Status: .UPDATES RANDOMLY.

In Your Winter

.Prologue.

Chocolate brown eyes stared back at me through the mirror. Dark brown hair was braided down my back with a few strands of straight hair falling out. The girl in the mirror was beautiful. She was me. But she wasn’t. The girl smiled and tilted her head spraying a flowery perfume on her wrists. She, no, I placed the perfume down and stood up.

I walked gracefully to the chestnut drawers and gently scooped up a small golden music box. It was heavy and solid. It was actual gold with red gems making my family crest. Pretty white pearls were placed carefully around the perimeter of the music box. I smiled and ran my hand along the dulled edges.

Oh, I was so excited for tonight! In just a few hours I would be considered a woman and maybe, just maybe, the Haner boy would propose. I giggled in a way I knew my grandmother would scold me for and stood on my toes twirling twice. I stopped when I heard the heavy oak door open, I turned to face it.

I bowed my head slightly at my grandmother. A mother to my mother, a mother to me, more of a mother than my own.

“Look up, Sirenia, my dearest grandchild,” I looked up to her wave away the maid who scurried out of the room.

“You look beautiful! The stars will shine down brightly with envy,” she praised embracing me in a way only she could. She pulled back and took the music box out of my hand and placed it on the vanity. She linked arms with me and a maid quickly walked in. She placed low heels on my feet and a tiara on my head.

I felt like a princess, not just a noble’s youngest daughter as we walked to the stairs. Granmother handed me off to my oldest, but not married brother, Darren.

“It’s your time, child,” Granmother smiled as Darren and I descended down the stairs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ballroom was exquisite. Dancing nobles, the portrait of my family hanging in the center of the hall, the food, the ball gowns, it was all a perfect scene. It was exactly as I imagined and much more.

I smiled brightly as a boy my age twirled me to the cheery music. He pulled my chest against his, his hand linked with my own, his other hand resting on my hip and my other one on his shoulder.

This was the Tudor boy, his name was Brett. He was almost as captivating as the Haner boy. Almost. He twirled me once against before someone cleared their throat. I looked behind me to see my father and the Haner boy. When did he get here?

Brett let me go and bowed before walking off. I bowed with Haner boy. He took my hand in his and kissed it gently. I smiled and lightly blushed. My father smiled and gestured to the man holding my hand in his, “This is Brian Haner. We have arranged for you two be wed if there should be a liking.”

Father bowed then made his way through the crowd. When I heard ‘wed’, I nearly burst with excitement, but I had to be a lady. I made eye contact and smiled, melting in his chocolate brown eyes.

“Shall we dance, Sirenia?” Brian asked in a velvety voice. I nodded at once.

Oh did we dance! All night he and I, we moved with each other. Steps perfect with each other and matching smiles. After three hours of small talk and dancing, I wanted to be his wife. I already loved him, I knew it!

He pulled me out onto the balcony and into the cold silver storm. He noticed I began to shiver and leaned down and placed his lips gently against my own. I pushed back trying to be gentle as well. There was no doubt he had kissed other girls, but he was my first kiss. He pulled back and smiled.

“You look beautiful, white is a beautiful color on you,” he complimented making me blush. I giggled and he smiled. My dress was beautiful, white silky fabric with a skirt that lightly brushed against the floor. Red ribbons decorate the bodice and the hem of the skirt.

I looked up and our eyes met, we both leaned in for another kiss. Our lips were so close, almost touching, he slightly parted his lips. I did the same and closed my eyes.

Our lips touched and a shiver ran down my spine. I opened my eyes. Horror ran through my veins as a man holding a stake stood behind Brian.

“Brian!” I warned, pushing him out the way. He grabbed my arms to pull me to him when something stabbed under my ribcage.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes shot open and I ran a hand through my bangs to get my hair away out of my face. I breathed heavily and clutched where I had been stabbed in my dream. It weirdly... hurt.
♠ ♠ ♠
LOL. This is total shit, sorry:)

If you're interested, this was the closest thing I could find to what I imagined her dress looks like.