Status: Comments make us happy!!!! =]

Someone to Call My Own

Another Year Gone

~~~~ David’s POV ~~~~


I sat staring at the ceiling of my room. My new bedroom used to be Sage’s. But ever since he moved out to live with Peter in a small apartment by their college I moved into his room. It was bigger and had the bathroom attached. I also liked how it seemed a little bit more private. Sage’s dad had gotten a more permanent position here for his work so he could be closer to Sage. He also said he would stay in the area in case I still didn’t want to go home.

And I don’t…

Back home I was picked on and made fun of for being a little more sensitive than the other guys. I was also into writing and music instead of sports. Everyone was always giving me a hard time which is part of the reason I ran away to come live with Sage. I had found his address in my mom’s purse the night after everything blew up, packed up and used my allowance I had saved up to pay for the bus ticket.

Living with Sage had been awesome and I was glad to have had the majority of the summer with him before he had to move out to go to school. He was doing awesome in his photography classes and had just had some of his photographs displayed in the school art show. He was even being asked if he wanted to have some of his photographs shown in Philadelphia for one of those first Friday open free galleries or something.

Sage was doing awesome in life and I was just barely making it through high school. The only people I knew after I had started going to school were Sage, Peter, Casey, Andrew, and Samson. I didn’t talk to Andrew after he had cheated on me though although I still talk to Casey on occasion but she’s a couple states over going to school.

I see Sage and Peter when I can.

In fact they’re coming home for the summer. Sage misses his dad and me while Peter misses his mom. It will be awesome to see them both again. I’m excited to be able to spend some time with my brother. I had grown up wishing for someone to play with or even just to talk to so when I found out about Sage I was ecstatic to see him and was so happy he liked me. Sage and I were pretty close now so it’s been hard not having him across the hall from me. But living with his dad is far better than living with my parents. My dad comes to see me every now and then but mom refuses to come.

So for this past Christmas I went home for break to see them. She doted on me hand and foot and refused to talk about what had happened with me and the guy I had been dating. My dad sat me down and talked to me about it. He didn’t have a problem with it now or anything. It had just been a lot at the time I had come out to them. My dad listens to me more now instead of just assuming like he did.

He even signed the form for me to get my snakebites for Christmas. My mom almost fainted when she saw them but I had paid for them myself and it was something I really wanted. I was growing up and I wanted to do things for me and not for anyone else.

I had a couple friends now in my honors classes but that was it, because mainly I would keep to myself. I tended to stay in my room listening to music and writing. There were notebooks full of things I had written along with binders full of papers I had printed out. My room was full of books and music so it was like Sage was here with me. This room had been filled with music, books, and movies when Sage had lived here. Now it just held books, music, and whatever I had written.

No one really saw what I wrote except for one person who I talked to a lot.

And his name is Samson.

Samson and I first met after Andrew had cheated on me. At our first meeting I found out Andrew had cheated on Samson after they had been together for a long time, causing Samson to take a downward spiral. He had ended up in an institution after attempting suicide. He’s all better now to a degree which makes me happy, because I like talking to him.

We talk a lot on the phone, on our computers, we text each other, and we even video chat sometimes. We haven’t really talked lately though, because I was really busy with the school year wrapping up and he was busy with whatever it was he was doing at that moment. But I haven’t seen him since we both said goodbye to Sage and Peter.

I missed him a lot though and I really missed talking to him. Somehow after talking to him I felt a lot better about everything. He’s read a lot of what I’ve written and I even sent him letters and stories I’ve written. He loves reading what I’ve come up with and he tells me I have so much talent. He’s told me I could write a novel now if I really wanted to but I don’t know.

That just seems too complicated

I sighed heavily and pulled my pillow over and held onto it against my chest. It’s been months since I’ve seen him in person or even over video chat. He doesn’t know I have my snakebites although I’ve switched the rings out for balls.

I’ve also written a lot about him. I have a notebook or two filled with poems and short stories that I’ve written about him, our conversations, stories he’s told me, or things I wish could happen. Being with Samson as more than just a friend would be amazing but I doubt it would ever happen.

I doubt he likes me anyway…

My phone beeped earning my attention. I grabbed it and slid my finger across the screen to unlock it so I could read the text I had just received from Sage.

’Be there soon bro! Just leaving from picking up Samson! Can’t wait to see you!’

My heart started to speed up then. Sage had told me that Samson might be coming with Peter and him to visit for the summer but it was never set in stone, at least not to me.

I jumped up from my bed and ran to the bathroom to double check how I looked, running my hands through my longer black hair in an attempt to get it to lay flatter. I quickly brushed my teeth and made sure my snakebites looked okay before putting more cologne crap on.

Glancing at the time I started to pace around my room before collapsing onto my bed and grabbing my pillow again.

I was excited to be seeing Sage and Peter but I was even more excited and nervous to be seeing Samson again. It felt like it’d been forever since I’d seen him and my heart was beating fast along with the butterflies in my stomach flapping away at full speed.

Samson was really coming along for the summer! He was really coming to see me too!

Why am I so nervous though?

Suddenly I heard the horn honk and a car pull into the driveway.

I jumped up from my bed and looked out the window to see Sage parking in the driveway.

I flew out of my room and down the stairs while yelling out to Sage’s dad, “THEY’RE HERE!”

Flinging the door open, I ran out and towards Sage who had just gotten out of the car. He held out his arms to catch me when I flung myself at him.

“YOU’RE HERE!”

“Haha I know! Would have been here sooner if Peter hadn’t taken so long to get ready this morning!”

“SAGE!”

I laughed at my brother and his boyfriend before pulling away so I could hug Peter who was eagerly waiting to hug me too. When we had pulled away Peter looked at me and frowned.

“No fair you’re taller than me!”

Sage and I only laughed.

“You should be used to being short Peter. You are the runt in the family”

My heart skipped a couple beats and my body even went stiff for a few seconds at the sound of his sweet voice.

Slowly I turned and saw Samson standing next to the car with a backpack slung over his shoulder.

“Hey David”

I took a deep breath, “Hi Samson”
♠ ♠ ♠
OH SNAP!!!!! A SEQUEL!!!!

HIIIIIIIIIIIII *waves frantically*

Soooo here is chapter one for the lovely Sequel that Haylie and I have started!!! Hopefully you've already read the prequel which i would post a link for but i'm too lazy to do that at the moment. there's a link at the top of the page anyway. soooo this is the sequel which is David and Samson's story pretty much. I'll be doing every other chapter in David's POV while Haylie is writing every other chapter in Samson's POV. So basicly i'm writing for David and she's writing for Samson. And it looks like i will have the odd numbered chapters and she'll have the even like last time. She should have her chapter up by the end of the weekend or so. You should all go and check out our other stories too!!!! Also the character page is up and running and hopefully the story layout is readable and stuff. any issues with it just let me know and i'll fix it since I designed it and everything. hehe ^_^ Hope you all enjoy!!!! We're VERY excited for this new story!!!!

Thank you to everyone who read the prequel: Happiness if the Key to Life !!!!
And thanks to the 2 subscribers we have so far!!!!
and special kudos and a shout out to our first commentor: LiveInColor !!!!!!!!!!!
*hugs* I lurves you!!!!!!!