A Little Bit Strong.

twelve.

The season was over for the Predators. I was busy with the doctors and getting my leg healed so that gave Jordin space, but of course he wanted to be there by my side for everything. I was staying in Nashville for the summer, covering Grand Old Opre events. Jordin was going home for a visit but he said he would come back often.

I was finally coming back to myself. I had to let the past go or I would just end up sad all the time and I couldn’t do that to everything. I had to move on and face the future and I knew when the time was right I would become a Mommy.

Jordin was helping me wash my hair in the tub. I couldn’t wait to get this cast off, I was hoping that could be in a week or two. Jordin ended up getting shampoo in my eye then spraying me with the water.
“You fail” I said as I changed into comfy clothes.
“I’m not good with this whole girl thing” He said, cleaning up the bathroom.
“I will teach you” I told him.
“I’m totally cool with not learning” He said.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned up and kissed him. He picked me up and then laid down on the bed. He kissed all down my neck. Clothes were on the ground in no time. The first time since the accident, I had been to bruised and stitched up to move let alone have sex. It felt amazing.

I woke up to an empty bed, then I heard the shower. I got up and changed. I was sitting on the couch when Jordin walked downstairs. He sat on the chair beside me.
“Let’s go out tonight” He said.
“I can’t really do much though” I said.
“We need to get out of this house. Dinner and a movie” He asked.
“That sounds perfect” I said.

We sat on the couch for most of the day, just watching TV. I was going to miss these kinds of days. I finally got up and headed upstairs. I was trying to pick something casual but still nice out to wear.

I had a walking cast, which was so much better than having to deal with crutches. We went out to our favorite small restaurant, we sat where most people couldn’t see. We just wanted a little bit of our time. We then headed to the theater. It was nice to just have a date night. They were hard to come by sometimes during the season, which I totally understand.

The next few days were spend with doctors visits and Jordin packing things up to go home. I was waiting for the cast to come off before I headed back home to Hamilton for a visit. I was excited for my new job in Nashville but I was sad to say goodbye to Jordin. He’d be back soon enough and I know how much his family means to him.

“You’re just making it longer for me to pack if you take everything out” Jordin said.
“But if I take it out, you can stay longer” I said. He smirked at me.
“You’ll be fine when I’m gone” He said.
“I’m just going to miss you a lot” I said. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. “I’m going to miss getting to do that almost every day”
“I know, but you’ll start work soon and be too busy to even worry” Jordin said.

Jordin was leaving in the morning. I wanted him to stay but I knew this would come sooner or later. I would start work in another week, by then cast should be off.

Jordin was out of bed before I was, finishing packing since I was no help. I laid in bed and watched him.
“I’m going to miss that smile” He said.
“Soon enough you’ll be back” I said.
“What are we going to do till I have to leave” He asked. I smirked at him.
“I have an idea” I said. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he held me close to him. I kissed him as he laid me on the bed, clothes off in no time. I would miss being able to feel like this for a while. Jordin knew how to please me.

I woke up to an alarm. The time had come. Jordin was putting his stuff in the truck. I got up and put on comfy clothes. I was not looking forward to this drive to the airport. I was trying everything not to start balling my eyes out. I walked out to the drive way as Jordin was putting in his last bag. I would be keeping the truck here, since my car was too totaled to get fixed.

We drove in silence, which made it even harder not to cry. Jordin pulled into the airport and parked the truck. We headed inside. He got all checked in, then we waited for the boarding call. I hated that voice. Jordin stood up and held me close, there was no way to stop the tears now.

“I love you Avery” He said. “We will be together soon”
“I love you too Jordin. I know you need to see you family and go home.” I said.
“I wouldn’t have made it through everything without you this year.” He said.
“You’re stuck with me now” I said. I softly smiled. He kissed me and then he head to go.

I watched him walk on the plane. I stopped crying enough to drive home. I hated the place empty. I just sat on the couch. I looked at my phone, and noticed I had a text from Jordin. Look in my top dresser door. love you.

I headed upstairs to our room, and walked over to the dresser. I pulled it open and there was a letter sitting there. I smiled to myself as i grabbed it and sat down on the bed. I took a deep breath and opened it.

Avery,
I will miss you more than you could ever know. I am so glad we ran into each other and you were wearing that awesome shirt. I really don’t know how I could have made it through everything without you by my side. You really did help, more than you ever will know. I can’t wait to start the season with you by my side full time. These past few months have made me stronger and it’s mostly because of your help. I love you.
Jordin.

I was crying, but happy tears. He kept telling me I helped become strong, but really he made A little stronger. I didn’t know I could open my heart up to someone like this. I was always use to being set up to fail or have a broken heart.

This was the boy I want to spend the rest of my life with.
♠ ♠ ♠
my first compete story.
thanks for all the reads and comments.
there will be a sequel to this one :)
comments.
xoxox