reaching over to the bedside table. "Lucky for you I wake up early and I went downstairs to cook you breakfast."

Tom's brows furrowed before he rolled over, half sitting up. "We don't have breakfast 'ere."

"Yeah I discovered that quickly," she shook her head before handing him a bowl of ice cream with whipped cream on top. "I figured sacrificing food for the munchies would suffice. Ignore the massive amount of whipped cream."

Tom smiled before taking some whipped cream on his finger and putting it on her nose. "I 'appen to like whipped cream so no harm done."

"Except your ass will jiggle for a week."

"What?" Tom shot.

Laura raised her eyebrow before taking a bite of ice cream. "You know... Big Daddy? Please tell me you've seen Big Daddy. It's like the only movie Adam Sandler didn't suck in."

Tom shrugged, "nah, I haven't."

"That's going to change real soon mister!"

Tom smiled and continued to eat his ice cream, "deal."

"Oh, that reminds me. I need clothes."

"Do yeh want to stop by yeh house befo' going to the aquarium?"

"Actually, that'd be real cool. Then you can have my address and stalk me and I wouldn't have to pay for a cab back. Win win!"

Tom chuckled, finishing the bowl and putting it to the side. "I wouldn't stalk yeh."

"How would I know. I've known you for like two days kind of."

"But yeh still slept at meh house."

Laura nodded before getting up and grabbing his empty bowl. "Touché, my friend. Touché. Get dressed! I want to see some fishies!"

Tom rolled his eyes and laughed before grabbing clothes and heading to his bathroom. He would never have the confidence Oliver, or many of his other friends would, to change in front of someone he barely knows.

When he came out of the bathroom, he stopped in his tracks when he saw Laura. She was facing away from him, slipping a new shirt over her body. He gulped seeing her skin before looking down. "I..uh... I though' we were goin' to go to yeh house."

She shrugged before putting on her heels from the night before. "This is quicker. We can stop by my house later."

"And who said you could borrow my clothes?" Tom smirked, leaning against the door.

"Psh," she scoffed, crossing her arms. "As if I don't look fit as fuck in them. We're practically the same size anyway."

"In jeans maybe," Tom chuckled looking at the slightly baggy pants she had on. The shirt was rather huge hanging off her shoulder.

"Stop checking me out. Fishies!"

"Oh my God," he rolled his eyes, chuckling. "Come on."

"Wait!" She jumped up, running into the bathroom. About a minute later she came out of the bathroom with a grin on her face. "I had to brush my teeth."

"But yeh don't-"

"I used yours" Laura winked, walking down the stairs.

"Ew!" Tom yelled. "I need to set my tooth brush on fire now yeh twat! I can't use it now!"

"Sorry I can't hear you over the lack of fucks I give!" Laura yelled up the stairs.

Tom pouted before descending the stairs and joining Laura.

"Stop being whiny," she finally said as they got in the car.

"I'm not being whiny," he mumbled.

"Stop."

Tom rolled his eyes, "stop what?"

"Being whiny."

"I'm not being whiny!"

Laura frowned and looked out the window. "I'm sorry for your tooth brush. You can take me home."

"No, we're going to the aquarium."

"No, if you're going to be whiny, I'm going to end up being bitchy back and I don't want to do that so just take me home."

"Yeh've been talking about the damn aquarium for a while so I'm taking yeh to the aquarium!"

She rolled her eyes and continued watching the cars on the highway. The sign for the aquarium came in view and it was only a few moments more before they were both parked sitting in silence.

"Listen," Tom sighed, ruffling his hair with his hand.

Laura unbuckled her seat belt and got out of the car, slamming the door before another word was spoken.

Tom quickly got out of the car and rushed over to her side before she could take another step. He stepped up to her so her back was against the side of the car. "Laura-"

"Tom?" She quickly shot.

Tom took a deep breath and sighed before looking down. "I don't wish to fight wiff yeh," he mumbled, his voice barely audible. He reached forward and grabbed both of her hands gently so that each of her hands were in his own, their fingers tracing and tangling themselves with each other. "I didn't mean to snap. It was stupid. I realleh don't wish to argue wiff yeh."

Laura paused and looked into his eyes before smiling slightly. "It's fine. Now you owe me a real breakfast."

Tom chuckled before shaking his head and grabbing her hand. "Come on. It's aquarium time."

"Yes!" Laura cheered.

Tom and Laura explored the aquarium from top to bottom. It took Tom quite a few hours of convincing Laura to leave the aquarium and come back another time.

"But Tom!" Laura whined, pulling his hand back towards the entrance. "We barely even explored the whales!"

"We'll see the whales next time!" Tom laughed at her enthusiasm.

"Do you know how big a whale is! I do! This one time when I was little, my daddy took me to the aquarium and I stood next to a whale tooth bristle and it was so cool! You should have-"

"Laura!" Tom chuckled, cutting her off. "We'll be back, I promise!"

"You promise?" She tested, smiling.

Tom nodded before leading her to the car and settling inside. "Promise. You can tell me all about the whales next time. We can even swim with the sharks."

"Yes!" She cheered.

Tom smiled and began driving back towards the town. "Would yeh like me to drop yeh off at yeh house?"

"So you can stalk me?"

"Yes," Tom confirmed before reaching out and putting on some tunes.

"Is this You Me At Six?" She asked, pointing in the direction for Tom to drive.

Tom nodded, following her direction. "Sure is. I'm pretty good buds with the band, actualleh."

"Is that supposed to impress me?" She smirked.

"Does most lasses," Tom grinned cheekily.

"Well it doesn't."

Tom only shook his head. Of course Laura would respond rashly at his words. It was only expected of her at this point. Tom was slowly starting to figure out her little quirks and habits she had, and he himself had made it a point to start responding back with things he thought would surprise her. "I'm staying at yeh house tonigh'." He commented after turning down another road.

Laura's eyebrows quirked momentarily and Tom smirked in response. He felt triumphant that he threw her off his normal track. He wanted to be just as bold and brash as she was. In a way, Tom envied Laura's way of life.

A moment passed and Tom started regretting what he said - it was an old habit of his.

"Okay," Laura said momentarily.

"Okay?" Tom asked, thrown off by that answer. He hadn't expected her to say yes. He suddenly felt like he had lost his own little game.

"Yes, okay."

He nodded, thinking of the possibilities of how the night could possibly turn out. In all the situations he came up with in his head, getting laid was none of them. He had quickly figured out by now that Laura was not that type of girl at all. He knew better than that.

Soon enough she had directed him to pull into the driveway of a small townhouse. It looked large for what one person would need out of a place to stay. Nevertheless Tom got out of the car and followed her inside.

The interior of the house looked like it was inspired by Native American tribes. There were dream catchers, wolf statues and paintings, feathers, and many memorabilia scattered around the place. "I didn't expect it to look like this at all," Tom noted.

"I'm really inspired by these things. I feel like I'm more understood this way."

"Why?" Tom asked. He didn't ask to be rude. It wasn't a common thing for someone to say such things, nor decorate their condo with such old American history.

Laura ignored Tom and headed directly up the stairs to her room. Tom stared at where she disappeared before hesitantly following her up the stairs. Upon entering her room, the smell of weed hit his nose immediately before his eyes landed on her sitting on her bed rolling a blunt.

He stared at her momentarily before she turned and looked at him. "Well, aren't you going to join me?"

Tom smiled before joining her on the bed. "Don't 'ave to ask me twice."

Laura took a large hit, closing her eyes and taking it in before passing it to Tom. "I feel like I'm more understood."

"Hmm?" he hummed as he took a hit of his own.

"By the Native Americans," Laura added. "They were so in touch with nature and their surroundings and thought everything around them was beautiful. I really appreciate that mindset. They inspire me."

Tom nodded, taking another quick hit before passing it back. "I guess that is pretteh cool." He paused a moment, glancing at the ring on her hand before smiling again. "Sunshine is like yeh tribe name, o' somefing."

Laura smiled and nodded, "yeah. The friend who gave me that name used to say that as well."

They sat in silence passing the blunt back in forth before Laura finally took it and put the small stub out. Tom watched her body move as she leaned over away from him to place the tray on the side table. He could see every muscle move below her shirt and it started to make him nervous. "Come on," Laura said before she took off the shirt she had borrowed from Tom earlier that day.

Tom's eyes widened as they glimpsed at her toned, pale stomach. His heart raced and he quickly looked away. "What are yeh doin'?" He mumbled, barely to keep his voice steady or above a whisper.

"We're having sex," Laura said before crawling over and putting her fingers at the rim of his shirt.

Tom froze, his eyes widened and he wasn't entirely sure what to do. This was the last thing he thought he'd be doing tonight. Before he knew it, his shirt was off, his back was on the bed, and lips were on his neck.