‹ Prequel: Through the Hard Times
Status: Sorry it's been so long. I started college and it has taken up more time than I thought it would. I will update over the summer as soon as I can

Not So Perfect Landing

Chapter 17

Half an hour later we were sitting down to dinner with Ana talking about work.
“It was fun; I work in the Harry Potter Castle. It is so cool; I just wish I could go on the rides.”
“Why can’t you, Babe?” Jason asked.
“It’s not safe for the baby. I plan on going on it after the baby is born though.” I smiled and took a bite of my food. “How was your first day?”
“Good, I work at the store and it pays pretty good money. There is always someone in the store, too, so it’s a great way to keep busy. Everyone is really nice. Brayden had an emergency and had to leave so everyone pitched in to help train me.” I smiled at him before yawning and going to bed. Jason stayed up talking to Ana.
I woke up the next morning snuggled into Jason’s chest. I smiled and breathed in his scent. I lay there comfortably for a while.
“How long have you been up?” Jason groaned opening his eyes.
“I don’t know, a while. I’m comfortable though.”
“Hmm, I’m glad.” He kissed the top of my head. “Do you feel okay?”
“Yeah, I don’t feel sick at all.” I smiled.
“Good, I’m glad. I don’t like you being sick.”
“I don’t like being sick either. What time do you have to work?”
“Eleven, how ‘bout you?”
“Noon,” I looked over at the clock. “We should get up and get ready. It’s nine o’clock,”
“No,” he groaned.
“Sorry, Babe,” I climbed out of bed.
The next few months passed quickly. Jason and I spent a lot of time working and doing schoolwork. Amara sent all of the baby stuff. The nursery was set up as soon as it came. Jason and I were able to buy a car seat after a few weeks of working. I am currently nine months pregnant and on maternity leave. We opted not to find out the sex of the baby so I can’t wait to have the baby. Jason has been reluctant to go to work so close to my due date. We needed money so I refused to let him take any time off. Ana is taking time off until I have the baby so I’m not alone when I go into labor.
“Jason, wake up,” I told him angrily.
“What? Are you okay? Is it time?”
“No, it’s not time and no, I’m not okay. My back hurts and I’ve gotten all of an hour of sleep.”
“I’m sorry, Baby,” he kissed my forehead while I glared at him.
“You need to go to work.”
“I’m going, I’m going,” he climbed out of bed and a few minutes later I heard the shower turn on. I sighed and rolled out of bed.
“Morning, Alexa,”
“Morning, Ana,” I groaned and put a hand on my large stomach.
“Are you doing okay, Alexa?”
“Yeah, just Braxton Hicks Contraction. I’m going to lay down on the couch. Can you bring me some waffles or something?”
“Yeah, you go and get comfortable.”
“Thanks, Ana,” I lay down on the couch. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I opened my eyes when I felt something touch my forehead.
“Hey, Baby, I’m going to work. I’ll be back at ten. Call me if anything happens.”
“I will, have fun at work. Don’t call me every five minutes. I’ll call you if something happens. Don’t forget to say good-bye to your son.”
“You mean my daughter.” He raised his eyebrows at me.
“Jason, when are you going to realize that I’m right?”
“Never,” he laughed. “I gotta go. I love you.”
“I love you, too,” I fell asleep after he left. I don’t know how long I slept but Ana shook me awake. “What?”
“You’re soaked and you’ve been groaning in pain. You’re in labor.” My eyes widened and I looked at her in fear. “Come on, I already called Jason, he’s waiting for us to pick him up.” She helped me in the car before driving down the road to pick up Jason. A few minutes later I was being rushed to the delivery room having slept through all the labor. Ana stayed in the waiting room and called everyone. Jason held my hand and whispered encouraging things in my ear, while the doctor had me push. I lay back exhausted once I heard a baby cry. I asked the doctor to let Jason tell me the sex and Jason let go of my hand to cut the umbilical cord.
“Alexa, it’s a girl,” he smiled at me.
“Really? Can I hold her?” Jason brought her over to me and lay her in my arms. “Hi, Baby, I’m your Mommy. I love you so much.” I kissed the top of her head and let the nurse take and clean her up. I looked up at Jason and smiled, “We did it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry about the wait. It has been quite a year. I have no idea when the next update will be. I am in college and that does not leave much free time. Let me know what you think.
Rach