Sequel: The Space Between
Status: Completed. :)

Never Alone

Chapter Sixteen.

John leaned against the bunk in just his jeans not really feeling like leaving. It was too early and he was still a bit tired. He let out a yawn as Garrett passed, "You can stay you know?"

"No, she wants to go so..."

"So you can't be without her for thirty minutes?" He asked with a smirk and John rolled his eyes in response.

"Yeahhh."

"Are you not going?" Jenna asked walking out of the bathroom. John looked at her with a sleepy grin, "Can't decide. I wanna go because you're going, but I'm pretty tired and it's so early."

"You can stay. I'll bring you some food back." She said placing her arms around his bare torso and a grin hit his lips, "You'd do that for me?"

She nodded and he slid his fingers into her hair as his eyes stayed on hers.

"I'm coming. Let me throw a shirt on." He responded kissing her forehead. She gave him a grin and he pulled away from her.

Oddly enough John was nervous. He still didn't know what they really were and so he didn't know whether he could hold her hand as they headed to a diner for breakfast. He decided to just shove his hands in his pockets although he would have rather held hers.

He watched her laugh with Pat over who knows what and a grin hit his lips.

"Oh man. It is so bad." Kennedy chuckled from beside him and he rolled his eyes, "Shut up."

"What? I didn't say it was a bad thing just that you've got it bad, man."

"So what? Maybe I do. She's perfect." He said his eyes never leaving the smiling girl.

"It still creeps me out seeing you like this."

John shrugged, "Sorry?"

"Just odd is all." He said with a chuckle as they reached the place. Yeah it was but John had came to terms with it a long time ago.

Jenna grabbed John's arm as they entered and he gave her a grin, "Well hello, Pat get boring?" He teased and she frowned, "No."

He chuckled as they found a table big enough for their group. Sliding into the booth, John held her hand tightly not wanting her to sit beside anyone but him really. He kissed the top of her hand as the guys all got situated before resting it upon her thigh. He rubbed his thumb over the back of her hand repeatedly. The feeling of her hand in his distracting him from paying attention to the menu in front of him.

"Fuck it. Just order me something." He said giving up as he shut the menu causing her to giggle, "Lucky I know you so well, O'Callaghan."

A grin hit his lips and he fought the urge to kiss her. Although she said she was ok with it happening whenever, he wasn't one to cause a scene which he was sure it would be.

He squeezed her hand gently as the waitress walked over to take their order. The breakfast was rather quiet since it was early and John paid for his and Jenna's meal once done. This did feel like a relationship whether she felt that way or not.

"Thanks for breakfast." Jenna whispered to John as they walked slowly back to the bus with the guys. She wrapped her arms around one of his and he grinned, "No problem."

She gave him a smile and he leaned down pressing his lips to hers.

"You're cute in raybans." She spoke and he let out a laugh, "Not as cute as you. Trust me."

She rolled her eyes and he led her to the bus. They all managed to sleep until they had to go set up. Jenna decided to wait until the show started. She got bored just wondering around.

"You sure?" John asked with a raised eyebrow as she sat on the couch. She laughed, "Yes. I'll be there when it starts."

"Ok. Suite yourself." He said with a grin as he leaned down to capture her lips.

"Go." She chuckled and he flashed her a smile before sprinting from the bus. She leaned back against the couch a smile still on her face. It was weird for her to accept that she liked John. He had been Eric so long she didn't think it was possible to even look at someone else.

She grabbed one of the boy's laptops from the table and decided to check her email and what not. She had a few friends back at home just none that she was extremely close with like the guys.

She boringly deleted a few before clicking on one with the title, 'what is this madness?' From her friend Samantha. She clinked on the link and a gasp escaped her lips at the picture that popped up.

Her and John.

Her and John from his morning. How did someone even get these? In one his arm was around her and the other his lips on hers. She felt sick to her stomach. She scrolled down to read the comments and she instantly regretted it. Most of them bringing up Eric and she shut the computer quickly as she breathed heavily. This is why she shouldn't have done this. She wasn't ready for people to voice their opinions. she got off the couch and climbed into her bunk feeling horrible. She would just skip out on the show tonight.

"Where is Jenna?" John asked as he taped his foot ready for the show to start.

"Maybe in the crowd." Kennedy offered an answer and he breathed out. It wasn't like her to not show up but maybe Kennedy was right. Of course his attention was turned to performing once they entered the stage and for two hours he tried to not think of where she was. Once off the stage he quickly showered and changed before leaving the guys and fleeing the building to find Jenna. He was now a bit worried. Of course he got stopped by a few fans on the way which he politely stopped to talk to and sign a few things.

"So you're with Garrett's sister now?" One of the girl's asked and his eyes shot to hers, "What?"

"Yeha there were pictures on the internet..."

He groaned. That was what it was about. She must have saw them.

"No. We aren't." He said signing the last girl's shirt. He finally said bye to the group and ran to the bus quickly.

"Jen?" He called out and no answer made him begin searching. Of course he didn't have to go far. He found her in her bunk listening to her ipod. Once her eyes met his she pulled out the earphones slowly.

"Show me the pictures." He said calmly and she gave him a questionable look. How did he know?

"Some girl outside told me she saw pictures of us. I assume that is why you didn't come." He said softly and she shrugged causing him to sit on the bed and grab up her laptop.

"Let me see them, Jen."

She groaned and sat up to type in her email address. Once she pulled them up he shrugged, "Not really that bad. What's the issue here?"

She scrolled down and his eyes came in contact with some comments.

'Are we sure she didn't have Eric killed off so she could be with John?'

'Isn't she Garrett's sister? How is he ok with her being such a slut?'

John clinched his jaw and slammed it shut.

"Jenna..." He whispered placing it back in its place and looking down at her. She shrugged and he brought his hand to her cheek, "Fuck those people. They don't know us."

"I just hate that people really think that."

"Who cares? They will never understand how much you loved Eric or what you are going through so they don't matter."

She just stared up at him and he sighed, "Don't read any more of that shit Jenna. You understand me?"

She nodded and he kissed her forehead, "All that matters is you do what makes you happy. Fuck everyone else."

"Ok." She whispered knowing he was in fact right. She didn't need someone who didn't know her getting to her so easily. He wrapped his arms around her as he laid beside her.

"I was worried about you." He whispered against her cheek.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think you'd notice."

"How could I not? You're always there."

"Sorry."

He pressed his lips to her cheek, "I'm sorry too you know? I shouldn't have kissed you earlier..."

"No, it's ok. Really. I'm fine. How was the show?"

He sighed knowing she was changing topics from her, "It was good I assume. Tired." He mumbled nuzzling his face against her neck.

"You slept all day."

He chuckled, "Yeah also haven't drank like normal so that could be why."

"I can tell. Why didn't you?"

"Wanted to spend time with my girl." He whispered running his hand up her side as he kissed her jaw.

"Your girl?" She asked and he nodded with a grin, "Yeah."

She rolled her eyes and he kissed over her cheek, "You're the only girl in my life so yeah, I claim you as mine."

"Well wouldn't that mean you're mine not that I'm yours? I mean I have other men in my life." She joked and he laughed, "Oh who? The four idiots on this bus?"

She nodded and he kissed her nose, "Fine, maybe you aren't mine, but I'm yours. Always have been." He whispered causing her to shiver as he touched his forehead to hers. She wrapped her arms around him and he relaxed against her, his lips gently pressing into hers.

"Good. Because I'm yours." She whispered and he smiled, "Good."

He pecked her lips trying to fight back the feeling he had to just spill his guts to her and tell her he loved her. He didn't want to freak her out though. He cuddled her to him and relaxed his head on her shoulder, his fingers grazing her side repeatedly.

"Where are the guys?"

"I don't know I left as soon as I changed." He mumbled as her fingers ran into his hair. He pressed his lips to her neck before lifting up to look at her.

"What?" She asked giving him a weird look.

He laughed, "Nothing. What was up with that crazy look?"

"You looked at me funny first!"

He chuckled, "Did not." He whispered kissing her softly.

"Oh right that was just your normal look." She teased and he glared at her causing her to laugh, "Kidding."

He rolled his eyes and she leaned up to kiss his cheek, "I'm kidding. You're cute."

"Yeahhh. It happens."

"Oh you are so full of it."

He laughed, "Whatever."

He laid beside her placing his arm around her waist, "When we get back home, can I take you on a real date?"

"Can't take me on a real date here?"

"Didn't think you would want to after that disaster."

"Need to be brave for once."

"Nah, you're the bravest person I know." He said honestly before he kissed her forehead. She stared up at him and he gave her a grin, "So, you want me to take you on a date?"

"I want you to want to take me on a date."

A laugh escaped the boy's lips, "I want to take you everywhere."

She grinned, "Then we can go whenever."

"Great." He responded trailing his lips over her cheek as his fingers wove into her hair.

"You're so beautiful." He added in a whisper.

"Am not."

"Are so." He mumbled bringing his hand to her face, his green eyes locked with hers and he kissed her gently, "I like you so much." He added causing butterflies to hit her stomach.

She grinned and he pressed his lips to her head, "You know, not to ruin our moment, but Eric's birthday is tomorrow..."

She frowned, she had forgotten the date days ago, but now she almost cried at the thought of forgetting his birthday. Right when she thought she was making progress she was pulled back in. It was a vicious cycle she wished would end.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like next chapter some of you might die. Prepare yourself. ;)

Thanks for commenting;
Lovelyhope
Daisylove
Multi colored ranger (awe thanks!)
:)