There Goes My Hero

You're Not Going Alone

I was trying to get the guys back to our apartment when my phone buzzed with a new text. It was from Tony, asking me to meet him at the Towers. I shoved the phone back into my pocket and continued walking. I had no idea what he wanted but despite the fighting being over, Kirstie and I were still assigned to help the Avengers. Another dilemma popped up in my head; what to do with Loki and Thor? Should I just leave them in the apartment or take them with me. When we got back to the apartment, the both went over to the couch, Thor falling asleep. I'm sure he ate himself into a coma. Loki sat in the arm chair and stared at me expectantly. I excused myself to get changed and when I came out, he was reading the book I had been reading that morning.

“I have to go take care of something.” I said. He looked up from the book with a bit of confusion on his face.

“Alone?” he asked. I nodded slowly, my phone buzzing in my back pocket. It was Tony, being impatient.

“Just...don't destroy anything.” I said, quickly grabbing my car keys and running out. I practically broke every traffic law possible trying to get to Stark Towers. When I got there, I took the elevator all the way to the top. When I stepped out, Tony was working on something along with Dr. Banner.

“Mr. Stark, Dr. Banner.” I addressed them, walking over to where they were working.

“It's only ten miles from your apartment to here. What took so long?” Tony asked.

“I have house guests.” I replied.

“Oh right. The two Gods, right?” He said. I was a bit shocked that he knew that. “I know. Energy levels were off the charts when they got here. That's why I asked you to come.” he said.

“Because of them?” I asked.

“Loki is dangerous, Agent. I don't know why Thor brought him here but we can't trust him.” he said.

“You don't think I know that? There's nothing I can do, it's not like I can force them out.” I said.

“Right. Moving on, I did some digging. On you.” he said.

“Why?” I asked.

“I like to know who I'm working with.” he said, going over to his screen. “Twenty seven years old, five foot seven...already know that. Graduated at the top of your class from Boston University. Very nice. Got picked by S.H.I.E.L.D five years ago, you were pretty young. Oh, and your fiancee was missing in action after a mission went horribly wrong.” He turned to me, an expectant look on his face.

“Is.” I said, crossing my arms.

“Excuse me?” he asked.

“Is missing in action. Present tense.” I replied.

“Right, keep telling yourself that. Well, whatever killed all of them is causing some trouble in the woods in Norway.” he said.

“....Norway?” I asked.

“Fury didn't tell you? That's weird, isn't it?” he said. I stared him down, knowing he was just trying to get under my skin...but why?

“What do you want, Stark?” I snapped. Nice one, you let him win. Idiot.

“To help you find your fiancee. Or at least find what killed the team.” he said, pulling up a map of Norway and zooming in to a small town. My heart tightened. My home.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because there's a threat and I'm a bit busy here with the Doctor.” he said. I nodded, looking down to my feet. “Don't take off just yet. You might want to talk to Fury.” he said.

“Thank you.” I said. He nodded, throwing in a little smile before focusing on his work again.

I left the tower and got into my car, heading over to talk to my boss. If there was one thing Tony was right about, it was that I needed to talk to Nick before I decided to just up and leave for Norway. He wouldn't want me going alone either, which means I would have to go with someone. I wanted to do this alone, in all honesty, I didn't want to be responsible for other people during this. He knew I was coming, because right when I walked in, the room was empty except for Nick standing there, waiting.

“So, I take it Stark told you.” he said.

“Yes, he did.” I replied.

“You're not going alone.” he said.

“Sir, I would rather go alone.” I said.

“You're not going alone.” he said.

“Sir, I respect you but I think it would be best...” I started.

I am not losing another agent out there!” he shouted, stopping me from arguing further. “Agent Barton will pick you up tomorrow morning. You two will be on the first flight out of New York.” he said a long moment of silence.

“We're flying commercial?” I asked.

“No one is to know about this. We need you two to be discrete. Barton has the files you two need. Good luck and we'll be in touch.” he said.

I nodded and turned on my heel, walking out. Of all the people I have to go with, it just had to be Hawkeye. Not that I don't trust him, but I am much more comfortable working with Kirstie. But Nick had made it perfectly clear that this was not up for discussion. I drove home in a dazed state and when I got there, Steve's motorcycle was there. I sighed to myself and headed up. I walked in to everyone sitting in the living room. Kirstie smiled up at me but frowned when I didn't smile back. She was cooking dinner while the guys were having what seemed like a serious conversation on the living room. I walked over to her and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge before leaning against the counter.

“I'm leaving tomorrow morning.” I said, tossing the bottle between my hands.

“What!?” she said, awfully loud. I motioned for her to keep it down as the guys were now staring.

“I'm heading to Norway. There's some activity and they think...it's related to Eric.” I said. Kirstie didn't say anything except pull me into a big hug.

“Need some help packing?” she asked. I laughed and shook my head a little.

“Keep cooking.” I said, bumping her with my hip before going into my room and beginning to pack. I really want some answers and if I don't get them on this mission, I'll never get them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo!
Finally updated!
AND I FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL!
My graduation is next Friday!
AHHH! So excited!

Katie

Kirstie!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D