Status: Completed

Kill Me Softly

Coffin

Andy must be really good at hiding. My mom hasn't seen him at all. She has to come into my room every other hour just to check on me. Whenever she walks in she just stares at me and acts like no one else is in the room. Even though Andy is sitting right next to me. Once my mom left the room I looked at him and said, "Why can't she see you?" "I manipulated her mind. She can't see me." He said with a sneaky smile. "Really?" I said surprised. "Yeah," he said. Andy was looking through my CD collection trying to find something to listen to. "Do you remember that time I told you I wanted to be a singer?" Andy asked looking over at me with his crystal blue eyes. "Yeah... That was the day we had our first kiss." I said and he nodded his head. "I still want to be a singer, even if it kills me." "Can you sing for me?" I asked looking at him. "What do you want me to sing?" he asked walking over and sitting beside me. I felt him run his fingers along my back and it made me blush slightly. "Something that you wrote," I said resting my head on a fluffy pillow and looking up at him. He thought for a second and he walked over to the small box of stuff that he had brought with him and pulled out his old notebook. I remembered that he used to write songs in it all the time. After flipping through the pages for about five minutes he finally found the song he wanted. Andy sat back down beside me and he said, "Do you still have your bass?" "Yeah," I said walking over to my closet and pulling out my black bass. Pretty much I had taught myself how to play it. I sat back down and he showed me the chords to the song and I started playing. Soon enough he started singing the song...

"Take your crosses, I live without them
Standing wet in holy rain
When you were baptized ignored the problem
That's when I watched you seal your grave
I tried to save you, but let you drink the pain
A final song now we both know
So I'm not giving up, won't let you suffocate me
You find your hell is home

I don't owe you anything
You'll only die a dream forgotten
I've got my pride so hear me sing
I'll never let you steal my Coffin

Words is weapons
Here's them to you
So self-righteous, have it your way
I'm alive and now I'm burning
Say your prayers to end today
I tried to save you, but let you drink the pain
A final song now we both know
So I'm not giving up, won't let you suffocate me
You find your hell is home

I don't owe you anything
You'll only die a dream forgotten
I've got my pride so hear me sing
I'll never let you steal my Coffin

Never let you steal my afterlife
Never let you steal my afterlife

So I'm not giving up, won't let you suffocate me
You find your hell is home

I don't owe you anything
You'll only die a dream forgotten
I've got my pride so hear me sing
I'll never let you steal my Coffin

I don't owe you anything
You'll only die a dream forgotten
I've got my pride so hear me sing
I'll never let you steal my Coffin..."

I stared at him with wide eyes. "Y-you wrote that?" I asked stunned. "Yeah, do you think it sounds alright?" he asked looking at me in curiosity. "It's perfect..." I said and he leaned down and kissed me. I felt myself blushing and when he pulled away from me he smiled. "I love you, Ashes," he said nuzzling his face into my neck. "I love you too, Andy," I said kissing his forehead lightly.

I have school tomorrow. That means I have to go to bed earlier than I want to. I laid down and pulled the blanket over me. Andy walked into the room and looked at me funny. "What are you doing?" he asked. "I have school tomorrow." I groaned and he nodded his head. "Do you want me to sleep beside you?" "Please," I said with pleading eyes. He laid down beside me and pulled the covers over both of us. "Wait a second," I said getting up and grabbing my Batman plushie off my desk. "You sleep with a plushie?" he asked looking at me with his icy blue eyes. "I have to. If I don't then I get nightmares about the accident...." I trailed off and he nodded his head. "I'll keep the nightmares away also," he said wrapping his arm around my waist and kissed my forehead. I nodded my head and shut my eyes. "Goodnight, Andy. I love you," I whispered sleepily. "Goodnight, Ashes. I love you too," he whispered and I snuggled up against his chest. I couldn't remember if this was real or not, but at some time during the night Andy had gotten up to take a phone call. I could hear him shouting stuff like, "I'm not coming," and he was cussing. If that was real then what was that phone call about?