Mother Dearest

My Knight In Shining Armor

Image
An eerie blackness invaded my sight. Loud sounds could be heard around me, but not clearly. Voices were talking, but I couldn’t quite understand what they were saying. I was being lifted on to something, the feeling of cold metal against my arms. A mask was put over my mouth as someone held my hand, squeezing it lightly.

I tried to focus, but everything was too fuzzy. A circular, metal object was placed on over my heart. Seeing a faint outline of a boy beside me, my eyes slowly begin to close, leaving the eerie blackness to overtake me.
--------------------------------------------------------------
My eyes sluggishly open, letting the bright white lights hit my eyes. I focus my eyes, looking around to adjust. I notice a body beside me, asleep in the chair. Once my eyes adjust, I realize Alex is asleep by my side.

I move to sit up, only to become lighted. Laying back down I close my eyes and try to remember what happened.

I open my eyes as I feel Alex move beside me.

“Hey, you awake?” Alex says, with a scratchy voice.

I open my mouth to speak, but no sound comes out. I clear my throat and whisper, “Yeah, I’m awake.”

“You scared us all shitless Dani.”

“What happened?”

“Anthony came over and attacked you. But you’re safe now, and that’s all that matters.” He says gently squeezing my hand.

“Where is everyone?” I ask rubbing a bruise that appeared on my arm.

“They’re all outside in the lobby. Your parents are still on their way here. When they heard about what happened, your parents grabbed Aaron, Max, Nathaniel, and Toby and are probably speeding down the road as we speak.” He answers with a small laugh. I softly laugh, soon regretting it because of the pain that went through my body. Alex always has a way of making me laugh.

“Where’s CoCoa?” I asked knowing full well that she would have been in here even if it was only for family members.

“Last time I spoke to her, she wa-”

“DANI! YOU’RE ALIVE! THANK GOD! I THOUGHT WE LOST YOU! THE DOCTORS WOULDN’T TELL US ANYTHING AND I GOT SO SCARED THAT ANTHONY COULD’VE KILLED YOU. BUT YOU’RE ALIVE! HALLELUJAH!” CoCoa says practically breaking down the door. She runs over to me and throws herself on to the hospital bed, dramatically yelling about her last few hours here.

“CoCoa, calm down will you? I’m okay now.” I softly say, knowing that if I spoke any louder it would hurt.

“Yeah but Anthony put you in the hospital! He should…He should…He should die!” CoCoa says over dramatically at the end. “Once you get out of the hospital I’m taking you shopping. And we’re gonna shop till we drop…or at least till we use all of our available money.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Blackness overwhelmed me. The memories of that night came flooding back to me. That was the last time I was in the hospital, and now it was for the same reason. Anthony.

I open my eyes and see blurry figures around me. Adjusting to the light, I see my parents, Alex, Aaron, Max, Nathan, and Toby all in the room.

“Look! She’s awake! She’s awake!” Aaron yells pointing at me.

“Hey, buddy. How have you been?”

“I miss you a lot.” He says as my dad lifts him up to sit on the hospital bed with me.

“Oh sweetie, I missed you too.” I give him a hug. “All of you.” I look at my brothers and parents.

“You gave us a real scare.” Toby says.

“But we’re glad you’re okay.” Max adds.

“Mom practically had a heart attack when she heard you were in the hospital.” Nathan says, only to get hit in the back of the head by Mom.

“Oh hush, Nathan. I’m just glad that you’re okay.” Mom says hugging me.

“As soon as you get out, we’re filing a restraining order against Anthony. He’s supposed to be in jail and there is no way he’s getting anywhere near my baby girl.” Dad says kissing my temple.

“Thanks Dad.” I smile.

“DANI! YOU’RE ALIVE! THANK GOD! I THOUGHT WE LOST YOU! THE DOCTORS WOULDN’T TELL US ANYTHING AND I GOT SO SCARED THAT ANTHONY COULD’VE KILLED YOU. BUT YOU’RE ALIVE! HALLELUJAH!” CoCoa says running in to the room. That sound so familiar. I turn to Alex.

“I saved you before, but someone else saved you this time.” He says with a small smile. “Someone wants to see you.”

My family, Alex, and CoCoa exit the room, as if on cue, and I see someone standing in the door way. His arm in a cast and his bright smile shining at me.

“So since Anthony ruined our date, I guess we have to go out again, huh?”

I smile. “Thank you, Zack. You’re my knight in shining armor.”

“It’s what I’m here for.” He says, coming over to my hospital bed. He reaches for my hand, holding it in his own calloused one, softly rubbing circles on to the back of my hand with his thumb.

And at that moment, I knew, he’ll always be there for me. No matter what.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finals suck. I still have to study for them. =[[

Comments loved, so tell me what you think.

Comment on one shot ideas while you're at it.

Peace & Love
-Holly <3