Status: Complete

I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

Just Like The Cigarette Burns, Just Like The Whiskey Turns

Lex's P.O.V.

"Back so soon, love?" Danny Inquired drunkenly as I walked up behind his and Dylan's chairs. At this point, the only people left were Jeremy from A Day To Remember, Oli from Bring Me The Horizon, James, Ben, and Danny from Asking Alexandria, and Dylan, obviously. I nodded and took the open lawn chair right next to Dylan (and the cooler). I tried to make it clear that I wasn't in the mood, but the drunken man didn't seem to understand, so before he went to speak again, Dylan cut him off.

"What happened with Ronnie? I thought you were supposed to meet up with him?" He asked softly, putting his hand on my knee and speaking so quietly that nobody else would hear, at least over their own conversations and the small radio sitting next to Oli.

"Nothing." I growled, opening the cooler and grabbing a can of beer. Dyl looked at me, his blue eyes showing concern. I sighed and dropped my head, before covering his hand with my own and speaking more gently this time.

"I'll tell you later." He nodded and sat back. "Right now," I spoke loudly enough for the small group to hear me. "We have a lot of beer to drink!" I laughed and everyone cheered and put their beers, or shot glasses up, and clanked the together.

"You guys holdin' out on me?" I looked around at the confused group of musicians. "Where's the hard shit at?!" A few of them laughed, and Jeremy pointed to Oli.

"Hello." He smiled and leaned forward from his spot about a foot away from me. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Oli." He smiled devilishly and extended a hand, which I shook.

"I'm Lex." I smiled. He nodded and reached behind him, before pulling out a bottle of Jack. I grinned and he sat closer to me, reaching for another plastic shot glass from a plastic bag. He poured both of us one and before I had a chance to reach for mine, he stopped me.

"Uh-uh. You have to pay a price." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"What?" I asked dryly.

"A hug." He grinned and I felt my irritation melt away instantly.

"Sure." I smiled and reached over to hug him, Danny snapping a picture as my head rested on Oli's shoulder.
"Asshole." I grumbled, taking my shot and giving Danny the finger while he snapped a picture of me.

"Hey you stingy fuckers!" Ben shouted at Oli and I, who in turn just shared a look and laughed.

"Yeah! Sharing is caring man!" Jeremy followed up and everyone burst into laughter at his hippie like demeanor.

"Fuck you lot! This is our bottle! Right Lex?" Oli grinned at me, I instantly knew where this was going.

"Hell yeah, fuckin' right!" I shouted, imitating Lil' Wayne as I stood up and grabbed the cap to the Jack off of the cooler, screwing it back on to the bottle as Oli stood up as well.

"One! Tw-"

"GOOOO!" I cut Oli off, grabbing the bottle and taking off into a sprint, everyone following. I giggled as Oli and I ran together, weaving in between buses as our game of man hunt progressed.

"Shit!" I screetched as Danny jumped out from behind a bus, trying to snatch the bottle as he dove for me. I dodged his sluggish movements easily, and made a sharp right, causing him to topple into Oli, both of them shouting cuss words as they hit the grass. I laughed and ran past Jeremy, who was laughing so hard he forgot about the chase. I shook my head.

Most drunk people have attention spans similar to that of a doorknob.

I turned back the way I came, hoping nobody would find it predictable. I kept my head clear so I could listen for anyone still chasing me, hoping I'd be able to hear them over the sounds of my feet pounding into the grass, my heart pounding in my chest, and my ragged breathing pattern. My
hair whipped in front of me as I skidded to a halt, spotting Dylan, James, and Ben looking around near the fire pit. I ducked as quickly and quietly as I could. I dropped down onto my knees and placed the precious bottle of whiskey, rapped in my jacket behind the back wheel under the bus. I wiped the sweat off of my forehead and fixing my red Phillies T-shirt. I turned my head slightly, watching them as they looked around for me, and I noticed one crucial detail.

Dylan wasn't with them anymore.

"Fuck." I whispered, trying to catch my breath as I stood up. This meant one thing.

I had to find him before he found me.

Normally, nobody would take a simple game this seriously, even if it was over half of a bottle of Jack Daniels. When I was growing up in Philly, all the neighborhood kids would get together and play manhunt at night. I was always one of the best, and I loved the game. We played well into our teenage years, and I guess this was just a little taste of what used to be, easing my horrible plague of homesickness somewhat. I'm also kinda competitive, so this was pretty much great, to me anyway. I watched and waited for the two guys to face the opposite direction before stealthily sprinting across the grass behind the next row of buses. I looked up the back of ADTR's bus and spotted something that made me grin maliciously. A ladder leading to the roof of bus.

I stayed low and made sure my footsteps weren't too loud as I walked to the front on the bus. I kneeled down turned right, leaning toward the right and looking down before spying Dylan about two feet away from the side of the bus.

"BOO!" I shrieked, jumping down, leaning back on my haunches to lessen the pain of the fall.

"AHHHHH! HOLY FU-" He screamed before falling down. It took a few seconds to regain the feeling in my legs. He landed flat on his back right next me, his eyes wide in alarm before he realized what was going on.

"Shhhhhhh!" I covered his mouth and took my attention off of him to look around to see if anyone had heard. Thankfully, I didn't hear any footsteps and looked back at Dylan to see him rising up with me.

"Before you try to take the liquor I don't even have anymore," I put my hands up as I backed away slowly. "I have a plan."

"Does it involve jumping off buses? 'Cause that's a little much." He sighed and I shook my head.

"No. Team up with me. We can take everyone else out, or just take the rest of the liquor and run." I leaned against the bus, still listening for footsteps. He seemed to think about it for a second, before nodding.

"Alright. Where's Oli?" I sighed in relief, not yet ready to run from someone faster than me yet if he had rejected my proposal.

"Danny took him out as soon as the game started. But we gotta go, Ben and James are still close." I nodded toward the way I came, so we could retrieve the precious alcohol I'd stashed a few buses away.

"You said something about not having the whiskey anymore, did ya stash it?" Dyl inquired quietly as we crouched down behinds the ADTR bus.

"You know me all to well, Dyl." I turned around and smirked at him.

"Of course. It's not like they're gonna win anyway. We've been the champions since we were kids." I hears him shrug as I peered from behind the bus, deciding the coast was clear after James and Ben decided to walk up farther and to the left.

"Wait here." I turned around and looked at him, seeing him nod in approval before I dashed across the clearing to the spot where I stashed the liquor, I unrapped my jacket from the bottle, shrugged it back on, and placed it in the inside pocket just large enough to hold it, before zipping up the tight track jacket and sprinting back across towards my only teammate.

"Lex! Look ou-" Dylan's warning was cut off by a battle cry that sounded like it was multiple voices forming together.

"AMBUSH!" I looked to my left and seen every other musician barreling towards me, including my fallen comrade, Oli.

"GO! THAT WAY!" I shouted at Dylan, pointing behind him as we took off, gaining a few feet of leverage as the guys had to make a sharp left to go in our direction.

We sprinted across the feild as quick as our legs would carry us, weaving and dig zagging through the rows of buses, hoping to get some speed on the guys chasing us, but failing. Oli and Jeremy were ahead of the rest of the group, since they weren't smokers.

For some reason, Dylan and I thought it would be a good idea to look behind us to check on our tails, we would realize later that it was a stupid one, and regret it.

"LEX! DYL! STO-" Danny's warning cry was cut off as I turned my head and crashed into something so hard, my vision became a blur as my body twisted, resulting in whatever it was to fall on top of me.

My head hit the grass at the same time the black thing feel onto me, knocking the air from my lungs and shoving the bottle inside my jacket to nail me in the ribs.

My mind was swimming for a moment, and I struggled to see what was weighing me down. And just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I realized that the "black thing" was actually a person, a person that I didn't want to see, let alone be lying in the grass with.

Ronnie.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really do love manhunt. This chapter made me wanna go play. :D
Another thing, I'd like to thank AngerAndLove, becca65, thatscalledyes for commenting on the last few chapters that I've worked hard on, and I'd like to say I love the long, honest comments.
I'd also like to thank X13XThePurpleEscape for recommending my story.

Go read all of their stories, if anyone deserves good feedback, it's them. <3