‹ Prequel: Daydreamer

Living Our Dreams

pr.

I chewed on my bottom lip as Tyler drove us to the University of Manitoba with his brand new rental. "You didn't have to come." I murmured nervously.

"It's fine." He shoulder checked as he made a left turn. "If I didn't come you'd be alone. Plus I want to cheer you on."

My brother ended up heading home. He said he'd tell the whole family about my plans for the Olympic team. I told him he didn't have to come, but if I did make the team then he'd have to attend. Hopefully my entire family will come, including Charlotte. Clayton has always wanted to visit London.

"How nervous were you during the NHL draft?" I leaned forward onto the dashboard, trying to calm my nerves.

"Kinda sucks since they're only taking eighteen, and I'm guessing there's gonna be tons of you." Tyler turned into the parking lot and found a spot off to the side since everything else was taken.

"Thanks, make me feel good about myself." I said sarcastically as I got out of the car.

I grabbed my bag from the backseat and went ahead into the building while Tyler locked the car. He quickly caught up to me.

The other girls were at the USA Selection Camp, most of them at least. No matter how much I wished every girl could get it, I'd be so proud if at least one of them made it. Same thing for me. I was guessing Tyler was coming to London with how enthusiastic he seemed to support me but I wasn't expecting anything. I'd love it if he came though.

"Caroline Hodgson." I told the lady at the front.

"Oh yes. Here's your number." She handed me large label with the number thirty seven on it. I stuck it to my loose shirt and headed into the gym, Tyler trailing behind me, when the lady gripped Tyler's shoulder, "Sorry, no friends or family allowed. This is a private camp."

"That's fine." I told the lady, then turned to Tyler. "Come back at five, then we'll go out for dinner."

He nodded, gave me a peck on the cheek and left.

I threw my bag to the side, ready to try something new. I rubbed my palms together and introduced myself to the first person I laid my eyes on.

"Hi. I'm Caroline." I smiled sweetly.

"I'm Taylor." She smiled just as sweetly. She looked like a little girl, and seemed really perked up for the selection camp.

"So.. I'm guessing you play for a university or club of some sort?" I asked, trying to spark some sort of conversation.

"I just started at the University of British Columbia. They had an opening for an athletics scholarship. Apparently some stuck up bitch thought UBC wasn't good enough for her. I heard she moved somewhere east in the States." She yapped.

I bit my bottom lip awkwardly. I knew she was talking about me. I decided not to say anything. Instead, the coaches called us all to line up just in time, so we didn't have to talk anymore. I stood next to Taylor as the coaches split us into multiple teams for a few scrums.

"Fourth court." The assistant coach jammed his thumb over his shoulder and to the farthest court.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for giving me time guys. I decided to post this one. It's not that long, but it's better than nothing. It's just the prologue anyway.

During the time I wasn't uploading, I was thinking hard as to which direction I wanted this story to go. I have finally made a decision, and I hope you all enjoy it! (: