Sequel: The New Generation

Sherlock's Girl

The Show down

Moriarty sat in 16 North Circular rubbing his temples. But this still didn't help his headache. It was getting worse by the second.

"Oi arsehole! When I get free I am going to kill you. That is if Sherlock doesn't kill you first. Or if you let us go now, I will just beat you black and blue instead." Sapphire yelled. Threatening the criminal made her feel somewhat better. She didn't care about the 3 rifles point her way, pointing at her chest, they needed her, so no matter what they weren't going to pull the trigger.

They had tried to gag her, to shut her up, but when they went near her she bit them and hard, one guy was bleeding, and another had completely lost his finger. Evelyn sat on the floor next to Sapphire, tears streaming down her face. She was terrified of the men and to be honest she was also quite scared of the girl protecting her.

"Deal or not?" Sapphire asked. Moriarty tried to block the girl out but couldn't. "Hey weirdo in the expensive suit! I am talking to you!" Moriarty lost it at this point, and stormed over to where Sapphire was sat on the floor. She grinned at him. He couldn't deal with it anymore.

He crouched down to her level, prepared to talk with the girl. Once he was opposite her, she looked up and spat in Moriarty's face. Moriarty wiped the spit off his face, looked at his hand then slapped Sapphire around the face. Evelyn jumped from the sound his hand made hitting Sapphire's face. Sapphire didn't even seem to flinch, even though her lip was swollen and bleeding, her eye socket was starting to swell. She just looked up at Moriarty and smiled, "You're dead." She smirked, grinning at him.

Moriarty wondered across the room, using a tissue to wipe the remaining spit off his face. Behind him Sapphire spoke again, her words slightly slurring due to her swollen lip. "Sherlock is going to skin you, making sure you're dead this time. And for good measure, I will make him take his time, so you know the meaning of pain." Sapphire sat there with a grin on her face.

Moriarty stopped where he was and pulled out his gun from his pocket. He spun on his heel, pointing his gun at her head. He slowly made his way back to her. "Say that again I dare you. Personally I believe you are not in the position to be saying those sorts of things." Moriarty said as he walked, keeping his gun steady.

Sapphire just laughed. "Oh you see I have the upper hand. You aren't going to pull the trigger, you need me. Besides…"

"If you do pull that trigger I will pull the trigger in my gun, killing you." Sherlock's voice filled the room. Moriarty turned to see Sherlock standing there pointing his gun at Moriarty's head.

"Yes but then the triggers of the 3 riffles in this room will be pulled, killing you, John, and Miss Morstan." Moriarty smirked staring at the gun.

Sherlock looked at John, who showed no fear. "Well John and I are fine with that as long as we see you dead. But Miss Morstan is an innocent member of the public in this matter so let her go."

Moriarty looked at the men trying to defend the sniffling woman that sat on the floor. He considered it he wanted to listen to Sherlock's requests; he wanted to enjoy seeing Sherlock in his last moments. "Okay she can leave. " He nodded at one of the men to untie and guide her to the door. Before she left, Moriarty spoke one last warning, "if you go and get the police, you will be found and no mercy will be shown."

Evelyn nodded to show she understood. She felt guilty about leaving them helpless. But she knew it would be what they wanted her to do. Not one gun lowered, as Evelyn left.

"Now either untie Sapphire or send away two of your, men I don't like being out numbered." Sherlock said in a blank tone.

Moriarty laughed. "Why should I? I am not untying his one," Moriarty said as he stroked Sapphire's hair, she pulled away threatening to bite him. "She is a little feisty one, caused a lot of trouble here. So I will comply with getting rid of 2 guys, just because I want to see you squirm."

Moriarty nodded to the 2 men nearest the door. They immediately turned and left, getting into the car I the driveway before leaving. The 5 of them remained silent in the room for a few more minutes. Sherlock looked at Sapphire, and noticed her swollen lip, and eye that was starting to turn purple. Sherlock stiffened. Moriarty noticed this.

"Oh you have seen the result of my disciplinary actions. She was being a naughty girl, she needed to be punished." Moriarty crouched down once again to Sapphire's level, and turned his gun to point at Sherlock. "Spit in my face and I will shoot Sherlock."

Sapphire nodded, when he reached her level, she remained quiet. Moriarty came in close, just what Sapphire had been hoping for; quickly she pulled her head back and then slammed her head full force into Moriarty's nose. The room filled with the sound of his nose breaking. Sapphire sat up, looking at Moriarty as he held his bleeding nose, a grin widened on her face. "You said nothing about head-butting." Sapphire sneered.

Moriarty stood up and smacked her round the face with the end of his gun. John had to hold Sherlock back before he shot Moriarty or charged over and knocked his lights out. "Sherlock don't, he is winding you up, and he will kill her if you retaliate. "Sherlock took a deep breath in and composed his anger. Sapphire still sat there with a grin on her face. She hadn't even winced as Moriarty hit her.

Moriarty stared at Sherlock, with an evil grin on his face, "See what I mean, she is a bad little girl she needs to be taught some manners." He looked at his white shirt, which had blood that was starting to dry on his shirt. He sighed, "You will get a bill for this, Westwood suits aren't cheap you know."

Sherlock took a step towards Sapphire. Moriarty cocked his gun and pressed it against Sapphire's head. "Take one more step, I dare you." Moriarty smiled.

"Let me just see if she is okay." Sherlock begged.

Moriarty considered, thinking about how he could cause any trouble if he came to see if she is okay. He couldn't come up with anything. "Okay. But give the gun to John first." He commanded.

Sherlock nodded and handed John, then held his hands in the air and walked towards Sapphire, stopping several feet in front of her. He glanced at Moriarty for approval. Moriarty nodded. Sherlock kneeled in front of Sapphire, pulling a tissue out of his pocket, and started wiping some of the blood gently from her face. "I am so sorry Sapphire."

She smiled at him, through the cuts and swelling. Sherlock placed the tissue in her hands that were bound in front of her and then stared at her face, stroking her face gently. He stood up again and once again crossed the room with his hands in the air. He quickly rubbed his eyes, then took the gun straight back off John, realigning his shot up with Moriarty's head.

"Let her go. Let John go as well. This is between me and you; they have nothing to do with our vendettas against each other." Sherlock said, with serenity in his voice.

Moriarty showed no emotion as he thought this over. "John can go. She is staying here." He gestured towards Sapphire with his gun.

"Why?" Sherlock roared. "Sapphire has nothing to do with this let her go!" John was only just able to hold Sherlock back.

"Because I could train her up, she could take over my business when I am gone, in years' time." Moriarty sneered.

John stared into Moriarty's eyes. "If she isn't leaving then neither then am I." John declared.

Moriarty smiled, "Oh I think you are." He looked to the remaining man. Who pointed his gun and John and walked forward.

John looked at Sherlock for guidance, Sherlock just nodded for John to leave. John left with Moriarty's companion.

Sherlock, Sapphire and Moriarty were left alone in the house. Moriarty looked at Sherlock, "I can't believe you thought I would believe your suicide." Moriarty sneered.

"Yet you called your men off…" Sherlock pondered.

Moriarty just looked at his nails. "True, but I had killed them I wouldn't have anything to use to make you come and play. But you gave me something new, a whole new way to get you to play with me." Moriarty taunted, as he slowly walked towards Sherlock.

"Well you got bored easily didn't even last a week without me." Sherlock said. Moriarty's gaze was now fully on Sherlock. Behind him Sapphire stood up. She had cut herself free from the ropes that bound her, with the shaving blade Sherlock had hid in the tissue along with a note. The note told her to make a run for it once she had freed herself and Moriarty wasn't paying attention to her.

But instead of running for the back door, she headed toward Moriarty and managed to behind him and put the blade to his throat. Moriarty gasped. "Good one Sherlock. I didn't think of that one." Behind him Sapphire's face was dark.

"Drop the gun, or the whole of your precious Westwood suit will have a scarlet tinge to it." She ordered. Moriarty dropped the gun. Sapphire chuckled in his ear. "Good boy. I told you when I got free I would kill you didn't I?"

Sherlock looked at Sapphire, he felt fear towards her, her innocence seemed to have completely gone, and leaving a dark child that would stop at nothing to protect Sherlock. Sapphire smile at him, reassuring him she was okay. Sherlock stared at her face but slowly the girls smile faded and a different expression all together formed. Pain. She fell to the floor, clutching her abdomen, where Moriarty had stabbed her.

Sherlock was terrified and was caught off guard for a second, so Moriarty reached for his gun. Sherlock saw his movement out of the corner of his eye, Moriarty started to line up his shot, as Sherlock fired his gun. Twice his pulled the trigger, shooting Moriarty straight through the heart. He fell to the floor with an expression full of shock as he hit the floor. He gave Sherlock one last look as he took in his last breath.

Sherlock dropped his gun and ran over to Sapphire who was lying on the ground. With one hand he pulled out his phone and began phoning an ambulance, while grabbing Sapphire's head in the other. John burst through the door at the sound of gun shots, while Moriarty's companion had fled. John saw Moriarty's dead body on the floor not far from where Sherlock was knelt on the floor. John started walking towards them, "Sherlock you did it he is dead…" John had a smile on his face until he saw the blood. With that he rushed over applying pressure to Sapphire's wound, while he took her pulse with his other hand. Sherlock had finished phoning the ambulance. He looked at John, sadness written all over his face.

"Tell me she will be okay John. Even if it is a lie. I don't care. I need to hear it." He said, desperate for an answer.

John looked at Sherlock, and swallowed the lump in his throat. "She will be okay Sherlock." John, himself didn't know whether what he had just said was the truth or not.

Sherlock looked at John and smiled. John understood how desperate he was. Sherlock sat cradling Sapphire in his arms. Sapphire was growing paler by the second; she opened her eyes and looked up at Sherlock smiling.

"It will be okay, Sherlock I promise." She said, her voice was weak and barely a whisper.

Sherlock shook his head, "What if it isn't. It is my fault you got hurt." Sherlock said.

Sapphire brought her hand up to his face, putting her finger against his lips. Sherlock didn't care she smudged blood onto him. "It is not your fault." Sherlock began to shake his head. "It is not your fault if I say it isn't. What I say you should take a gospel." She smiled her voice getting weaker.

Sherlock looked at her. Wanting to take it all back. Wanting to make sure she never went to Evelyn's flat. Wanting to have never met her. He wanted all these things to happen just so he didn't have her lying bleeding in his arms. Sapphire's hand dropped from Sherlock's face, her eyes closed as she lost consciousness.

Sherlock started shaking his head. "No. Sapphire no, wake up." He ordered her unconscious body. He began gently shaking her, as the ambulance came in. They ran over to Sapphire immediately taking over from John. They ordered Sherlock to put her down but he refused not wanting to let her go. John came over and pulled Sherlock away. Sherlock was heartbroken as Sapphire was pulled from his grasp.

John held Sherlock back as they loaded Sapphire onto a stretcher and removed her from his sight. Sherlock looked at her, terrified she wouldn't wake up.