Sequel: Ours Now....
Status: All done!

Ours Then....

Day 11

Ours Then….

Day 11
Sid,
I’m sitting up in the box with Nat and Mario. We’re all anxiously awaiting the start of the game. Just a few more teams to get through and you’ll be hoisting the Cup. I remember watching last year’s playoffs on t.v. I was preparing for Beijing and hockey was a welcome distraction. Of course, it didn’t help that you were playing. You always seem to reappear at odd times.

That summer felt a million times longer than it really was. Like you promised, we talked in some form every day. Sometimes it would be on our phones, while others we would IM or text or video chat. We were making an effort to keep things together and it all seemed to be working.

“Ryan!” I yelled coming down the stairs. “I gotta get to the meet. You driving me or what?” I was only two days shy of turning 16.

“I will. But could you stop yelling and come out here,” he called to me from the driveway.

I huffed and hefted my duffel higher onto my shoulder.

“What now, Ry?” I asked not looking up from my cell.

“Put that damned phone away,” my father told me.

I sighed and did as he said. Looking up, I almost fell over. You were standing in my driveway with my whole family. What the fuck?

“Sid!” I laughed.

“Rory!” you chuckled picking me up.

“You’re here! My God, did you guys plan all this?” I asked my family.

“It was all Sidney and Ryan,” Janine smiled. “They did all the work.”

I beamed at my male cousin. Running over to him, I enveloped him in a hug.

“Merci,” I breathed. “Merci beaucoup.” I meant it. Despite the fact that Ryan drove me up the wall, we had a special bond. We were probably the two smartest people in our family and we would hold whole conversations in German and French, uninterrupted.

“De rien, Rory,” he smiled. “I’m just glad you’re happy.”

I reverted back to English as well. “I am. Incredibly happy.”

“So if I’m not mistaken, you’ve got a swim meet to get to,” you said wrapping an arm around my waist.

“That you do,” my dad nodded. “Let’s get going. Sid, Rory, you two can hop in with Janine and Ryan. We’ll meet you guys there.”

The four of us climbed into Ryan’s beat up Ford truck and headed off to the meet. Having your hand in mine again felt so good, Sidney. I was glad to have you by my side again.

Day 11 Over and Out!
Yours,
Rory
♠ ♠ ♠
He's there! Ahhhhh! You all had to know it was coming. I'm going to try and update this at least once more today, but I have some things going on that I need to do at home and some other stories that need attention. Let me know what you're thinking, lovelies! Any suggestions you'd like to make? I'll consider everything you guys suggest!