‹ Prequel: We Are Young
Sequel: The Motto

Secrets

Kaya

“I’m so excited for senior mother fucking semi!” Christian exclaimed out the window of their small limo. “YEAAAHH!!” they all laughed.

“This is so great” Steve said. “I got my girlfriend, my best friend” Dylan smiled. “This has been one of the best years of my life”

He put his arm around Dylan and Kaya. “I owe it all to you guys” Dylan kissed Steve on the cheek.

“Your welcome, man” Steve wiped his face.

Brandon put his arm around Jayden and pulled her close. He wasn’t leaving her side no matter what she did to sabotage his life. He loved her too much to leave her now.

Liv sat by herself, bundled up in the most ridiculous conservative dress ever invented. She felt like a dirty slut, she wanted to stay hidden to the world and stay in her room, but Kaya wanted her to come to be less depressed.

“Liv, come on and get happy!” Kaya said with a big smile on her face.

“I don’t want to ruin this for you guys” Liv said. “Try to have fun without me”

“NO!” Jayden exclaimed. “You’re are friend…what’s bothering you that much?”

“The fact that I feel like a dirty slut and I cheated on the one guy who had patience with me?” she said. “That’s really it”

“It’ll get better” Jayden said. “Just try to have fun…for us, okay?” Liv nodded.

The festivities at senior semi didn’t last for long. Eventually all nine of them got sick of the teenage scene. One of their last weeks of being high school students and they were stuck at a conservative dance? No way. They were going to get belligerent.

They went to Dylan’s house. Within an hour he had a raging party going on in his house. I’m surprised his parents didn’t care.

“I said bring your own beer!” Dylan exclaimed. “Do I look like a 21 year old?” Dylan asked a random kid. Steve walked up to him.

“Bro, can I have the keys to the limo?”

“Why?” Dylan handed him the keys.

“I want to get comfortable with Kaya in a bit” the two exchanged smiles and secret handshakes.

“Oh yeah man, finally! Remember, don’t double bag it”

“Why not?” Dylan gave him a look. “I’m just kidding” they smiled. Dylan looked into Steve’s eyes and hugged him again.

“Losing my virginity was the happiest moment of my life. And it will forever define high school for me”

“Well thanks for putting more pressure on me”

“Just don’t double bag it”

“I won’t” Dylan let him go. Now the battle was looking for Kaya in the crowd of people.

Brandon sat besides Jayden on the stairs. “I don’t get why you’re being so clingy today” Jayden admitted. “Usually I like it…but this is weird”

“I just want you to know that I’ll always be here for you…no matter what” now Jayden felt like a total ass hole.

Liv drunkenly tripped down the stairs passed Brandon and Jayden. “Liv!” Jayden exclaimed. she got up and met Liv at the bottom of the stairs. “Liv, are you okay?” Liv giggled as she got to her feet. Liv took a deep breath in before answering:

“I feel great!”

“You don’t look great” Jayden pointed to the puke on Liv’s once conservative dress. “And you cut your dress up” Liv shrugged.

“I wasn’t feeling it” Liv left Jayden and danced around the room like she didn’t have a care in the world. She did, she just had too many to concentrate on one.
Jill bit her lip as she looked to Alice. Kaya was with Steve on the other side of the room. So this was her only chance.

Alice was an open bisexual. She had no problem admitting her sexuality to the whole school. Nor did she have a problem with dating someone of the same sex in front of the whole school.

Jill was still confused about her sexuality. She liked what she had with Liv, it just felt less complicated or something. She just always felt blocked or hampered by boys but with a girl it just felt…right, almost.

She took a deep breath in and out before finally walking over. “Hey” Jill started.

“Hey” Alice smirked back.

“So, did you enjoy semi?”

“No I didn’t go” Alice admitted. “I just came here for Kaya. And to scope out the hot chicks” they both giggled. “By the way you look great” Jill looked down at her one shoulder black sequin dress. She blushed innocently.

“Thanks. You look very nice too, in your converse and skinny jeans” they giggled again.

“Do you want a drink?” Alice asked. Jill nodded. They walked to the kitchen, where it was less crowded and noisy. “Your options are beer, which is spiked, pepsi, which is spiked, and water which is probably spiked”

“I’ll take water” Alice handed Jill the glass. And for a split second their hands met. Jill couldn’t handle it anymore. She kissed Alice softly on the lips. Alice didn’t flinch or move back.

The kiss intensified into something Alice didn’t want. Jill put her glass down and moved her hands to Alice. Eventually Jill got her up against the wall, moving her hands up her shirt. Alice furiously pushed her away.

“I don’t think so” Alice said, a bit confused and disoriented. “I—I—“ Alice left the kitchen. Waiting in the door frame was Zack. He just watched Jill totally go after Alice. It was hot at first but then he was jealous, he missed her almost. And seeing her feel so rejected made him think of what they went through last year.

But he had to keep moving. He went in, got two beers and met Maria out in the living room again. He couldn’t turn back. He wouldn’t turn back. No matter how much he wanted to.

On the other hand Liv and Taylor were both drunken fools. Taylor knew what was going to happen. It was like he predicted it. You just don’t get drunk and not hook up with your ex-girlfriend, it’s bound to happen. ESPECIALLY if you’re both drunk. And that was the case.

At first Liv pushed him away, but after persistence, something Taylor was known for, Liv let him in. They kissed for the first time in months and had their very first sexual encounter together. Unfortunately Liv already lost her virginity to Jill, so it just wasn’t the same for Taylor knowing he couldn’t be her first.



“This isn’t going to work” Kaya said. She gently pushed Steve off of her. “I can’t do it”

“Maybe it’s just that position” Steve pulled his pants back up.

“It hurts Steven” Kaya said. “I know it’s supposed to hurt but it’s not supposed to like be a bullet to the vagina!” Kaya grabbed her dress.

“No, I can do it better I promise. You make me feel like I’m the worst thing ever but I’ve never had sex before!” Kaya looked at Steve with sincerity.

“Maybe we’re just not ready”

“I think I am, I think you’re scared” Steve straddled her hips again.

“It hurts”

“I know it does.” Steve kissed Kaya. “Just look at me, okay?” Kaya nodded. Steve kissed down her neck



Brandon couldn’t really look at Jayden. Jayden couldn’t look at Brandon. He felt bad because she felt bad, and she felt bad because he made her feel bad, because she knew he knew she stopped eating to get him to stay around more.

Jayden sighed. She was leaning on her palm on the stairs where they were most of the night.

“Do you wanna just go now?” Jayden asked.

“Can I say something first?” Jayden looked at Brandon. “I’m sorry”

“For what?”

“I know you know that I know that you stopped eating because of me. And I’m sorry for not paying attention to you”

“No, don’t apologize” Jayden told him. “I should be eating. There’s something wrong with me” she shook her head.

“No, there’s nothing wrong. You’re just lost” Brandon told her. “and I should be here for you so you can get back on the path” he explained. He kissed her. “I love you so much”

“I love you too”

“But I have to say this” Brandon got a little angry for a second. “What you did was completely rude to me. There’s a chance we won’t be together forever and you almost tore us apart for good if I wasn’t so understanding!” he exclaimed. he stood up. “Sometimes you frustrate me” he turned the other way. Jayden was about to cry. “But I love you, and you need help” he turned around, sat besides her and kissed her again.



“Ok that was better” Kaya smiled.

“Better?” Steve asked. “The look on your face, the way you were responding with your body? You fucking loved it” Steve pulled his pants back on. Kaya smiled.

“I guess everything worked out” she said.

“it did” Dylan barged in to his room.

“Oh fuck no!” Dylan exclaimed. “I never said to have sex in my room and in my bed!” he exclaimed. “Dude my mom is in the next room!”

“It was awesome” Steve said. “Thanks bro. We’re going to head out now”

Steve and Kaya got dressed and headed out. Dylan sighed. People weren’t helping the situation going on in his house.

Kaya and Steve held hands as they walked to the limo. Liv and Taylor were giggling as they leaned against the limo. Jill was inside by herself, already. Jayden and Brandon were making out on the hood.

“Hey, how was everyone’s nights?” Steve asked.

“Terrible” Alice admitted.

“What happened?”

“I’ll tell you later”

“Come on” they all got in the limo.