Alligator Eyes

Prologue

Image

The gossip had spread like wildfire in this pathetic little town and in just three short months, I had become the highlight of it. I’d gone from the most awkward, quiet, freak, to the most talked about person in the whole high school. Everyone had completely forgotten about how Amy Henderson had a terrible period leak through her white jeans a few months ago, and were now fixated on talking about the round bump that was forming in my mid section. At first it wasn’t completely bad. The whispers seemed kind of cool; nobody ever looked at me before when I walked down the halls of school. I was finally being noticed. It only took a few days however, for their whispers to get louder, and for me to hear exactly what they had to say.

”She’s a whore, she sleeps around, she’s disgusting, and she obviously is never going to have a life because she just auctioned it off by getting pregnant with that loser that doesn’t even have a job!”

“They’re kids having kids!”

“That baby is going to be nothing but messed up because they’re both messed up.”

“ I just feel bad for the child because it’s being brought into a terrible situation.”

“I know! Her parents aren’t even together, and I’m pretty sure her and that weird kid that knocked her up aren’t even together anymore.”


In middle school they tell you to chant sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. Man did they ever set me up for disappointment because I can’t remember the last time that words didn’t hurt worse than being hurt with sticks and stones.

My name is Macy, I’m sixteen, and completely, and utterly, pregnant.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure how I feel about this one... it was a very brief introduction. Let me know in the comments what you think so far. c: