Status: IN PROGRESS

Hidden To Everyone

Six.

The news had called it a whole manner of things; a coincidence, fate and if they were feeling truely dramatic, destiny.

It was more like a curse, and that was the truth but noone else could really see it for what it actually had been.

The day Daisy had chosen to visit Sam, the first time in three years, had been the day that Sam had decided to escape.

It hadnt been difficult at all, Isaac had smuggled in an ornate hunting knife with razor sharp blade and it had been easier than counting to three to murder his way out of the super max prison.

Nine dead bodies and one tripped alarm system later saw Sam sprinting across the prision car park being chased by what seemed to be the entire security force with a complete arsenal.
Samuel was giggling, high on adreneline and the thought of seeing Daisy's beautiful face.

The sight of an extremely familiar black jeep pulling into the car park had Sam's heart stopping in his chest before it actually exploded as the door opened to reveal the most perfect, breathtaking sight he'd ever seen. Daisy.

He had to be hallucinating, there was no way this could be happening.

"DAISY!!"

Bright blue eyes find his from 200ft, her smile is like a meteor across a jet black sky.

150ft

100ft

"SAMUEL!?"
Daisy's voice is like heaven and Sam wants to forever be there.

50ft

10ft

They collide like a ship on the rocks, effectivly destorying eachother completely as their skin touches for the first time in what feels like a life time and the world stops spinning for one glorious moment.

There's nothing but bruised lips and laboured breathing and the feeling of yes-this-is-what-ive-been-missing-this-is-what-being-alive-feels-like.

Its impossible to tell who's more damaged, the one with hands smeared with blood clutching at a knife with the same intensity he holds his beloved or the innocent girl who has been corrupted, brain washed, completely rewritten and all the happier for it.

Reality crashes down like thunder striking the desert floor as a bullet wizzes through the air, slamming into Sams shoulder from behind, arching his back, jolting his whole body forcing the blade through the soft golden skin of Daisy's stomach, through flesh and sinew, piercing any organs it reached on its way.

The scream that tears itself from Sams throat makes the hair stand up on the officers arms. Its feral and broken. Inhuman.

Its the begining of the end.

xXx

Daisy sortof always knew it would end like this. They had always been destined to destroy eachother.

It was like some sort of twisted poetry that ended exactly as it had been written, the perfect final curtain.

She can imagen the headlines in her head, 'Tragic Modern Day Romeo And Juliet'.
With a bloody twist.
Such a grusome twist.

The knife sticks awkwardly out of her flat belly and she knows enough about medicine to know that abdominal wounds are notoriously dangerous.
Theres more blood than she's ever seen before, staining her skin and dying her orange Tshirt crimson, and thats really saying something.

Sam's arms are tight around Daisy's waist, one above her wound and the other below, his hands are sticky with blood and theyre shaking, pulling her to his chest whispering everything he's ever wanted to say before they run out of time.

Daisy wants to tell him that its okay, she's almost free but she cant find her voice with all the blood in her lungs.
She wants to tell him that she's already made peace with dying even if it isnt quite how she planned it, lying on the gravel in the middle of a prison car park with Samuel's hand around the hilt of the knife as it dove into her stomach like a bird's beak through water.

Daisy had always known Sam would be the death of her.
Maybe not her physical death but she knew theyd be eachother's demises.
After all she had already been his.

"Oh my god Daisy I'm so sorry! I never ment to! Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit! Dont leave me, you cant leave me! I'll tear this world apart! Stay with me Daisy Chain, stay right here with me. I love you, i love you so, so much..."

Daisy smiles and her mouth is full of blood, she can feel it trickle out over her lip and down her chin.

"Its okay baby," she wants to say, "I'm fine now, I'll always be here with you, I love you too."

She knows Samuel knows, how could he not?

Daisy's so far gone she barely notices the circle of twenty police men, pointing their guns and screaming at them, at Sam.

She was sure they were there a minute ago, the force of their bullets to Sams shoulder had caused his hand to slip, had sent the blade into Daisy's stomach, she was almost sure of it but now, now everything was hot and blurry, like the whole world had become a sauna and her eyes, the windows, were steaming up from the inside out.

Three skull shatteringly loud bangs sound from somewhere far away and then there's a soft, moist pressure on her cheek that makes her think of Samuels lips on Sunday mornings and then it starts to rain, triggered by one final bang. The support at her back collapses and Daisy goes with it, she's cold now, cold and sticky and there's someone calling her name but she's just too tired to care. The darkness is calling her too and she's pretty sure Sam is waiting for her so that's where she'll go, where she'll always go.

Cerulean eyes flutter closed for the last time and finally there's peace.

xXx

All four bullets hit their marks.

Three embedded in the policemen who shot Sam, made him hurt Daisy. They crumble instantly, dead before they even hit the floor.

Sam cant stop the tears as he takes in Daisys battered and bloody form.

Soothing pink lips wet with salty tears press to the sun kissed skin of Daisy's cheek.

The muzzle of his gun it resting against his temple.

And with nothing but his foolish hope to comfort him, he pulls the trigger.

Maybe they'd meet on the other side, but Sam doubts an Angel like Daisy will end up where he will.

He hopes anyway, its all he has left.

Finally he fades away with Daisy's comforting weight in his arms and her coy, shy smile in his mind.

xXx

Its a tragedy, the papers say.

They were so young, held so much potential.

Such a waste.

A real shame.

A modern day Romeo and Juliet.

The whole nation has a sorrowed filled comment on the subject.

Isaac knows better though, he smiles softly as he folds up his newspaper that has his baby brothers photo printed on the front page and takes a sip of his whiskey.

His little brother has been freed, his curse lifted, his ankles unshakled.

Its not a tragedy but a blessing.

The universe had been kind, it had brought Little Daisy Chain to him in his final moments.
Destiny had helped them survive, to live, if only for one eternal minute.

Isaac stands and crosses the room, throwing the paper into the already burning fire along with a hidden letter and watched the pages curl and blacken.

Not all who are cursed have been so lucky.

The thought warms his otherwise icy heart.

"Goodbye little brother, keep Daisy happy."

xXx Le Fini! xXx
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading! !:) xx