‹ Prequel: The Best Mistake
Status: completed!

The Worst Choice

Your mother hates me.

I smiled softly as I stroked Nash’s bare back lightly. When he’d gotten to my house, he took a shower and then laid down, immediately taking a nap- and by nap I mean going on two hours of sleeping- and while I’d rather hang out with him while he’s awake, I understood his exhaustion. Jeremy had set him up at a job one of his friends owned, and it was landscaping work. He woke up at six in the morning, worked outside in heat all day and then got off between five and six in the evening.

Working around outside has also had its benefits- or that’s how I looked at it. Nash had gotten a lot tanner and more muscular (although I’m not too sure if he was working out as well, because I didn’t know if you could get that much muscle just from landscaping). As far as I knew, he had only been in two street fights since community service, so his injuries were kept at a minimum. And the minimum was by his father.

We had gotten in countless of arguments the past month or so over his living situation. He’d mainly just have bruises- which could easily be blamed on his job- but there were quite a few times he passed out because of the beating. He told me that it hadn’t happened recently, but I have a small feeling he’s just saying that so he doesn’t worry me.

“Mm, that feels good,” I heard him mumble.

I moved my hand away from him. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you up,” I said.

He reached his hand behind his back, blindly searching for something. When he found my hand, he grabbed it and set it on his back. “I said it felt good, that didn’t mean stop.”

I chuckled and started running my fingertips along his back again. “How long have you been awake?” I asked.

He turned his head to the other side, so he could look at me. “I’d just woken up when I said something,” he answered. “Have you been doing that for passed… however long I’ve been asleep?”

“Two hours,” I informed him. “And it’s been on and off. But I haven’t moved.”

“Oh,” he said. He laid on his side and grabbed my waist, pulling me closer to him. He stared into my eyes. “Sorry I’ve been so boring lately.”

“It’s fine, I completely understand,” I said, only half-lying. I did understand, but I’d be lying if I said him mainly sleeping when we spent time together didn’t bother me at all. “You have a really tiring job.”

“I know but- I feel bad,” he said, frowning slightly.

“Since when does Nash Carter actually feel bad for something?” I asked, in mock-surprise.

“Ha ha ha,” he laughed sarcastically, before dropping to a blank face. “You’re not funny.”

“Oh, but I’m hilarious,” I said, grinning widely. He stared at me a little longer, before he finally broke and smiled. “See?” I said in a sing-song voice. “You know it’s true.”

He chuckled, shaking his head. “You’re delusional,” he said.

“Clearly I am, if I’m dating you,” I teased, poking his nose.

“Hm,” he said, pursing his lips. “Nah, I don’t think that’s true.”

“I know it’s true.”

“Nope,” he said. “You’re dating me because I’m incredibly sexy. And undeniably charming.”

“Oh?”

“And I’m a great kisser,” he added.

I snorted. “Is that what you convince yourself?” I asked.

“No, it’s what you convince me.”

“I don’t recall ever thinking you’re a good kisser,” I told him. “In fact, you’re an awful kisser.”

“Then we should fix that with practice, yeah?” he asked, smirking slightly. He didn’t give me a chance to respond before his lips were on mine. I immediately kissed back, my fingers going straight to his hair as I tried to pull him closer. We haven’t had much alone time because he’s either asleep or there’s other people around.

He pulled me on top of him so I was straddling his waist. My hands left his hair and trailed down his torso lightly. I felt his muscles tighten as he kissed me harder. A knock on the door is what ruined the moment.

I frowned, climbing off Nash as I heard him curse under his breath. “Come in,” I called, trying to keep my voice normal.

My mom opened the door with narrowed eyes. “What have I told you about having the door closed?” she asked.

“Sorry, but Nash was sleeping and Alex had his TV up loud, laughing and screaming even louder,” I said.

“Rules are rules, Ashlyn. I don’t care about the circumstances, the door stays open,” she said sternly.

“Yes, mom. Okay,” I said, fighting the urge to roll my eyes.

“I think it’s time for Nash to go home anyhow,” she said. “It’s almost nine o’clock and you have school tomorrow. The both of you do, correct?”

“Yes ma’am,” Nash answered.

“Good,” she said. “You can drive him home, you’ve got 20 minutes to get back though.”

I groaned once my mom was out of the room. “My mother hates me,” I complained.

Nash laughed, standing up. “No, she hates me,” he corrected. He picked up his shirt off the floor and looked at it with a scrunched up face. “Hey, do I have any shirts here? This one’s kinda dirty…”

I chuckled. “Yeah, there’s a red one in the second drawer,” I said, pointing to my dresser.

He walked over to my dresser, pulling open the first drawer. My eyes widened when he pulled out my red bra. “And why aren’t you wearing this?” he asked me, smirking as he held it up.

I felt blood rush to my face as I got off the bed, snatching the bra from him and shoving it into the drawer. “I hate you,” I mumbled, opening the second drawer and shoving his shirt into his chest.

He laughed, pulling the shirt over his head. “No you don’t,” he said.

“Whatever,” I said, slipping on my shoes. “Are you ready to go? You need to get enough sleep for school tomorrow.”

He scoffed. “Did I ever mention to you how much I absolutely hate school?” he asked.

“Maybe once or twice…” I trailed, before grinning cheekily. “But I’ll be there, so you can live.”

He rolled his eyes and I saw he was trying not to smile. “Anyway, take me home before your mom comes back up here with a chainsaw,” he said.

I giggled. “Yeah, right,” I said. “Am I taking you home or to Levi’s?”

“I’m pretty sure you already know the answer to that.”

“But Nash, I really think-“ He cut me off my crushing his lips to mine. I sighed, kissing him back, even though I knew he was only doing this to avoid an argument.

“Okay, okay,” I said, pulling away. “I get your point.”

He smiled at me, lacing his fingers with mine. “Let’s go then,” he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this story is starting off with 3 recommendations, 15 comments and one hundred and seven motherfucking subscribers. When I first saw the last number, I refreshed and quadrupled checked the number. Oh my god you guys are great.

Also, I'm only on chapter 6 with this story right now, but with most of my ideas, it seems as if this story will focus more on Nash. Like... his POV alot, you know? Is that cool? Yeah? Good.

I would like to thank charlie smith, TrustInFearx, little daughter, Shadow14, Give me Therapy..., ImJustLaya, MerciPorLeVenin, pixie dusttt., o_., MoMo_92, StonerSilence, Cerullis_Creature, Rebel Love, zedsdeadbby and Sunshine Suicide for the amazing comments. You guys are great.

BTW, who knows what the ribbon thing on your profile means, and the number beside your username means? Anyone?