Status: Active! Updates will be slow for now, but comments can speed it up :P

A Final Night

A Night Out

The evening light sifted through the windows as Oliver pulled back from his computer desk. Books were open and strewn about the floor in preparation for exams. The shape of his body seemed to be molded into the carpet from hours of lying on the floor and studying. His bed looked as though it hadn’t been slept in for days. A pencil was tucked behind his ear, ready to be used at a moment’s notice. He rubbed at his face and sighed heavily as he walked to the open window, which led to the roof above the porch. There was a light breeze as he pulled himself through the window and sat on the roof, hugging his knees. He was taking a break from the piles of homework that lay on the desk, beckoning him.

“Want some company?” asked a soft voice.

His head whipped around to see who it was. He hadn’t heard anyone coming to the window. He saw a pair of black boots and looked into a pair of dark brown eyes that had no end, as if they were a dark, bottomless abyss. It was Luke.

“Hey, dude. What brings you to my domain?” he asked Luke.

“Well,” he stalled, “I feel like you’ve been shut up in this house for the past few weeks. You need to get out Ollie. Heck, we need to get out! Come on! Let’s go somewhere!” said Luke, bouncing up and down like a two-year old.

“I would love to, but I just don’t have time to waste right now between exams and everything else going on. It’s completely ridiculous,” said Oliver, shaking his head.

“We need to have some fun! Let’s go, it’s Friday and I have nothing better to do with my existence than study anyway, which I sure as hell don’t want to do,” said Luke as he sat down next to Oliver.

“Do I have a choice, or are you going to drag me along either way?” asked Oliver with a raised eyebrow.

“Does it look like you have a choice? If you couldn’t tell by my face, I planned on theoretically kidnapping you with this elaborate plan that I formulated approximately 2.2 seconds ago. I was going to knock you unconscious with my bare hands and brute strength and then tie you up with duct tape because that stuff is the universal rope for beginners who wish to kidnap their best friends for a little fun,” said Luke playfully.

Oliver laughed at the mention of Luke knocking him out. “Dude, you couldn’t hit a fly. Anyway, you weigh about as much as a twig and I could push you lightly and you’d end up flying through the air and land in Timbuktu or some other crazy place.”

“Lies! Look at me! I have the physique of Adonis. That’s why all of the ladies and men alike are lining up to have the chance to date this beauty,” said Luke seductively as he motioned toward his red skinny jeans and white V-neck with suspenders that were all about one size too big for his small frame. They both laughed hysterically at the image of Luke looking even remotely like an Adonis.

“Yeah, more like the Adonis of hipsters and nerds. But, seriously, I do have a lot of homework to finish. So, maybe next time?” he said.

Luke looked at him with a face set in stone; there was no way Oliver was going to win the argument. Little did he know, it was going to be his last night in this world.

“Cool story, bro, but you’re going. I’ll call you later to let you know when we’re leaving for a bit of the usual teenage late night escapades. I’m also coming to get you, so you better be ready. Also, another incentive: I’m bringing along Serenity,” Luke said as though he struck just the right chord in Oliver. Oliver looked up quickly at the mention of her name.

“You wouldn’t dare bring her along. It’s complete nerd suicide! Do you want to die before we’re even able to vote?” shouted Oliver as his face turned a bright crimson.

“Calm down, Ollie. She may be the most popular and talented art student, but she is also my cousin. Not many people know that, but it’s always good to have a way into the realm of popularity, even if it’s too boring for my taste. Geeks have more fun, it’s a proven fact. Geeks have all kinds of things to obsess over, whereas the popular kids talk about getting chicks, throwing footballs, throwing parties, and getting chicks. Did I mention getting chicks? Anyway, Serenity and I are pretty tight,” said Luke with his characteristic smirk.

“Why didn’t you tell me this before?” asked Oliver. He threw his hands up in exasperation.

“Well, it could be because of that look you have on your face right now. I mean, you like a nerd at Comic-Con. Besides, you didn’t have to know. Also, I wanted you to try and get her on your own, but I guess it’s time for me to step in and work my match-maker’s magic,” said Luke with a grin.

“No, I don’t! Besides, I could get her on my own if I wanted to,” said Oliver, turning away so that Luke didn’t see the blush that was evident on his face.

Luke stood up to leave and brushed off the dirt on his jeans. He turned his head to look at Oliver. “You and I both know that you aren’t nearly brave enough to even talk to a girl. Otherwise, you would have talked to her by now. I don’t know what to tell you, man. You have to grow a pair or something. Everyone has their fears, but the key is to use that fear. Without fear you can’t be courageous. We’re young! Take the time to find yourself and do the things you wouldn’t normally do. Take some risks, Ollie!” Luke said seriously. He walked toward the open window and lingered between the frame.

“Oh! Expect a call later and be ready for the best night of your life,” Luke added as he left Oliver sitting on the roof, staring at his friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like the story!!! :P Comment and Subscribe! :P