Holiday

Where am I?

"Where am I?" Nick was laying on a grassy hill. He was no longer in his military uniform, but in civilian clothes. He had his black jeans and an anime T-shirt on. That was his favorite outfit. He got up and looked around. There was nothing but endless fields of tall grass.
"Am I dead?" He thought to himself.
"No, you aren't dead yet, but you soon will be." A voice called from behind him.
Burney turned around, the person was standing behind him. It was no one he noticed. This person had spikey white-blonde hair. Skinny and tall, but not as tall as Burney was. He wore all black, except a white jacket.

"So, do you know where I am?" Nick asked.

"Yes and no." The person said back.

"Can you tell me who you are?" Nick asked.

"I am part of your consciousness." The person said, pulling a pack of cigarettes from his pocket.

Nick laughed at him. "What is this, Inception?"

The person lit the cigarette and took a drag from it, then flicked it onto the ground. "You're in a coma right now. Technically, you're dreaming, but in reality, you are dead."

Nick was shocked, but was able to remain calm. "Can I go back into my body?"

"Actually, yes you can." The person said, shocked that Nick quickly got to the point. "What you can do is kill the one thing that is stopping your brain from connecting itself to your body."

Nick smiled. "That is pretty easy, I'm used to killing people."

The person sighed. "Ever heard that dreams can warn you about the future?"

Nick thought for a moment. "Yes, you mean like, if a close friend dies in a dream, then they will abandon you in reality?"

The person was impressed that Nick knew that. "Yes, well, this isn't a dream. The person you will kill can take the form of any person you know. You can kill anyone from the person you hate most to the love of your life. And this place has stronger connections to the real world. The person you kill, they will die in actual life."

Nick's eyes widened. "Well, there has to be some way to change that."

The figure glared at Nick. "Do you want to waste time with this or are you ready to take action?!"

Nick took a step toward the man. "I say I plan this out so no one I know has to suffer!"

The person was shocked at Nick's will to keep everyone alive. "Okay, fine." The man closed his eyes for a moment and looked down. "It's a myth, not proven, but it is said your target will change who it is every few hours."

Nick smiled. "So we wait it out and see."

The person looked at Nick. "I just hope your patient."

Nick walked past the man. "If it means getting everyone I love out alive, I'll wait for years." He turned around after a few steps. "You coming?"

The man laughed to himself. "Yea. We need equipment, and I know just where to go."

They both walked East, toward the capital city, Cenock.

"You know, I've never killed a target before." The person confessed.

"Good." Nick said. "Makes this a lot more fun.