‹ Prequel: The Best Mistake
Status: completed!

The Worst Choice

Tonight...

Nash.

I kept my arm over my eyes, wanting to block out what I was hearing just as much as I wanted to hear it. Levi had finally made it home around eleven and his mom had been freaking out, a mixture between angry, worry and confusion. He kept insisting that he was okay and that he'd ran into a door after getting into an argument with Jas and just not thinking. This caused his mom to ask him if him and Jas were just arguing or 'physically arguing'. Levi denied it, obviously, since there wasn't even a real fight between him and Jas today in the first place. His mom dropped it but I wasn't sure if she fully bought it.

I'd gotten Levi dragged into something that was all my fault. He had nothing to do me taking the money and here he was, paying for my mistakes. And not only that, but now my dad is getting involved. He's getting involved with people who would kill me without a conscience if I don't get them their money. Nothing good can come from them talking and I have a really, really bad feeling that good isn't in their intentions.

Ashlyn.

I stared at the clock on the wall, anxiously counting down the seconds. Just another minute or so and it'll officially be the weekend and I won't have to deal with Colin or Kat- just me and Nash. He got off of work at noon and doesn't work until three tomorrow so he's staying the night at my house. Well, coming over until my mom kicks him out and then coming back through my window. Same difference.

I did a mental celebratory dance when I finally heard the final bell go off. I gathered all of my things and rushed out of the classroom, not really paying attention to where I was going and accidently bumped into someone. "I'm so- oh," I started, stopping when I saw who it was. I just turned and walked away in the other direction. School was over for the weekend and so was the drama.

"Ashlyn, wait!" Kat called. I stopped, closing my eyes as I sighed. "Can we please talk?" I opened my eyes and found her next to me, her eyes wide and pleading.

"Look, it's the weekend and I kind of was hoping that-"

"Then just hear me out, alright?" Kat interrupted. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that anything even happened between me and Colin in the first place. That was shitty of me to do because of how much you used to like him and everything and I'm just- I'm sorry. I really miss you and I don't think he should come between us. I swear I'll break up with him if that's what will get you to forgive me."

"Kat, listen to me, okay? Breathe." I watched her exhale, causing me to chuckle. "I really don't care. Colin is ancient history, especially with Nash in the picture now. I admit I overreacted to the whole thing- and don't get me wrong; it's still a little weird. Especially with everything that happened last summer- but we've been friends for years. It's childish to let Colin ruin our friendship."

Her eyes filled with hope as a smile crept onto her face. "So you're saying...?” she trailed.

"It's not my love life; I'm not going to control it. And we're okay," I confirmed. "But like I said, it's still weird so I'm going to need a little bit to get used to it."

"Thank you so much!" she said, hugging me.

I laughed, hugging her back. "How could I not forgive you with Jenn breathing down my neck about her stupid Halloween plans?" I joked.

She laughed. "Oh God, I don't even want to think about what matching costumes she's got lined up this year," she complained.

"It can't be worse than the year we were the Teletubies," I said, shivering slightly at the memory. "But hey, I have to pick Nash up soon. So I'll see you later?"

"Of course," she nodded, walking away.

I let out a big breath. "Now that that's over..." I mumbled, making my way through the crowd of people.

* * * *


I pulled into Levi's driveway, turning off the engine before hurrying up to the door, ringing the doorbell. Levi answered the door, rubbing his non-bruised eye tiredly. "What's up," he said, not really waiting for an answer before walking over to the couch, dropping his body on it.

Before I could reply, Nash appeared with his book bag over his shoulder. "Alright, let's go," he said, walking out of the door. I made my way to my car, Nash lingering behind for a moment. "Levi, I'm leaving. Let me know if anything else happens." I was too far to hear what Levi said, but Nash soon after shut the door and came to the car, opening the passenger door and throwing his bag in the back before getting in himself.

"What did you mean by 'if anything else happens'?" I asked, quoting him once I got in the car as well.

He shrugged. "Nothing, really. Just saying that in case anything important happens," he answered. He was clearly lying but I decided not to press any further.

"Okay," I said, nodding as I started the car. "Wait, what happened to his eye? I saw it was bruised pretty badly..."

Without warning, Nash's lips were pressed up against mine. It took me by surprise because it felt like one of the first few times we kissed. Not quite as angry, but with more behind it- demanding, maybe? I wasn't sure. But it was making my mind too hazy to think coherent thoughts, so I just stopped trying and kissed back. He brought his hand to my cheek, moving our lips together for a few more moments before pulling away slightly. I was breathless and he seemed pleased with this fact. "Ashlyn, I need you to do me a favor," he spoke quietly, his voice sounding way too sexy for a somewhat public place.

"Huh?" I breathed out.

The corner of his mouth turned up only slightly. "Tonight... we're going to forget about everything. About your problems, about mine... All questions are gonna be put on hold because I want to have a decent time with you, without all the bullshit going on, okay?"

I only nodded, liking the sound of that way too much to question anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
SAY WHAT YOU WIIIIILLLLLL, YOU KNOW IT ALL OR AT LEAST YOU THINK YOU DO! omfg, i love memphis may fire so much. you have no idea.

Thank you a tooooon kelly09, xoxo_aj_xoxo, Shadow14, wowfairy13, MoMo_92, MerciPorLeVenin, SpencerG, CourtneyTamaraa and MusicLover525 for the fantastic comments! You guys are so great bc you consistently comment and it's just great, okay. keep it up!

Totally normal transition in conversation here, but I have a Twitter and like no followers. It's got nothing to do with my stories so it's completely irrelevant, but if you wanna follow me, I won't yell at you for it, so click here, yes.