‹ Prequel: Missed Calls

Come Home

Coming Home

Tiera had been sitting there for an hour now. Toby sat across the booth from her rambling on about something. She loved the way he talked about things he loved. There was that enchanting spark in his eyes and he was always smiling. It broke her heart because he talked about her like this. Toby was hopelessly in love with her. Tiera was hopelessly in love with Patrick. It had been a few months since she had said her goodbyes with him. Since then her and Toby had been dating. Since then she still slept in Patrick's t-shirts and hoodies he had left behind so long ago. She had stayed in Chicago too. Tiera stayed because she loved this city. It also made her sad because of all the memories. "Babe are you okay?" Toby waved a hand in her face. She faked a smile and nodded. "Yeah." Tiera swallowed the lump in her throat with a gulp of wine.

Toby sawed at his steak and said, "You're thinking about him."

Busted. Tiera just shrugged. "I always am." She couldn't look up at him. His fork hit the plate with frustration. Toby threw some money on the table and took off. "Fuck." Tiera said underneath her breath and ran after him. He was already half way down the street. She called after him but he didn't look back. Tiera took off her heels and started sprinting. Her toes were freezing by the time she grabbed a hold of his arm. "What?" He yelled at her.

Before she could start talking, Toby cut her off. "I've been trying so hard to be your guy. I find out you've basically been stringing me along this whole time. I came up to this smoggy, dirty fucking city just to be with you and spend the summer with you. I love you. Does that not mean anything to you?"

Tiera sighed and tried to pull the hair out of her scalp. "Of course it does. I'm not some heartless bitch! You don't think I don't feel like shit about all of this? I'm hurting because I can't love you back. But Toby... Patrick, he's the one."

Toby nodded and looked away from Tiera. "Can't say I didn't try."

...♆...

Pre-season training had started and Pat could feel it in his body. As he climbed the stairs to his floor, the muscles in his legs ached and burned. When he turned the corner all feelings in his body ceased. Sitting cross-legged by his door was Tiera. She was picking at her nails. She was nervous. "Tiera?" Patrick said quietly. It echoed down the hallway. When she looked to him, Tiera couldn't breathe. She got up from her sitting position and nervously smiled. "Hi."

He walked toward her and his apartment. While unlocking his door Patrick finally said something. "Hi." He opened his door and invited her inside. She just stood there in the entrance not knowing what to do. It was familiar feeling but so different too. This used to be her home. Their home. Now it was just his. Patrick gave her a can of Diet Coke Lime because he knew that was her favorite. She smiled and thanked him. Patrick smiled back and looked at her while Tiera looked around the apartment. She looked like one of those cute hipsters with her beanie and rolled up jeans. It was different, but he liked it. "So why are you here?" It sounded kind of rude to Patrick.

"I want to come home." She replied, looking out the window. From there she could see Millennium Park and all the trees starting to change colour. "What do you mean?" She could hear him coming closer. Patrick sat on the couch arm behind her. Tiera didn't turn around.

"I tried to move on from you, and us. But nothing worked. I dated Toby. All I could think of was you. I fucking smashed that kids heart to pieces because I still love you." She turned around and faced Patrick.

"So what I'm saying is that I want to be with you. I want to let go of everything that happened in the past and stop being scared. I want to learn how to trust you again. I understand if you don't want to go through all of that again. I get it if you want to move on with your life. I just can't say I didn't try." Tiera was staring at the ground, scuffing her shoe against the hardwood floors. Her heart pounded and palms started to get clammy. She was so into her own little world that she didn't notice Patrick get up and move closer. She just reacted to his lips on hers. He had his hand on her cheek and the other on her hip. She would never know how much he dreamed of something like this happening. He would always take her back. She was the one for him and nothing was going to ever change that.

Patrick felt her smile between their kiss. The feeling was beautiful. He loved the feeling of her plump lips getting sucked in by his. A shiver ran up his spine when he felt her hands run up the front of his chest. "Marry me." He gasped between kisses.

"Not right now." She replied, smirking. He didn't think it was funny.

"I will one day Pat. Let's just take this slow, be patient." Tiera expanded on her answer. Patrick nodded and kissed her again. He hooked his arms around the back of her knees and lifted her up. She yelped when he threw her onto the couch. Patrick beamed and crawled on top of her. "This isn't going very slow Pat." Tiera whispered, two fistfuls of his shirt in her hands. Looking up into his big blue eyes made her feel so at home.

"I'm just kissin' ya. I promise." He whispered back. That's all he wanted to do was kiss her into tomorrow. He had missed out on it too much.

That's what they did for the rest of the night. Made out on the couch, their bodies tangled up in one and other. Patrick kissed her everywhere while respecting her wishes to take it slow. Tiera wanted to give in a few times and feel him in another intimate way. His slightly chapped lips were almost enough to give in. She caught her wandering hands and kept them on his strong biceps or weaved behind his neck. They both loved this feeling though. It was gentle and romantic. Which is what neither almost never were. It was a new feeling of ease and Tiera and Pat never wanted it to end. When they both became sleepy and settled down for the night, Tiera turned to face Patrick in his arms. He was faintly smiling as he started to fall asleep. She ran a hand over his rough cheek. Patrick turned and kissed her palm. He kept her hand on his neck and then dozed off to sleep. Tiera looked at him for a little bit before she drifted off to a deep sleep. He was home to her. She could never ever be away from her home again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is it. I'm kind of sad because I really do love Tiera and Patrick. It has taken me three months to finally post it and I'm so sorry :( I'm horrible with this updating thing. But I do hope you liked this story and the final chapter! Thank you if you dropped a comment, subscription or recommendation. xxoo for all the support! I would die of happiness if you left me a few more comments? :*