Status: Complete

I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

Time Marches On

Lex's P.O.V. (The Next Day)

"So, where we goin' again?" Jesse asked from the passenger's seat of my mustang as I pulled onto the highway.

"The mall, duh." I rolled my eyes and smiled, taking a drag of my cigarette. I frowned and eyed the pack of them on the dash. This was my last pack of cigarettes for nine months. Fuck. I was gonna kill someone during this pregnancy. Today, I planned on telling my bestfriend that Ronnie and I would be getting married. And what better way to do that, than to take him with me to buy a dress.

"Oh, what stores we hittin'?" He asked as I pulled into the parking lot a little while later.

"That dress shop over there." I pointed at a nice little place I remember a few of my friends buying prom dresses from back in highschool.

"What for?" He asked, clueless as I flicked my cigarette on the asphalt and got out of the car.

"A wedding dress." I said after he shut the door and we started to walk across the lot to the store.

"For who?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows and smoothing out his beader and jeans.

"Me." I glanced back at him with a smile. I stopped when I no longer heard footsteps behind me and turned back to face him. In the blink of an eye, I felt my feet lift off the ground and arms wrap around my waist as Jesse spun around with me in his arms.

"I can't breathe!" I slapped his back before he set me down, pecking me on the lips and grinning, his crystal blue eyes sparkling at me. I smiled up at him and he opened the door for me to enter the store.

"So, he finally popped the question, huh?" I stopped and looked at him warily. "I just better be 'da maid of honor!" He snapped his fingers in front of me obnoxiously.

"Finally? We've been back together for two weeks!" I laughed. "But duh, of course."

"But you've been in love with him for more than two years. I'm happy for you. Amy wants to get married, have kids, the whole nine." He sighed as a shop worker started coming our way.

"And you don't." I glanced back at my bestfriend as I ran my hand over the fabric of a sleek dress that looked fit for a princess.

"Nah, at least not yet. I don't know if I want to be with her for the rest of my life. She doesn't like the touring, probably thinks I'm gonna cheat on her. She also doesn't approve of my bestfriend being a girl." He rolled his eyes and I turned around swiftly.

"Fuck her then. Stupid bitch. She ain't right for you anyway." Jesse laughed and nodded slightly.

The woman who worked in the store cleared her throat politely, catching our attention.

"How can I help such a nice looking couple today?" The middle aged woman smiled warmly.

"Oh," I laughed. "We're not a couple." I shook my head.

"But she is getting married... when are you getting married?" Jesse trailed off and looked at me.

"Two weeks." I laughed.

"Holy shit. You really do need a dress now." Jesse chuckled.

"Alright then. Right this way." She turned and walked into a different section of the store.

About an hour, and about a hundred dresses later, something finally caught my eye.

"Oh my God." I breathed and stopped in front of it. It was a white dress, with a black ribbon with red trimming that tied into a big bow in the back. It was strapless, and it seemed to sparkle in the right light. I gasped at the graceful way it let out at right above the hips, with another small red and black bow where the seam split to let the dress flow out beautifully.

"This is it." I said, mesmerized.

"It beautiful isn't it? It was custom ordered by a local model, but the engagement was broken off right before she even tried it on. Such a shame. I think you would look absolutely stunning in it though. What are your measurements?" The woman asked as Jesse fiddled with the dress of my dreams, touching the silky-looking fabric.

I read her off my sizes and she ran behind the desk for a moment, searching for information about the dress.

"You're in luck." She piped up coming back over. "Would you like to try it on?" I looked over at Jesse

who was smiling warmly at me.

"I'd love to." I grinned.

Ronnie's P.O.V.

"You look awesome." Ryan grinned from behind me. I was currently being fitted for my tux, and I had dropped the news on my drummer on the way to the store in downtown L.A.

"I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, I'm just happy it's with Lex." Ron was sitting behind
him smiling and nodding.

"I don't know her all that well, but we all know you love her. We wish you the best." Ron smiled as the tailor measured me and had his assistant jot numbers down.

"Thanks guys." I smiked at my bandmates in the mirror. I should probably call Derek, he still at his girlfriend's?" Ryan nodded.

"Think we should invite Nasty? I know we don't really talk to him that much anymore but still..." I stepped down off the tailor walked away into the back.

"I'll give him a call." Ryan nodded and Ron agreed.

"You guys get measured already?" I asked, checking my phone for the time.

"Yeah, but you were too busy blowing up Lex's phone to notice." Ryan mocked me with his phone and I shot him a glare. "I miss you babe, come back to me soon." He continued mocking me, shoving Ron playfully as they chortled away at my expense.

"Fuck you guys." I muttered and slipped my shoes on.

"Somebody misses his girlfriend." Ryan cooed as we exited the shop.

"Fiancée." I corrected with a smirk as we piled into my escalade and headed to the cake shop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shoutout to Tonks2013, becca65, thatscalledyes, & Rachel Monroe for commenting on the last two updates. Your input is very appreciated. (: this chapter is kinda filler-ish.
Thoughts?