Status: Active!

Superhuman.

Two

Image

With much arguments between the blonde and another dark haired boy, they finally decided on the third diner I suggested to them. Which of course was the furthest one, so I was stuck inbetween the blonde and dark haired boy for a good half hour.

“So what's your name?” The girl asked from the passenger seat.

“Oh! I'm Julia, you can call me Jay though. What are all your names?” I asked.

“I'm Liam,” the first boy who I talked to introduced himself first. Everyone else introduced themselves and I found out the girl was Danielle, the second boy I talked to was Louis, the starving blonde was Niall, the curly haired boy was Harry, and the dark haired boy who was arguing with Niall was Zayn. I shared my 'nice to meet you's' and it became silent for five minutes, except for my giving Liam directions and Louis and Harry joking around in the back seat.

“What are you all in the States for? Obviously you're not from around here.” I asked, looking at Zayn who looked up from his phone.

“We're all from different parts of England. Niall's from Ireland.” Zayn responded. “Where are you from?”

“I'm from...here.” I replied and nodded. I felt Niall and Zayn look at me. “I know! Not exciting like you guys, but hey, I love California too much to leave.” Another awkward silence. “Would you mind if I borrowed your phone? Mines on the verge of death and I need to call my grandmother to let her know I'm alive and well.” Niall pulled out his phone from his hoodie pocket and handed it over to me. I smiled at him and punched in my house phone.

Hello? Who is this?” My grandma asked once she picked up the phone.

“It's me Gram.” I responded and shook my head.

Who?

“Julia, grandma.” I heared her sigh over the phone. “Grandma, I found a ride home, we're going to stop for food because I'm starved and I have to repay them somehow. I'll call you again when we're almost home, alright?”

Who are you with?

“Just some nice people grandma.”

How do you know that they are nice? They could be murders, or rapists, or--

“Grandma!” I whined and sighed, that's grandma for you. “They are not murders nor rapists.” Louis jumped from his seat and grabbed the phone from me. “Don't say anything stupid, please.”

“Don't worry we're not rapists, but she does have 24 hours to live.” He joked and I snatched the phone back from him, earning a freak out from grandma and a laugh from Louis.

“Grandma! He's joking, I swear! I checked their whole car, and all of them for weapons before I stepped foot in this car, I promise.” I lied. She sighed and told me to just call her when I'm about five minutes away from our house. I shared my love you's and hung up, handing Niall his phone back. I heard a smack followed by an 'ow' behind me and I looked at Harry and Louis. Louis was rubbing his head while Harry smiled.

“I smacked him for you, love.” Harry smiled, I shook my head and smiled back at him.

“You live with your grandma then? Why? If you don't mind me asking.” Danielle asked.

“Yeah, my sister and I live with our grandparents. My parents wanted out of California, my sister and I wanted in. So my grandparents offered to let us stay with them until we can afford our own homes or apartments. But I can't even afford a workable car.” I replied.

“Where do you work?”

“I work at a small ice cream shop.” I felt Niall sit up more straight and look at me.

“If I become your best friend, will I get free ice cream?” He asked me. I laughed and shrugged at him.

“Maybe, maybe not.” I replied as Liam pulled into the parking lot of the diner. This place literally has the best food. It's always dead in there, with usually two or three other tables occupied whenever I come in. I climbed out of the car and led the six inside. I right away made my way to my usual booth and everyone squished in. On one side it was me, Danielle, and Harry while the other side had Zayn across from me, then Liam, Niall and Louis. “Sorry, I usually sit over here. If you guys like, we can sit at a table.”

“I think we're fine.” Harry said, happy he got the side with only two other people.

“Speak for yourself,” Zayn said up against the wall. The waitress, Hannah, appeared infront of us with a chair and took our drink orders. Once she left Louis got out of the booth and sat on the chair Hannah left for us at the end of the table.

“This is a cute little place.” Danielle complimented.

“Their food is delicious. I used to come here all of the time.” I said and pointed out all the best foods on the menu to her. Once Hannah came back with our drink, she took our food order and disappeared behnd the swinging door again. “So what are you all doing in California?”

“Us boys are in a band.” Liam answered, I concentrated on each of the boys faces to see if I ever remember seeing them. “We're called One Direction.”

“I heard of you guys, you aren't too bad.” I complimented them and took a drink of my water.

“You've never heard of us, have you?” Harry asked.

“Afraid not. I'm sorry.” I apologized and the boys just shrugged.

“It's quite alright, we don't expect everyone to know us.” Liam smiled at me, “and Danielle is just here visiting us, she's a dancer.”

“You look like a dancer,” I said, and the guys gave me a weird look. “She looks like she would have a dancer body.” Louis smirked and opened his mouth, Liam gave him a warning look but he spoke anyways.

“The only person who'd know is Liam,” Louis said and the rest of the both turn to look at Liam, who was blushing like crazy. “Well, mate? Does she?”

“Shut up.” Liam mummbled, clearly still red, as well as Danielle. I laughed but then apologized for saying something about it in the first place. Hannah came out with our food and like a vulcher, Niall attacked his food with his fork. “He has got to be the most disgusting eater in the world.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much ATLxparamorexlove for my first comment!
--Emily;