The Beginning of the End

XXI

Effie was lying on her bed in the girls dormitory. She was trying to decide what she should do about the Harry/Fred situation. She had to weigh her options. On one hand, Fred was the most amazing friend she ever had. He was smart, funny, sweet, good looking, talented, and carefree. He was very good for Effie in a way. On the other hand, Harry was one of her best friends. He knew things about her that not even Ron and Hermione knew. Harry was just as smart, funny, sweet, and good looking as Fred but he had more baggage with him. Effie didn't mind that at all.

In multiple ways, they were both good for her and that didn't really make her decision any easier. There was one deal breaker though... Harry was still more interested in Ginny, that wasn't going to change for a while. Fred, however, was completely into Effie. That's who he wanted, it was her.

There was a knock on the door before it opened. Hermione popped her head in and smiled when she saw Effie sitting on the bed.

"Hey, it's about time for the match to start. We should probably get down there." She said softly. Effie sighed and got off the bed.

"Okay, let's go."

The girls left the Common room and made it to Hogwarts grounds. It wasn't as cold as it had been so Effie didn't have to wear a big bulky jacket. She wasn't sure why she agreed to come to this game considering Harry wasn't able to play. He had to serve detention with Snape.

Hermione and Effie found their seats and got situated. Effie's mind was still weighed down with thoughts of Harry and Fred. Which decision was the right one? She really didn't want to hurt anybody but she knew either way that someone was going to get hurt.

***

It was no surprise that Gryffindor had won. They were on a roll this year with Harry as their captain. Everyone made their way back to the common room as quickly as possible. There was going to be yet another celebratory party.

Music was blaring through the room and confetti was being thrown. Gryffindor's always got wild with their parties. Effie was standing next to Fred (he was still there), Seamus and Neville, sipping Fire Whiskey. She would have stood next to Ron and Hermione but she just wasn't feeling like it that day.

"Wait wait wait! Harry's coming!" Somebody yelled. Everybody got quiet and waited for Harry to walk into the common room. It was thanks to him that they won in the first place. Effie felt butterflies stirring up in her stomach and she sighed. She didn't want to feel butterflies. She didn't want to feel anything towards him. After a couple minutes, the portrait hole opened and Harry walked in.

Everyone started screaming again, including Effie which was surprising. Harry smiled at everyone, he was completely unable to speak. Effie couldn't help but look him over. He was still as good looking as he had always been. Suddenly, Effie saw Ginny run by from the corner of her eye. Before she even had time to realize what was happening, Ginny latched herself onto Harry and kissed him.

Effie pursed her lips and nodded her head. She knew it was going to happen at some point but she hoped it wouldn't happen like that. Fred reached over and wrapped his arm around Effie's shoulders, pulling her closer to him. She wasn't sure what to think when she saw Harry kiss back. I guess that was that, the start of their relationship.

Fred told Effie to meet him in the boys dormitory and then kissed her on the cheek. She was pretty sure she had just made her decision.

As she was walking to the stairs to the dormitory, she was stopped by Harry.

"Effie, are you okay?" He asked softly, Effie barely heard him over the music. She nodded her head and started walking again. Harry reached out and grabbed her arm, pulling her back. Effie furrowed her eyebrows and yanked her arm away.

"Talk to me." He practically begged. He couldn't understand why she was acting like this. She knew that he was going to be pursuing Ginny.

"Why? I'm not your concern anymore. Go off and be with Ginny, I really don't care anymore. I tried, I fair, and that's the end of it." With that, she walked away and up the stairs. She opened the door to the dormitory and saw Fred sitting on what used to be his old bed.

She didn't say anything, just walked over and sat next to him. She fiddled with her hands, not knowing what to say. Fred reached over and grabbed her face gently, forcing Effie to look at him. He gave her a quick kiss and it dawned on her. Who says she has to choose anyone?

"Look, Fred, you've been amazing and you're my best friend but I don't think I can do this. I just saw the love of my life choose somebody else right in front of me. I don't want to cause you any pain by pining over him the whole time. You're one of my best friends, I don't wanna do anything that might ruin that." She said softly, hoping that he wouldn't get mad.

"Hey, if you don't want to be with anybody, that's fine. I wasn't going to make you be with me. There weren't any conditions that went with my offer." Effie smiled and gave him a hug. Fred stood up and grabbed his jacket. He bent down and gave Effie one last deep kiss. His lips were soft and his tongue was gentle. He pulled away and kissed her forehead before leaving the room. Effie sighed and got up to go into the girls dormitory.

When she got there, she walked over to the window and watched for Fred to show up at Hogsmeade. She knew he was leaving and she was glad he was leaving with them on good terms. She couldn't imagine what it would be if he was mad at her.

After a good thirty minutes, Fred came into view. She watched as he turned quickly and disappeared into thin air. Effie chuckled and turned away from the window. Hopefully things would get better from this point on. Harry was with Ginny so maybe Effie could move on...that would be amazing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Effie

Okay so let me explain what's been going on. I got writers block for a loooong time, had issues with my mom, spent Christmas break with my boyfriend, then had more issues with my mom and moved out. I now live with my boyfriend and no longer have a laptop. I'm allowed to use his moms laptop but it's not always easy to write with my boyfriend up my ass lol. I'm really sorry it took soooo long to get this out. I can start writing again though so don't worry :)

read;comment;subscribe :3