Status: Complete

I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

It Was Only Just A Dream

Lex's P.O.V.

"Oh my God...." Someone whispered. I couldn't open my eyes, but somehow I still knew wherever I was, it was really bright

"What?" I heard another voice, this time there were multiple voices blending into each other, but the loud blare of a beeping noise started to drown everything else out as I struggled to open my eyes.

"She's waking up.." I heard a soft raspy voice whisper. This voice seemed so familiar, but I still couldn't place it. This voice seemed to cover the noise, and gave me the push I needed to open my eyes. My sight was blurry and shaken, but as my eyes stopped burning and I stopped blinking so quickly, my sight focused on the owner of the soft, raspy voice. It was Ronnie. I glanced around and seen more owners of the rest of the voices. I looked down at my hand and saw that Ronnie's larger ones holding it.

Around my bed sat my brother, Jacky, Ryan, Derek, Ron, Mattie, Dylan, and Jamie. I frowned. In my confusion, I expected to see Jesse there. Everyone around me looked so tired, yet happy at the same time. I frowned.

"How do you feel?" Jacky asked softly.

"Okay I guess." I put my hand to my throbbing head. "My head kinda hurts though." I frowned deeper and felt Ronnie squeeze my hand. I flinched slightly, something felt off.

"Well, with the concussion, I'd think so." Mattie frowned and rubbed my leg from on top of the blanket. I shook my head and sucked in a breath of air.

"What..?"

"The concussion, from the fall, from the hit ya took?" Dylan tried to jog my memory. I blinked furiously.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I asked flatly. I instantly panicked, looking down at my stomach, it was flat. My heart started to pound and I could hear it on the monitor next to my head. My eyes became glassy and I tried to scream... but nothing came out.

"Guys... it's too much at one time, we're freaking her out let's give her sometime. Ronnie, you stay here." I saw his raven head nod out of the corner of my eye. For the moment, I was paralyzed. I couldn't move, or think, I was dumbfounded. Desperate for an answer, but couldn't find the words to ask for them.

The next few words that came out of Mattie's mouth changed my life. They seemed to come out in slow motion as everyone filed out of the bright hospital room.

"You comin', Jess?" I followed Mattie's stare to my left. I could hear the hear rate monitor speed up even faster. Tears blurred my vision. Jesse was there, looking at my worriedly. I sobbed and tried to clasp my hand over my mouth, but there was a cast in my way. I didn't even bother to look down, instead I just stared at my best friend through my tears. I still couldn't move.

His black hair was a mess. There were dark purple bags under his blood shot eyes. His clothes were wrinkled. He looked like he was on the verge of tears.

But most of all.....

He was alive.

Endless tears still fell. It felt like time stopped. I completely forgot about everything else. My head felt like it was going to explode. I was overjoyed. I sobbed again, but didn't try to cover it. I heard the door click shut and everyone start to talk outside. The word came back to life and my heart felt like it had started to pull itself back together.

I glanced back at Ronnie, frowning when I saw he had a full head of hair. I shook my head again, distinctly remembering that he had shaved one side. He looked into my eyes, almost like he was tlying to tell me something. I sat there, smiling through my tears.

"Your brother's really upset. You know he didn't mean to hit you, right?" I sucked in another breathe and blinked at him. Everything started to pull itself together in my head as I looked down. I felt a pang in my heart, realizing that my panic was for nothing. There was no baby to be lost. I was never pregnant.

I glanced down at my left hand. There was no ring. I was never married.

I looked at Ronnie's head. There were no tattoos on the left side. He never cut his hair.

I looked up at the door window. Jamie wasn't out there. He never came back.

I looked to my left. Jesse hadn't come back to life. He never died.

All the pain and happiness I had felt through the last few months wasn't real, it never happened.

It was all a dream. It never happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
BAM. MINDFUCK.
So I'd like to start out by saying that I'm so so so sorry. I'd give you guys an excuse, but school an work are bitch, and so is life sometimes. I didn't wanna give you guys a chapter I pulled outta my ass. I planned on doing this for a while now, but as much as I hate to say it. This is the end of I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

But don't freak out, it ain't over yet. (;