Status: updates once a week :)

Never Yours

one

Present
“Damn car, why won’t you work?” I jammed the keys inside my second-hand Nissan once more hoping that the car wouldn’t be bipolar on me but I raised my hopes up too much. Guess my hard-earned money from waiting tables didn’t pay off right now when I bought this car just last week. I hit my head on the steering wheel not purposely and silently cursed myself for not being prepared with this kind of situation.

Options were flowing in my mind on what to do right now. The repair shop was only about a 5-minute walk from here but who knows how long it would take to fix it. Riding the bus wouldn’t be such a problem, only if there wasn’t traffic on the way. The last option I had was to walk. And it would take me 30 minutes if I walked fast enough. Apparently time wasn’t on my side right now.

Time to walk.

____

I was already panting the first 15 minutes. The next thing I knew, when I arrived in the campus I couldn’t breathe. Technically I wasn’t an athletic person. I wasn’t one to begin with anyway. I looked at my watch and I was already 10 minutes late for my first class, I began walking first to the classroom to get enough air in my lungs and then I fastened my pace. When I opened the door, Mrs. Weather was staring at me along with a few more students in her class.

“Ms. Jones, I’m surprised you still came even if you are already late.”

“Very sorry Mrs. Weather, it won’t happen again. I’ll make sure of it.” I was hoping very well that I wouldn’t have to be lectured by my professor but clearly she wasn’t the person who I’d put my hopes and expectations into.

“I hope you are very well familiar that when I say if this happens again, I won’t let you off the hook.”

“Yes, ma’m.”

“Very well then,” she said. “Take the last available seat, I won’t waste my time in this class just to find out in the end I only lectured you.”

I hurried to the last seat available as quietly as I could and apparently it didn’t work. Whether I was quiet or not I felt like so many eyes were focused on me. I clearly grabbed everyone’s attention now.

“Okay class,” Mrs. Weather said. “Let us now discuss..”

___

When Mrs. Weather dismissed us, I aimed straight for the door already to get out because I could still feel my professor glaring at me. As I went out, I looked behind me to see if I was right about her staring at me, and she was. I was too focused on her stare that I didn’t know I bumped into a stranger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Very sorry if it's not up to par, let me know if there's anything you guys want here.