‹ Prequel: Missed Calls

Come Home

History Repeating Itself

Tiera sat in the warm, bubbly water of her huge bathtub. The smell of lavender putting her at ease for the time being. Cupping the water, she watched it slither through the crevices between her hands. Her mind ran a thousand miles per minute. What was she to do? The only guy she had loved from such a young age wanted her back. After all this time Patrick still missed her and thought about her. Just like how she missed and thought of him. Then that kiss they had shared on the beach was mindblowing. Her gut churned with hesitation and uncertainty. While her heart flung itself back at Patrick. Tiera was basically driving herself mad sitting in the now luke warm water. All of her fingers and toes had pruned. Yanking out the plug, Tiera wrapped a towel around her dripping wet body. She shivered, the towel doing nothing to keep her warm. A knock at her hotel room door made her jump. Throwing on the first things she could find, Tiera answered the door. Toby was leaning against the wall opposite to her door. He looked up with a sleepy smile. "Hey, what's up?" Tiera asked while stepping aside and letting him in. "Just wanted to talk to you 'bout something."

"What's that?" Tiera had no clue what it could be about. She took a seat on her big fluffy bed, folding her legs underneath her. Toby sat on the edge of the bed beside her. He traced the lines on her bed comforter, not looking at her. "I know you still love Pat." That was a big opener for Tiera. "But... I, uh, was wondering if there was a chance I could take you out on a date? After the wedding or something like that." With his voice soft and sweet, Tiera felt her heart melt. Toby was the complete opposite of Patrick. He was somebody she should have wanted and needed as a significant other. Finally, he looked up at her through his dark, long lashes. Her palms got sweaty as she stumbled over an answer. "I get it if you and Patrick aren't sorted out. I just had to ask because I really like you." Tiera then fell back onto her bed with a huff. She wanted to kick her feet at the air and throw a tantrum. Everything was just getting more and more complicated. All the plot twists never stopped coming. "I'll take that as a no." Tiera felt the bed shift as Toby tried to leave. Bolting back into an upright position, Tiera called out his name. He turned on his heel to face her. "It's not a no. I'm just really thrown off. I kinda have been for the past few months." Tiera took steady breaths, hiding her face in her hands. Toby sat back down on the bed and rubbed her knee, understanding.

"Just give me a chance Tiera. That's all I'm asking for."

They sat in a moment of silence. Toby waited on edge for her answer. Ready and well aware of rejection. Tiera was a bundle of nerves, being put on the spot by Toby's gaze. "Yeah, okay. After the wedding. We'll see where this goes." Saying this made Tiera's heart crumble to bits, missing Patrick. This was her choice; Toby. This was it for her and Patrick. She needed to move on from the past and this was the best way to start. But deep down, she knew this was a huge mistake. She didn't feel happy saying yes to Toby's date inquiry. Tiera wasn't sure about anything anymore. The only thing that she was sure about was her love for Patrick still lingered.

...♆...

Tiera had become so good at lying. She plastered on a smile the next morning and forced giggles here and there. Her and the other bridesmaids woke up at the crack of dawn and started getting ready for the wedding looming in the next few hours. Tiera let her mind drift as Florence flat ironed and pulled her hair into a half up-half down braid. If her cousin noticed she was having an off day, she didn't mention it. It was Jaycee's day, Tiera wasn't going to ruin it. The hours passed and finally guests were arriving. Jaycee's parents and in-laws stepped into the room a few times, checking on her. Tiera smiled, genuinely once while looking at her soon to be wed friend. She suited her big Cinderella dress. It almost took up half the room and spanned out around her when she took a seat on the floor. Liz and Kacey had to help Jaycee get her heels on. Then Tiera and Florence helped her up and onto her feet. Jaycee wobbled then strode out of the room with confidence. More excited than nervous about walking down the isle. The four women followed her out of the room shaking their heads and smiling after Jaycee.

The white Rolls Royce was waiting outside The Maidstone entrance. Jaycee got in first with everyone else shoving the tool and lace of her dress in after. It was squishy and most had a handful of dress in their face. Tiera clung to her small bouquet and stayed quiet most of the ride to the country club. When they did arrive a few minutes later, Florence pulled Tiera back into the Rolls Royce before she could escape. "Give us like five minutes." She snapped at the other bridesmaids. Tiera sat back in defeat when the door closed. The red head looked at her expectantly. Throwing her hands up in the air Tiera asked, "What now?"

"We only have five minutes tops, so make this quick. Something's bothering you and don't deny it," Florence hushed her cousin. "It had to have been last night when you and Kane wandered off then I saw Mr. Toby making his way toward your room. I know shit went down."

Rubbing her temples, Tiera closed her eyes. The frustration, regret and stress resumed to drive her insane again. "Me and Pat kissed then Toby asked me out on a date after the wedding. That is the shit that went down. Can we talk about this later?"

Florence threw a silent fit in her seat. Her eyes widened to an abnormal size, hands and fit were flung around and she was essentially speechless. Tiera always thought she was a drama queen. "So who did you choose?"

"Toby." With that Tiera launched herself out the door and into the country club. Leaving behind a flabbergasted cousin. Florence was stunned silent. It was truly the end of Tiera and Patrick. For the time being, at least.

...♆...

"Does my hair look fine? What about my mascara and eyeliner?! Tiera that was more than five minutes! Is my veil falling off?" Jaycee ranted and rambled. Tiera was caught in the crossfire as she checked along with the other women. Liz stood face to face with bride trying to reassure her, she looked absolutely perfect. Avoiding three certain peoples gazes all by fixing and straightening out Jaycee's dress. Tiera smoothed out crinkles very aware of Patrick, Toby and Florence waiting for her to look up to them. She never dared to.

Jason reached for her arm. She sent a thank you to god for being able to walk down the aisle with him. Patrick and Liz went first followed by Toby and Kacey. Florence mouthed over her shoulder to Tiera, "We are talking more during the reception." Jason looked down at Tiera, his eyebrows raised. She just shrugged and tugged him forward. She tried to focus all her attention on people in the seats instead of Patrick and Toby. Anything but them. Patrick waited for her to look up at him but it never happened. He wondered if she had made up her mind. When she didn't look up into his eyes his stomach dropped. Patrick Kane as used to getting what he wanted. This time though, he might have to accept he can't have everything.

...♆...

Tiera wasn't even paying attention when Jaycee tossed her bouquet in the air. She was catching up with an old friend from highschool. It was that awkward small talk. And the even more awkward question about her and Pat. All she noticed were greedy hands reaching infront of her face to grab the bundle of white roses. With a glass of red wine in one hand, Tiera balanced that and caught the bouquet at the same time. "Oh, wow." She whispered, surprised that her red wine didn't end up on someone's dress. Tiera walked back to the long table were the whole bridal party sat for the night. She tossed it to Florence with a sigh and sat down in her chair. Her third glass of wine had finally started to calm her down. The calming effect only lasted a few minutes before Patrick snuck up behind her. "Dance with me?" He whispered in her ear. It sent a shiver up her spine. His hand was a tempting invitation to be in his arms again. When she hesitated, Patrick pushed a little more. "C'mon it's Fleetwood Mac. We used to listen to these guys all the time." Tiera looked up at him for the first time that day. Her heart fluttered when she saw he was grinning, his gaze flicking to her lips. Tiera finally took his hand and let him lead her to the dancefloor. The two swayed to the beat, close together.

Patrick had his hands at a respectable height around her waist. Tiera took notice to it. The Pat she knew before would've been groping her ass. Her arms were wrapped around his neck, her head resting on his chest. With the red wine pumping through her blood and now being in Pat's arms, she felt relaxed. "Players only love you when they're playin'." Tiera quietly sang along to Fleetwood Mac. She felt the rumble through Patrick's chest of him chuckling. He got the double meaning. This whole song was the embodiment of their past relationship when he went pro. "I'm not playin' no more. I'm serious about you like I am hockey."

"I just think us, together again, is a bad idea. History tends to repeat itself."

Patrick slowed the swaying to a complete stop and just held onto Tiera. He pulled her closer and stuffed his face in the crook of her neck. Tiera held onto him too, she let him almost squeeze the air out of her. They must have stood there for two more songs. People danced around them. It brought tears to her eyes when she felt a wetness drip down her neck. Patrick was crying and hiding it from everyone else but her. He finally pulled her face close in to his. "Love you." He whispered, kissing her forehead, both cheeks, her nose then finally her lips. They both tasted a saltiness from Pat's tears. Tiera felt his fingers stroking her cheeks and his bottom lip get sucked in by her lips. He pulled away swiftly and jogged out of the country club banquet hall. Tiera watched him leave with her heart aching. "Love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been more then 2 months since updating, my fault completely. I'm so very sorry once again. But I think this is gonna be wrapped up in either 1 or 2 chapters. It's a short tale of Tiera and Pat. I know this is a slightly cheesy and depressing chapter but lets not throw shoes at me just yet. IT WILL GET BETTER. Just hold on tight to your panties! Subscirbe, comment and rec! xxoo! BTW: Dreams by Fleetwood Mac is all that slow dance shenanigans.