Until the End

4

(Emma’s POV)

That was my key to leave, and I really needed it. I was feeling a little dirty because I didn’t have a shower since yesterday morning and I spent my last night in a hospital. As I was leaving, that woman gave me a menacing look and I roll my eyes toward her. C’mon bitch you don’t give me that look! I know you’re his girlfriend, but please, where were you when he was in danger. Oh, right you were bothered with yourself! As always, I didn’t said that out loud.

“Well, goodbye Brian, You have now someone else to stay here with you. Please be safe!” I advised him, and he gave me a little smile.

“Yeah, you should leave1.”

Grabbed my camera and left the room. That tense mood was making me sick. Then I realized. I had no money with me, no battery on my phone, no car… How was I supposed to go home? I was almost sure that near the hospital there was a bus station, but still, how was I supposed to pay for it? Oh great, just what I needed…

“Hey, are you leaving?” I saw Matt with two cups of coffee in his hands coming towards me.

“I guess so, I really need to take a shower, and Brian as now company, so…”

“Company?”
He raised an eyebrow, confused.

“It’s Michele, I think, at least he called her like that!” he handed me the coffee and I took a sip.

“Oh, then he’ll be fine!” he smile a little and took a sip of his coffee “Do you need ride home?”

“Really, you don’t mind? I was thinking that I could take the bus, I think tha-”

“Don’t even think about that! I’ll take you home, no arguing about it!”
he cut me off and we left the hospital towards his car. I gave him the directions and in less than 15 minutes we arrive at my home.

“I should go.” I opened the door and went out.

“Hey, do you wanna come to the hospital latter, with me and Val? We can give you ride if you want…”

“I don’t know…”
Should I go? If he was asking me, than it would be ok.

“Come, you’re more than welcome. I’ll pick you up at 3 pm.”

We said our goodbyes and I got inside and went straight to the bathroom, quickly followed by Luna, shaking her tail happily. I pet her, but I was wishing for some water on my body. The hot water relaxed me and I was ready in less than 5 minutes. I put some clothes on and went down stairs, with my stomach growling. Since it was Friday, Elli only worked until noon, so I cooked us some pasta with chicken. As usual, I turned my iPod on, searching for the file I was lookin for. Yeah, I should definitely listen to some Avenged Sevenfold! I smiled at that idea. As the music was playing, I punished myself mentally for stopping listening to them a few years ago. Once I started listening to "Scream", another voice began to sing it too and I knew that Elli had already arrived. Only she could sing like that!

“You’re back!” I said, not moving my gaze from the chicken I was cooking.

“Yes, I am. What’s with Avenged, you had a sudden need to return to the past?” She said in a laugh.

“You’ll never believe it!” I sat on the table and told her everything while we ate. His face turned scared, happy, and angry, as I told her everything that happened. The beach incident, why I didn’t sleep at home last night…

“Yeah, you should definitely go, I mean, it’s fucking Avenged Sevenfold!”

“Oh stop it, Brian is in the Hospital, it’s serious.”

“I didn’t say it wasn’t serious, but it’s not every day that you’ve a chance to sleep in the same room as M. Shadows or Synyster Gates.”
She was smiling like a little kid.

“You’re such a pervert little girl!” I said, putting my tongue out. She smirked and went upstairs, probably to take a shower.

I grabbed my camera and linked it to my pc, to take a look at my last shoots and to pass the time until 3 pm. Luna seat next to me and placed her head in my lap. As I passed by the photos, Luna barked at the one were Brian was with his arms all open on top of the rock.

“Yeah, I know, he’s crazy!” I said smiling and pet her on her head.

“Who’s crazy?” I turned the pc to Elli and I swear her chin went right to the ground. “That’s so beautiful, Oh my God!”

“I know, right? I was mesmerized by this. Then he had to jump… That was so fucking stupid, I still don’t know why he did that!”

“You can still talk to him today…”

“Oh yeah, because nothing is better than talk about this in a hospital… it’s too weird!”

“You’re too weird!”
Elli say in the couch and the doorbell rang, so I stood up. The so typical saved by the bell.

A smiling Matt was right outside the door “Hi. You ready?”

“Yeah, let me just grab my bag…”
I shouted a Bye to Elli and went out to Matt’s car. A smiling woman was on the seat next to him.

[]b]“Hi” I said, greeting her.

“Hi! I’m Val, it’s nice to meet you!” I shake his hand. “I’m sorry for this but when we get out the car I’m gonna hug you” She said looking through the rearview mirror.

“That’s ok, you don’t need to!” I smiled timidly.

“Of course I need, you saved one of my best friend’s life, and I wanna thank you!”

“Stop, you’re making me blush!”
I said as I took my hands to my face, hiding my red cheek.

“Oh, sorry!” she said trying to stifle a laugh

“I’m joking!” I said, bursting out laughing “But it’s true I’ll admit it, I blush very easily.”

We arrive at the hospital in a blink of an eye and Val hugged me tightly, whispering a ”thank you” in my ear and I tighten he hug.

-----

“Did the doctor said anything to you about me leaving this piece of boring white walls? He sighed in frustration ”This is so annoying, I can’t even pee without telling everyone where I’m going!”

“Oh poor little Brian! Wait here, I’m gonna find you a doctor”
I went out and looked for a doctor, that quickly said that he could leave today, after some routine exams. As I went to tell Brian, I heard a new voice, and decided not to enter. But I did something bad, I stayed outside, trying to listen something. Don’t blame me, blame my curiosity!

“How are you?” he said to that someone.

“Brian, don’t start with that, we need to talk” By the sound of the voice I could swear it was Michele. I didn’t hear any answer from Brian, but I could definitely ear Michele speaking.

“Yeah, Brian we need to talk! I can’t take this anymore. I’m not ready, you should have known. I’ve always told you that!”



“Brian, you’re not listening to me. I didn’t said that I was gonna accept it, and you know why!”



“Please, Brian, don’t make this even harder for me. The last months were a complete torture, and I think I had enough. I’m leaving”
my heart stopped. How did she could do something like that to him? She truly was being selfish. Now more than never he needed her.

“What do you think? I’m leaving for real, Brian!”



“I’m going to New York, I had a job offer. I’m gonna say yes, so please don’t try to stop me. And I might stay there for some more time! Goodbye.”



“Goodbye Brian!”
I move way quickly, not to be caught and saw Michele leaving with her gaze on the floor. Now I didn’t know what to do. If I went in, I couldn’t lie and come with a smiling face, but I couldn’t leave Brian alone. I should definitely come in.

“Hey…” I said trying to smile.

“What?!” His tone was rude and his eyes were full of rage

“Is everything ok?” of course everything was not ok, you stupid! Sometimes I think I should kick my ass mentally for saying some stupid thing at the wrong time. ”I saw Michelle leaving, why?” the curiosity was bigger than my sense of shame and I had to ask him that.

“Please just leave me the fuck alone, ok? I need to think, please stay out! he said as he sat up on the bed and turned his back on me. He pressed his temples and let out a frustrated sight.

“Brian..”

“Just leave already! I saw his fist travelling to whatever was in his bedside table and smashing it into the wall.

“I’m leaving, but I’ll seat outside, so if you need something…”

“JUST GO!”


(Brian’s POV)

I didn’t know what to think, or how to feel. Everything was falling apart, and I was being dragged into a black hole. My life was a living hell right now and I had no clue how to turn it right. I looked around and saw the little red velvet box that was on the bed. Opened it up and saw the ring that weeks ago I had bought for Michelle.

“Are you sure that she would like it?”

“Trust me, Brian. After all, I’m her twin, remember?”

“I just… I just think that now is the right time to do it. We need to support each other, and I really can´t think of a better way to do it”

“You don’t need to be nervous; she’s going to love it. They say that a diamond it’s a girl best friend.”


Val had supported me through all this time. She had truly been more than a best friend, if that is possible. She always said that I couldn’t be more nervous than Matt when he proposed, so it would be fine.

Oh fuck it! Michelle was gone… like really gone. I sit strait on the bed and rested my head on my knees.

(Val’s POV)

“What do you mean by leaving? Are you crazy?” I was beyond mad. I was pissed off. Truly and fully angry with my sister.

“Val, I’m leaving, period. I can’t take this anymore. Brian knew that I didn’t wanna any king of marriage, or anything else, but still he did it. He ruined everything.”

“I can’t believe that you’re saying this. Have you thought about Brian for even a sec? He’s in the hospital, for God’s sake!”


She was packing her stuff on a suit case and I was sit on her bed. She wasn’t even looking at me, but I could figure that his eyes showed any kind of expression. Not even pain, guild, sorrow… nothing!

“Matt is passing through a bad time too, we all are, but you don’t see me leaving him. I’m here ready to support him on everything that he needs. You need to be there for Brian too. C´mon Mich, you’re not like this!”

“Maybe I am Val, maybe I am… or at least I’m just confuse, or hurt, or something. I don’t know! I’m sick, I’m frustrated, I need to leave.”

“You’re being so selfish that I can’t even recognize you anymore!”

“Just leave, I need to pack my stuff!”
she pointed to the door, not even bothering on looking at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the late update :D
but, hey, here you have a new chapter, hope you like it!