Status: Complete

I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

I'm So Grateful

Lex's P.O.V. (One Week Later)

"I miss you too, Ron." I mumbled into the phone and smiled, pulling my legs up onto my bed. "I know it sucks, but I'll come back soon. I just wanna spend sometime at home before I can't fly anymore." I stared out my bedroom window to see the sun setting on the water of the pool Duke was paddling around in out back, my dad laid out in a chair next to him, beer in his hand, eyes closed. I glared at his refusal to change his diet and quit smoking, even though he couldn't see me.

I know beautiful. I guess I just want you all to myself."

"I know how you feel." I sighed, smiling sadly. There was a repetitive thudding coming from downstairs and I stood up off of the bed. "But Mattie's here. Want me to call you when he leaves?" I asked, exiting my bedroom and heading downstairs.

"Yeah. I'll talk to you then, if I don't answer, you know why. I love you Lex." He replied talking about the obvious time difference between our homes across the country, it was around midnight there.

"I love you too, I'll call you later " I said sweetly before hanging up the phone and opening my front door to reveal Mattie standing on the porch, a bag takeout in his left hand, his right stuffed into the pocket of his jeans, a cigarette in between his lips.

"Hello beautiful." He smiled and watched me take the cigarette from between his lips and replace them with my own. "Pregnant women shouldn't smoke." He scolded me as he stepped into the house and attempted to take the Newport back. I swatted his hand away and rolled my eyes as I closed the door.

"I'm quitin' this week. Calm your tits." I closed the door behind him as he walked over to couch and sat down. "And you shouldn't smoke in front of them either." I pointed at him as I took a drag. He frowned and nodded.

"So, have you told Jesse and Dylan yet?" He asked as he took his shoes off and put his feet on the coffee table, looking around and making sure my father wasn't around to see it. I giggled and shook my head.

"Only you and Jacky know. I do feel bad, not telling my bestfriend since like, forever... but I don't know how to say it. Dylan'll probably start screaming and jumping up and down with how weird he is." I muttered and mirrored his actions from the other side of the sectional and took another drag of the cigarette.

"Your dad?" He raised an eyebrow. "I mean it's not like you're an un-wed teenage mother with no means to support herself. Even if Ronnie did take off, which we know he wouldn't." He put his hands up in automatic defense and I rolled my eyes and blew my bangs out of my face. "You have money, and all of us to help. I think he'll be okay."

"I don't know." I sighed and tied my hair up into a bun."I don't wanna give the man another heart attack." With another sigh, I opened up the chinese food Mattie so kindly brought me and began to dig in.

"So have you guys set a date for the wedding?" Mattie asked slightly less happily than earlier. I frowned and put my food on the coffee table before getting up and walking around it and sitting next to him and putting my head on his shoulder as his arm went around mine.

"I'm sorry." I put my hand on his chest and closed my eyes. "You've been so understanding, Mattie. I knew it's putting you through a lot. I love you so much." I mumbled miserably.

"I just wanna see you happy, Lex. And apparently, you're happy with Ronnie. I'm always going to be here, even if we're not together. That kid will have everything he or she will ever want because I love you Alexandria." He replied softly and played with the hem of my black t-shirt. I looked up at him as he shook his wavy brown hair from his eyes and kissed his cheek.

"What's that?" I felt his leg vibrate before he pulled out his iPhone.

"It's Bryan." He looked at me, confused.

"Answer it." I nodded at the phone in his hand.

"Hello?" He tapped the screen and set it to speakerphone.

"Yo dude. How you been?"

"Alright. And you?" Mattie looked back at me as he replied. I stared at the phone in his hand.

"Fine. I was wondering if you guys were off tour yet."

"Yeah, we got off last week."

You with Lex? I talked to Jesse a little while ago, I was wondering what she's been up to."

"Nope." He lied and smiled at me. "Haven't talked to her since earlier. She's alright though. If you wanna call her I can text you her number though." I punched Mattie in the arm and glared at him, earning a wink and a smile back.

"Alright, thanks dude. Bye.

"Bye." Mattie hung up and looked back at me.

"What the hell?!" I looked at him like he was crazy. "Why the fuck would you do that?"

"You'll see." He smiled arrogantly before opening a new text message to send my ex-boyfriend. I watched with a frown as he typed a number in that definitely wasn't mine before realizing something.

"Is that...?"

"Ronnie's number." Mattie grinned at me before tapping send 'send'
♠ ♠ ♠
Only a short update, considering I only got ONE comment. Thank becca65 for this update. The last chapter is dedicated to her since she's commented on EVERY update since the first chapter of Here's To The Friends That Were Alibis