There Goes My Hero

Nice Island Vacation

The next morning, I woke in a cold sweat and my ears were burning. I quickly removed the diamonds and tossed them onto the dresser. I had just had a nightmare, one that truly terrified me. I sat with my pillow clutched to my chest, shaking in fear of it coming true. I slowly stood and left my room, hoping that maybe a glass of water would help me. The apartment was silent, so silent, you could hear a pin drop or a mouse sigh. I grabbed a glass and filled it, spacing out as the water spilled completely over the top. I felt the water covering my hands and I shut the water off, drinking the glass slowly. I placed the empty glass in the washer and then pressed my hands to the counter, leaning over. I was suffering so deeply. I knew I wouldn't be well for a while after what happened but I had never experienced something like this. I wanted to be normal again but I kept thinking about him, about the man I thought I would spend the rest of my life with. Maybe I had still loved him, very deep down. Then it hit me...I was feeling guilt. Maybe if I had found him earlier, he wouldn't have been like that. Maybe if I had kept him from leaving on that mission, he would have been normal.

“You shouldn't do this to yourself.” Loki said, making me jump.

“I'm not doing anything.” I snapped, pushing my damp hair out of my face.

“You are blaming yourself for Eric. It was nothing to do with you.” he said. I turned and leaned against the counter to look at him.

“You don't know that.” I said, crossing my arms.

“I do, actually. You were nothing but good to him. He was a lost man, it was all him. Don't torture yourself with this.” he said softly. I stayed silent and stared at my feet. My vision started blurring as tears formed in my eyes. My shoulders slumped forward, curling inward to protect myself. Loki took me in his arms and sighed, holding me tight and close.

“I see him every time I sleep. I just want to forget.” I cried into his shirt.

“It will heal in time.” he said softly, gently stroking my hair.

“Not fast enough.” I said. He laughed and then let out a sigh, holding me out at arms length.

“Go back to sleep. You'll be okay.” he said.

I nodded and went back to my room, curling back up in my bed and falling asleep quickly. I didn't see Eric once in my dreams. Everything was peaceful, calm, beautiful. I must have been sleeping heavily because when I woke up, the sun was lighting up my room and I felt better than I had ever felt before. I felt so rested, full of energy. I couldn't believe I had even slept the rest of the night. When I walked out of my room, Kirstie was talking about Nick allowing her to take a vacation. She smiled at me when she said that we were all going on vacation to Fiji. She knew how badly I've wanted to go there. I smiled back and hugged her before she announced that everyone should start packing. I went back in my room and Kirstie followed me, watching as I threw my suitcase on the bed.

“Are you okay with this?” She asked. I smiled and nodded to her.

“Of course! Who doesn't want to go to some beautiful island and just sit by the ocean with fruity drinks.” I said, making her laugh.

“We need to swim with the turtles!” she said.

“Okay, we will.” I said, stuffing a few dresses into the large suitcase. She was silent for a bit, picking at her nail beds. After a little while, she finally spoke up.

“Can we invite Steve?” she asked. I poked my head out of my bathroom, where I was grabbing my make up.

“Ohh, you want to bring Steve?” I teased. She blushed and ducked her head a little. “That's so cute!” I teased more.

“Are you done?” she asked.

“Bring him! Maybe the whole team can take a vacation!” I said.

“Do you think Director Fury would approve of that?” she asked.

“Ask him! I'm sure it would be fun!” I said.

“What about Banner?” she asked.

“It's an island! I doubt he'll get that angry. We'll just keep an eye on him.” I said.

“I'm calling him now!” she declared, smiling as she left the room. I think The Avengers could use a nice island vacation.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the stupid mechanic hasn't called yet!
I WANT MY FREAKING CAR BACK!
It's been almost two months!
GRRRRR COME ONNNN!!!

GO GO KIRSTIE RANGER!