‹ Prequel: Better Off This Way

Cry

Abram

“No,” Sophie told Arianna as she held up the dress for her, “I’ll look like I’m asking to get laid.”

“That’s the point, woman!” Arianna exclaimed and placed the bag from the store she bought the dress on the couch. “We’re in LA on a Saturday night! We’ve got to go out. You agreed.”

“Yes, to go out, but not clubbing. You said a bar.”

“There are bars in the club,” Arianna smiled cheekily. “Come on. Clubs are basically one-night stands and you need some loving.”

“I hate dancing like they do in clubs. Let’s go to a bar instead, please? At least there will be decent music there,” Sophie insisted and Arianna sighed and gave in.

“Fine, but we’re still dressing up as sluts, so you’re putting this on,” she tossed the dress to Sophie whom barely caught it on time.

“What does Matt have to say about this?” Sophie asked her longtime friend. Arianna smirked and then placed a finger to her lips letting Sophie know that her friend’s boyfriend had no clue they were going to go a bar. Her friend then explained that she didn’t plan to hit on any guy or sleep with anyone. She was just going to have fun and get Sophie laid. That was the sole mission of going to the bar.

Sophie went to her room and she looked at the piece of fabric that was supposed to be a dress. She guessed it could be worse because she remembered girls wearing less. She wanted to have fun and she deserved it. She spent too many nights crying, actually almost every night since she left Brian. In a way she was happy she left him. If he left her, then Sophie would’ve felt worse. In the end Sophie had the last laugh, but then she remembered Brian had his arms wrapped around someone else, and Sophie hugged her pillow.

Not tonight. She had to find someone else. Another pair of arms would embrace her. She would find someone to make her forget everything. She got into the dress, and then she fixed her hair and makeup. She found some heels that went with the dress. She noticed the tag was off, so Arianna must have pulled it off. Sophie groaned when she saw how short the dress was, and how it stuck to her skin. She turned to her side and noticed it that she had a butt now. Usually it was Arianna with the big ass, the Latina ass, as her brunette friend liked to say. Now Sophie had a bit of an ass.

She nodded at her reflection and she made sure her bag had everything she did. There were condoms inside, chap stick, and some body spray. She went back to the living room where Arianna was fixing the hem of her dress. Sophie winced when she saw how her friend looked. If Matt saw how she was going out tonight, he would… well he would definitely not like it. She trusted her friend though. Arianna never had a reason to cheat, and Matt didn’t have to either. Their sex life never faltered. In fact, it only improved according to Arianna.

Sophie would yank off Matt’s balls if he ever hurt Arianna like Brian hurt her. Arianna was so close to beating Brian. Sophie had stopped her and told her it wasn’t worth it.

“If Matt knew you were going out dressed like that without him, he is going to freaking flip, Arianna,” Sophie chuckled and shook her head.

“I’m not going alone. I’m going with you! Plus I’m not going to be the one getting laid, well I am, but by my boyfriend. You need to get some. Get out there back to having some fun with random strangers.”

“One-night stand, got it,” Sophie gave her the thumbs up.

“Right,” Arianna laughed. “You’re out of touch. You haven’t dated… well… since high school. You got with Brian way too soon.”

“You did too with Matt,” Sophie accused back.

“Hardly,” Arianna waved her hand. “We slept with other people on the side in the beginning and until we were 20 we became serious.”

“You could have fooled me,” Sophie muttered. “Honestly, this dress is too tight. What is wrong with what I like to wear?”

“It’s too sophisticated. You need to get a man’s attention! Your boobs look great and look… you have an ass!”

Sophie laughed at that. It was true and it was funny her friend noticed it too.

“Well are you ready?” Sophie asked Arianna.

“I was born ready,” she winked.

**

Loud music played, but one could still hear the sound of pool being played. Two good looking guys were playing. One of them had midnight black hair that reached his shoulders, and black eyes matched his hair. His skin was dark like he was Middle Eastern and he had the biceps that girls loved to drool over. Sophie gave him one glance and she knew he was the type who knew he was good-looking and used it to his advantage. The guy’s friend looked over in their direction and shoved his friend a bit to get his attention and then pointed to them with his chin.

Sophie met the black eyes of the stranger, and she let out a shaky breath. She hadn’t been this nervous since she met Brian. It had truly been a long time since she dated anyone. Sophie was in love with Brian since she was sixteen years old. Sophie looked away because she couldn’t hold on the stare the man was giving her.

“Ooh!” Arianna elbowed Sophie. “You got that hottie’s attention. And now to go the bar and ignore him so he can come to you.”

“Shouldn’t I go over and introduce myself?” Sophie was dragged by her friend to the bar.

“No way! If he wants you, he’ll come to you and any other guy will to,” Arianna sat on the stool and waved at the bartender. Sophie took a seat next to her and then she could feel the butterflies in her stomach flutter. She had gone to bars before, but not as a single woman. This would be the first time… ever.

“So have you and Matt thought about tying the knot?” Sophie questioned her friend.

“No, not yet. We’re still young,” she shrugged. “If we make it to the age of 28 then I’ll tell him to show me a ring,” she laughed and Sophie followed along.

“Funny how Matt has changed your view on marriage. I thought my divorce would put you off even more.”

“It did at first,” Arianna confessed. “But we have to take risks in life. Now, no talking about the guys. We gotta get some drinks!”

“What can I get you lovely ladies?” the bartender winked at Arianna.

Sophie resisted laughing when her friend pushed her breasts together and feigned a thinking expression.

“What’s good?”

“Perhaps tequila,” the bartender offered.

“Hmm, no. I definitely don’t want to have a hangover tomorrow. We’ll have some Jaeger, double.”

“Coming right up.”

The bartender filled the glasses with Jaeger and then Arianna paid. Sophie lifted the drink and so did Arianna. They clicked their drinks and then took it. Sophie did know how to drink. She had to keep up because she lived on tour buses with rock star for months. The alcohol burned, but she was able to drink it down without coughing.

“Hell yes!” Arianna cheered.

“Whoo!” Sophie laughed.

They had two more drinks after that and then they decided to go to the small dancing area. The song that was one was definitely something they could dance too. There were other people dancing, but they were at the edge of the dance floor. It wasn’t a pop song because this bar did not play pop songs often. Sophie didn’t know the song, but it was very skin to skin kind of song. Arianna was close enough to Sophie that made male around them look at them with lustful eyes.

With the alcohol in her system, Sophie didn’t care who was looking. When she had drinks, she became bolder. She felt soft hands on her waist and then realized it was Arianna. She didn’t mind because it wasn’t the first time they have danced this close. Years of close friendship didn’t make them shy. They have gone through a lot together. Sophie had no doubt in her mind that Arianna was like a sister.

Three songs later, they had enough and they found a table where they could seat. It was actually a booth that looked over the bar. They got more drinks before they got to the booth. They weren’t in the booth five minutes before the guys from the pool table came over to them.

Sophie saw the guy from before. He smiled at her, and then he sat next to her in the booth. The other guy sat on Arianna’s side.

“Why are you beautiful ladies lonely tonight?” the guy next to Arianna asked them his eyes solely on her breasts.

Sophie wanted to punch the guy for staring at her friend like a piece of meat. At least the guy next to her was looking at her eyes.

“I’m Abram,” he introduced himself and held out his hand. Sophie took it and said her name. He repeated it with a bigger smile. “Beautiful name.”

“Thanks,” she cleared her throat.

“I’m Will,” he had light brown hair that was short and styled back. He had that greaser look to him, but a bit more modern. The leather jacket helped his image. “And you are?” he turned to Arianna.

“Not available, but my friend is,” she said and pointed to Sophie. “So I am going to the ladies room. Why don’t you guys make her feel more comfortable?” She shooed the other guy and he got out and she did too. She went to the restroom and Will left because he wanted Arianna.

Sophie was left alone with Abram.

“Are you from Los Angeles?” he asked and placed his arms on the table. He was close, but not too close.

“No, I’m from Huntington Beach originally,” she answered and felt even more nervous than before. He was really handsome, and he was nice too. She misjudged him.

“I’ve gone down there a few times. I love it!” he laughed. “Why move here?”

“Work,” she shrugged. “And uh…” she felt the drinks come back but she swallowed. “Look, my friend lied. I’m not available… I’m married.”

Abram frowned. “I don’t see a ring.” He pointed to her tan line.

“That’s because I took it off. You see… I—uh… had a fight with my husband… and did this to get back at him. Now I realize it’s stupid and I should go home.” She went around the booth so she wouldn’t have to ask him to move. “I’m sorry… I’m just…” she looked at him again and saw the disappointed, but he tried to mask it with that enchanting smile. “I’m not….” She wasn’t ready. She wasn’t ready to move on from Brian. She hated her ex-husband so much right now. She scrambled away. She felt sick now. Everything in her stomach wanted to come up.

Sophie bumped into someone and realized it was Arianna.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” she asked concerned.

“I don’t feel good,” Sophie groaned. “We should go home.”

“Why? Abram was so into you!” Arianna argued. “His friend is a perv, but I’ll handle him. Go back to Abram.”

“I told him I was married, Ari,” Sophie moaned.

“What?! Why? Ugh, Sophie! You’re supposed to get some tonight. Abram was fucking hot.”

“I’m just not ready, Arianna,” Sophie felt her eyes water with tears. “I’m still in love with Brian after all this time. He has been everything to me. I can’t just let another man touch me. I’m just not ready!”

Sophie hoped her friend would get it. Arianna sighed in defeat. The last thing she wanted to do was push Sophie to do something she wasn’t ready to do.

“All right… we gotta call Jimmy to pick us up though. I don’t think either of us should drive. I just threw up in the bathroom.”

The girls walked outside of the bar. Arianna took out her phone. She had Jimmy on speed dial. She hoped her words weren’t slurred. After a few rings, the bastard answered.

“Hey, Ari, what up?” he asked and sounded like he was eating something. Possibly chips by the crunchiness.

“Uh, awesome… Sophie and I are at a bar… drunk… so come get us back to her place? We can’t drink and drive apparently it’s against the law.”

“You and Sophie are drunk at a bar… alone?” Jimmy said.

“SHE’S WHAT?!” a familiar voice yelled.

Arianna winced. She recognized the voice. It was her boyfriend and he sounded really pissed off. She would have to explain it was all for Sophie and she hoped he would understand. She didn’t flirt with anyone. She didn’t talk to anyone too. There was some noise and then hard breathing.

“Tell me exactly where you are,” Matt all but growled.

Sophie wanted to feel bad for her friend, but her stomach was churning. Maybe she drank too much too fast and the dancing probably didn’t help. The volume on Arianna’s phone was loud so Sophie heard as Matt promised that he was going to spank Arianna’s ass until she couldn’t sit properly. Then he threatened to withhold sex from her, but Sophie knew he wouldn’t keep that promise. Then he said they were on their way to pick them.

“Think he’s mad?” Arianna asked with a sly smile.

Sophie shook her head. “He’s going to spank you?”

“He loves to spank me,” she smirked.

“You need a spanking too. Brian has moved on, and you need to too. I know it’s not today, but it should happen. I don’t want you to be alone. You deserve so much happiness!”

“I know I do… I should tell him!” Sophie took out her phone.

“WHAT? No! Wait… go ahead, call him!”

Sophie called Brian and she waited for him to answer. She clearly wasn’t thinking. Amanda could possibly answer and then she would be a fool, but luckily Brian answered.

“Hello?” he sounded like he had been asleep. She knew he had been asleep because he recognized his tone. “Sophie?”

Arianna suddenly snatched the phone away from Sophie’s hands. “Who the fuck is this?” she said in a deep “male” voice.

“Who the fuck is this?” Brian repeated.

“This is the guy that got lucky enough to fuck Sophie. I guess we called you accidently as made out on her couch, sorry bro,” Arianna actually sounded like a guy or maybe Sophie was too drunk to tell the difference. Arianna hung up. “I hope it fucking eats him up that you’re getting fucked.”

“By you?” Sophie laughed.

“I’m great in bed, honey,” Arianna winked. “Oh shit… he’s calling back!”

“Who?!”

“Brian, who else!?” Arianna yelled. “You answer… and say ‘hey I’m busy call me later’ and then hang up!”

Sophie got back her phone and then answered.

“Hello?” she sounded cool and collected.

“Uh… are you okay?” Brian whispered.

“I’m great. Yeah sorry about butt dialing but… Abram just wouldn’t stop kissing that spot in my neck that makes me squirm… you know where, right?”

“Yeah,” he said tightly and through gritted teeth. “Look, it’s none of my business—“

“It really isn’t, so I’m going to let you go and get back to our—I mean your bed,” Sophie caught on her mistake quickly and tried to play it cool. “I’ll have someone to warm my bed as well.”

“You sound drunk. Are you drunk?! Fucking hell, Sophie! Are you with someone you barely met? It’s not like you.”

“Of course it isn’t like me,” She snapped. “You fucked me over and now I have to do this! Why don’t you leave me the fuck alone so I can have a happy ending as well? Good fucking night, Brian.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Arianna's Dress

Sophie's Dress