Sequel: The Space Between
Status: Completed. :)

Never Alone

Chapter Fourteen.

Jenna sighed and gathered herself before heading downstairs. Garrett and Pat were sitting on the couch eating cereal and the pair looked up at her instantly.

"So, where did you and John disappear to last night?" Pat asked with a smirk.

"We went to sleep." She grumbled hoping a blush didn't appear on her face.

"Don't believe it." Pat said shrugging and Garrett chuckled, "I'm going to choose to."

Jenna rolled her eyes as she sat across from them trying to get into the television show they were watching but her mind kept flying back to John.

John.

Stupid boy.

She sighed and tried to get her mind anywhere else. The other choice being Eric. She occasionally found herself wondering what it would be like in the moment if he was here. Probably how it had always been before hand.

"Jenna. Please." Eric cooed trying to talk his girlfriend into going on a double date wth Austin and his girlfriend of the moment.

Jenna whined, "Why?! We went with his last one and I almost wanted to shoot myself."

"But you'll be with me." He spoke, sticking his bottom lip out causing her to cover her eyes. He knew how to get his way. He grabbed her hands and pulled them from her face.

"Please?" He asked locking his eyes with hers, "I'll, I don't know..."

"Go on a double date with Pat?!" She asked instantly.

He groaned knowing the chaos that surrounded such a thing.

"Fine." He mumbled and a grin hit her lips. He also knew he gave in to her too much. He pressed his lips to hers quickly before pulling her from the couch, "Oh the things I do for you."

"No the things I do for you!"

He chuckled, "Guess we are even. Go get ready sexy." He said smacking her butt lightly.

She laughed and shoved him on her way up the stairs to her room.

"Where are we going anyways?" She asked as he reached the door to her room and she stood in front of her closet.

"Ok. Well, don't be mad..."

She looked over at him, narrowing her eyes as he smiled innocently.

"Eric. What are you getting me into?"

"Well...you know..." He said rubbing the back of his neck. He knew how she felt about going to clubs and Austin didn't know how to go on a real date that didn't end with that.

"I am not going."

"You said you would already!"

"I take it back!"

"You can't!"

She crossed her arms and he stepped to her placing his hands on her shoulders. A unknowing grin hitting his lips, "Baby, please do this for me. I swear I'll make it up to you."

"Whatever."

He wrapped his arms around her pulling her to him, "I love you."

She shrugged and he kissed her forehead, "What? You don't love me anymore?" He asked jokingly.

"Not in this moment."

"So if I ask in 60 seconds it will change?"

She nodded and he laughed, "You're crazy."

She shrugged and he cupped her face, "Funny thing is I cant go a second without loving you."

"Me neither." She mumbled and he kissed over her face and to her lips.

"Some things are just meant to be you know?"

"Like us going out with Austin?" She asked and he laughed, "Exactly like that! Get dressed!"


Jenna sighed and fell back against the couch. She was actually looking forward to touring with the guys simply because she figured she needed a break from being here. Maybe she needed a fresh start somewhere new.

"Have you began packing?" Pat asked and she looked over at him, "A little."

"We leave in two days. Need to finish. Don't be a John." Garrett stated and Jenna rolled her eyes, "I will tomorrow."

"John." The boys said at the same time.

"Whatever." She mumbled wishing they would stop bringing him up. Easier said than done though.

The next two days seemed to fly by and John seemed to seperate himself a little from Jenna which he hoped she didn't notice simply because he didn't want to hurt her feelings he just felt like it was for the best.

"Here. I'll grab your bag." Jared said with a grin as he helped the girl onto the bus. She thanked him and followed him to the back where he pointed out what would be her bunk. She sat her purse on the bed before walking to the lounge area where Pat and Kennedy already were.

"Hey you." Kennedy spoke with a grin as he patted the spot next to him. She smiled and sat down as he ruffled her hair.

"You should get Kelsey to come out for a few days so I won't be the only girl."

He chuckled, "Yeah, she is in a few weeks."

"Good."

She leaned against his shoulder as he texted on his phone. Probably to the girl in question.

"Where is John Oh?" Pat asked as he started playing a video game.

"Ask Jenna."

"I have no idea. Haven't seen him much lately." She grumbled trying not to sound like it was in fact bothering her.

"Odd."

"Yeah..."

John walked onto the bus throwing his things onto the couch beside Garrett.

"Finally." Garrett mumbled and John rolled his eyes as he fell into the seat at the table.

"Why haven't you been around lately?" The boy asked not wasting time.

"I just, figured Jenna needed space..."

"Why?"

John shifted in his seat and Garrett raised his eyebrow, "Did you sleep with my sister?"

"No. Dude this is really uncomfortable..."

"Well answer the question!"

"It's complicated..."

Garrett rolled his eyes and got up from the couch, "Yeah, well fine. It's complicated. Don't hurt her." He threatened before heading to the back where everyone else was.

John sighed and let his forehead hit the table. He didn't know what to do. Of course he wanted to be with Jenna but he knew she didn't feel the same and he couldn't keep putting himself through it only to get his hopes up.

"You ok?" He heard and his head shot up only to see Jenna. He simply nodded as his heart raced. That's what she did to him. He grabbed her hand and pulled her into his lap.

"What's wrong?" She asked softly as she brushed her fingers into his hair.

"Nothing." He whispered leaning into her and kissing her cheek. She placed her arms around his neck and he breathed in the smell of her as his face hit her shoulder. He held onto her tightly as they sat in silence the only sound being the humming of the bus.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

"What? Why?"

"I know I hurt your feelings the other day."

He pulled back to look at her, "No you didn't. I get it..."

"And yet you've barely been around the past few days."

He sighed, "Just been busy..." He lied a bit but it was for the best. She stared at him and he brushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Ok." She whispered and kissed his cheek. His eyes shut as her lips hit his skin and she boldly kissed the corner of his mouth and before he knew it her lips hit his. He grasped her side from the contact. A sober kiss was new to the pair yet he liked it already. His lips moved in sync with hers and his hand ran into her hair.

"You're starting to really confuse me." He whispered once she pulled back, her forehead touching his.

"You've been confusing me."

"How so?"

"Do you like me?" She asked boldly and he grew nervous, "I uh, well...the truth?"

She nodded and he laid his head on the back of the couch as he shut his eyes with a sigh.

"Yeah." He whispered going to just leave it at that and she stared at him blankly. He liked her. Her heart raced in her chest.

"I'm sorry." He added opening his eyes to see the expression on her face.

She shook her head and he narrowed his eyes at her, "Do you like me?"

"I tried not to..." She whispered fiddling with his shirt and he raised her face to his, "But?"

"But I can't help it."

He brought his hand to her cheek, "It's ok you know?"

"So everyone says."

A weak grin hit his lips, "I'm not going to force you into anything, Jenna. We like each other. Great. It doesn't mean anything has to happen yet."

She nodded and he grazed her cheek with his thumb, "I'm glad you do though. At least I now know you won't be flirting with anyone else."

She chuckled softly and a grin hit his lips.

"Yeah. Back at you." She whispered.

"Trust me. You can count on that I definitely won't. I haven't in forever."

"Because of me?"

He nodded honestly, "Yeah. Because of you."

"I don't want you to have to wait on me..."

He shook his head, "I have been and I will continue to until you're ready."

"That's not fair."

"Doesn't matter. You just don't get it." He responded with a grin.

"I don't get it?"

"No...I just...I've liked you for so long Jenna. What's another year or so?" He asked softly.

"You've liked me?"

"Yeah. I tried not to because of Eric and you know there wasn't anything I wouldn't do for that kid so I just kept it in because you two were meant to be you know? But now that you are with me almost 24/7, I just, it just all came back..." He said in relief. He was happy to get that off his chest.

"I tried to just push through it but I can't help it. You're amazing." He added and she just stared at him in shock. She couldn't believe he felt the way he did for so long. She felt a bit bad although it wasn't her fault.

"Don't do that." He said with a grin knowing what she was thinking.

"What?"

"Feel bad like it's your fault."

"You know me well, huh?"

He chuckled, "I like to assume I do anyways."

She grinned weakly and he brushed her hair softly, "So...what happens from here?"

"I don't know yet...I'm kind of new at this." She whispered.

"You've been doing fine to me."

She stifled a laugh, "I guess."

"You've been you. That's all I want."

She nodded and he kissed her cheek, "I can do that."

"Great."

He kissed her cheek once more before helping her up from his lap, "Let's go see what those idiots are up to." He responded grabbing her hand. She laughed and he pulled her into the lounge where everyone was sprawled about.

He fell onto the couch and pulled her into his lap which no one seemed to find odd. He pretended to be watching the movie that was playing but his mind was going over Jenna's words. She liked him. He had a chance now. He wasn't going to dare give up yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe. They finally admitted they liked each other! :3

Thanks for commenting;
Lovelyhope
Checkyesjuliet
Dhfadhfa
Multi colored ranger
Tonguetyd
Megustajawno
:)