Status: In Progress!

How I Met Your Father

Four

So, what happened during the storm?" Monique asked.

"I'm getting there, be patient." Jack smiled at his daughter.


September 15, 2004 continued

"Hey, Lisa," Jack greeted the small girl at her locker between classes.

"Hi, Jackalope," she smiled at him.

"Do you, uh, maybe, wannagotothemovies?" Jack spoke quickly, wanting to get it out.

"What?" Lisa stared at him.

"Um, do you want to go to the movies? With me?" Jack scratched the back of his neck.

"Of course!" she said, a huge smile on her face. Jack sighed in relief that she said yes, a smile on his lips.

"Great. I'll pick you up at seven?"

"Sounds good," Lisa kissed Jack on the cheek and walked to her next class.

Jack couldn't help the smile on his face.

The rest of the day passed slowly for Jack, it was cloudy all day and it was bringing his mood down a bit. Lunch was quiet between the small group they made. It consisted of Jack, Alex, Lisa, Rian, and Rian's current girlfriend, Kara.

Jack, Alex and Lisa walked to their next class and took their respective seats, Lisa towards the front, Jack and Alex at the back.

Throughout the class Jack would try and annoy Alex by poking his ribs or kicking his leg under the table, Alex would fight back. Then they would giggle.

"Gaskarth, Barakat, detention, after school," Mrs. Swan scolded from the front of the room.

There was a chorus of "Oooh's" and a little bit of snickers from the surrounding students, Lisa has a smirk on her face when she turned to look at them.

The bell rang and Alex rushed out of the room. Lisa was waiting for Jack in the hall and they walked to their next class.

"So, do you want me to pick you up from the school?" Lisa smirked and looked at Jack.

To be honest, Jack was a little embarassed. "Sure," he mumbled.

Detention came quickly and Jack and Alex sat at the front of the room, silent for the most part. It wasn't until Mrs. Swan left the room they decided to talk.

"I hate you," Alex spoke, turning and glaring at Jack.

"Why?" Jack was hurt, he wanted to be friends with Alex.

"Because you got me in trouble!" Alex exclaimed as a loud clap of thunder sounded outside, making both of the boys jump in the seats.

"Well, I was just making class interesting!" Jack defended, noticing Alex looked a little nervous.

"Y-yeah, well, don't," Alex faced the front of the room, crossing his arms over his chest and has a small pout. The rain pounded down harder on the window outside, followed by loud thunks on the window.

Alex would jump a little at every clash of thunder. Jack was watching him intently for a few minutes.

"You're scared of storms," Jack spoke, more as a statement than question.

Alex was silent until thunder sounded again, confirming Jack's suspicion. Alex looked at Jack with a pitiful look. Jack would've laughed, but he didn't want to piss off Alex anymore than he had.

"Want me to hold your hand?" Jack teased, he didn't expect Alex to practically rape his hand.

Jack couldn't help but notice how their hands fit perfectly together. Like two puzzle pieces. He didn't think anything of it. Alex quickly let go as the door opened and Mrs. Swan came back in the room and dismissed them. They practically ran out of the classroom towards the front of the school.

Jack pulled out his phone and dialed Lisa's number.

"Hey, are you here?" Jack asked, looking out the glass windows in the parking lot.

"My parents won't let me leave until the storm passes a bit," Lisa spoke, frustrated.

"Okay, I'll call May and have her pick me up. Then I'll come get you," Jack said with a smile.

"Alright, bye Jack," Lisa said and hung up the phone.

Alex was sitting against the wall with his knees tucked up to his chest. Jack sat next to him awkwardly.

"So, detention wasn't so bad, was it?" Jack asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Just shut up," Alex said, his voice shaking.

Jack sighed and rubbed Alex's back while they waited for May to pick Jack up.

"So, what is your type, Alex?" Jack asked. "Lisa has been trying to find girls you would be good with."

"Tall, brown hair, skinny," Alex spoke.

"There's Taylor and Cassadee. From history. And Jasey Rae, Kara's cousin. They all have brown hair and skinny. I'm so sure about tall."

"I really don't want to be in a relationship right now. Okay?"

"Fine. But I think you should at least give one of them a chance."

The rain settled down and May's car pulled up out front. Jack stood up and pushed the door open.

"Do you need a ride?"

"If you don't mind. I don't wanna walk home."

Jack didn't realize that just these little friendly gestures was the start of something amazing.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go...............

Comments are nice


c4rlyecho
sanneatlninja
reeeeeannon
catribecome
Beckaay!
Stella-g1rl
<3