Status: Complete

I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

Each Time I Go Away, The Distance Gets Longer

Ronnie's P.O.V.

"Holy shit, you tire me out girl." I laughed breathlessly after Lex and I plopped down onto the grass, just next to exit of the venue.

"That's the only way you'll learn." She smiled beautifully and giggled. I stared at her for a few more seconds than I should've, because she suddenly titled her head and furrowed her eyebrows. "Somethin' on my face?"

"I thought I saw a bug or something, b-but it's gone now." I blurted out. I thanked God that it was night time, so the darkness prevented her from noticing my red cheeks. I mentally smacked myself.

What am I? Twelve?

"Are you sure? It's not there anymore? What kinda' bug was it?" She panicked, using the hands she was supporting herself on the grass with and running them over her face and hair. I chuckled and stood up.

"Yes, I'm sure. It's gone." I offered her a hand to help her up, which she gladly accepted.

"Alright." She nodded absent mindedly as we made our way to the exit of the venue. I saw her run her fingers through her hair one last time out of the corner of my eye and smiled.

She's adorable.

"Want to get some food? I'm starving." I asked her.

"Sure." Her eyes lit up at the sound of food, I frowned. She probably hadn't eaten yet today. If Alexandria was anything like she used to be, she had probably been running around all day.

"Alright, I think I saw a diner on the way here, up the road a little bit."

"Wait, didn't we get to this venue at like ... 6 am?" She raised an eyebrow. I just nodded. "You were up at 6 am?" I nodded again. Her eyes went wide and she stared at me as if I had two heads.

"Early riser today I guess." I shrugged and she shook her head.

"Weirdo." She mumbled and I stopped dead in my tracks and put my hands on my hips. She turned around and did the same.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me." She stated defiantly.

"Well, fuck you too!" I held my head high and walked past her. She started to laugh again as we fell into a moderate walking pace.

The light's lining the windows and doors of the small diner were just coming into vision, when a taxi cab pulled over next to the curb. The door opened, and out stepped my worst nightmare.

Sally.

It wasn't that Sally was a nightmare at all, but the thought of her and Lex anywhere near each other was. I was shocked that she actually showed up here, considering I had Skyped with her earlier today and she mentioned nothing of it.

Lex didn't seem to be angry, or upset at all. Her face was covered in a mask of indifference.

Sally got all the way out, receiving a small shoulder bag and paying the driver before squealing and running toward me as fast as she could in her heels. She threw her arms around my neck and kissed my cheek, grinning from ear to ear as she pulled away and released me.

"I missed you so much Ronnie!" She hugged me again, her leather jacket rubbing against mine.

"S-Sally! I missed you too! Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" I managed to sputter, I looked over at Lex, who was lighting up a cigarette a few feet away. She seemed to have increased the distance between us after my girlfriend arrived.

Now, I had a raging inner battle going on. My heart was telling me to pull Sally off me and have a good time will Lex, but my brain was telling me to let it all fall into place, and not to make waves.

"Because, most of the time you were out with the guys," She glanced back so quickly I barely even noticed. "And by the time we Skyped earlier I had already decided to suprise you. I have barely talked to you since you left." She pouted after the last part, stepping back and putting her small bag on her shoulder again. "Speaking of which," she smiled at me. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?" She motioned to Lex, who looked up quickly as if she forgot we existed. I sighed.

"Sally, this is Lex. She's the lead singer of Skyline, we've toured together before. Lex, this is Sally, my girlfriend." I slightly bit out the last part and felt myself getting nervous. Sally was probably going to be intimidated by Alexandria, and not just because she had a good 4 inches off height on her either.

"Hello." Sally smiled and extended a hand, which Lex shook, causing Sally's body to jolt by her strength.

"'Sup?" Lex smiled pleasantly, but not happily.

"I hope I'm not intruding on your guys' plans, am I?" Sally looked between us. Here I could proverbially put my foot in my mouth, Lex answered.

"Nah, we were all just gonna go meet up with the boys for the some food," she lied, to save my ass no doubt. "But Jesse just texted me, he needs me back at the bus."

"Bye Ron." My ex-girlfriend patted me on the shoulder harder than usual. "Nice meeting you." She waved over her shoulder to Sally as she exhaled some of the smoke into the night air. She walked back the way we came into the venue, and as soon she disappeared from view, I turned back to face Sally, who had a nasty glare on her normally pretty face. Needless to say, she was pissed.

Kill me now...
♠ ♠ ♠
Uhhhhhhhhh-ohhhhhhhhh ;-*